• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question???

Eagles released WR Alshon Jeffrey. he's 31 but he's also 6'3' 215 lbs.

he played in only 7 games last year and had 6 receptions and 1 TD. I think he'd be worth signing for say $4M for 1 year. I think he'd be better than Harry, who appears to be headed out. Thoughts??
He is Harry

Eagles suck. Why do you want all these bad cast-offs?????

(you asked!)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question???

he played in only 7 games last year and had 6 receptions and 1 TD. I think he'd be worth signing for say $4M for 1 year. I think he'd be better than Harry, who appears to be headed out. Thoughts??
Vet minimum only.

Take whatever NE can get for Harry.

NE has two talk pass catching TEs. Don't need a useless Harry.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles suck. Why do you want all these bad cast-offs?????
Because 95% of them rejuvenate themselves when they get to Foxboro. Jeffrey isn't randy Moss but he's better than Zuber or Harry or Smith or Wilkerson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 95% of them rejuvenate themselves when they get to Foxboro. Jeffrey isn't randy Moss but he's better than Zuber or Harry or Smith or Wilkerson.
I don't see any of these four you mentioned being on the starting day roster. Maybe Harry if Bill can't unload him. Maybe one or two land on the PS.
Instead of Jeffries get a WR in the draft and try and develop him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question???

Is he here to play football or have fun?

Jeffrey showed flashes but has fallen off. As you indicate on the cheap, Sure why not! Pressure Harry to earn his draft spot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of these four you mentioned being on the starting day roster. Maybe Harry if Bill can't unload him. Maybe one or two land on the PS.
Instead of Jeffries get a WR in the draft and try and develop him.
What you see isn't there. The season opened yesterday at 4:00 pm. I don't think Bill has set the opening day roster yet.

Of course this might be irrelevant but, Harry, Zuber and Wilkerson were all on the field in uniform for the final game of the season. Harry and Zuber played WR and both caught passes. Wilkerson played on ST.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you see isn't there. The season opened yesterday at 4:00 pm. I don't think Bill has set the opening day roster yet.

Of course this might be irrelevant but, Harry, Zuber and Wilkerson were all on the field in uniform for the final game of the season. Harry and Zuber played WR and both caught passes. Wilkerson played on ST.
Yes but now BB has Edelman, Gunner, Myers, Agholor and Bourne along with two pass catching TEs. Not enough roster spaces. Maybe one finds their way onto STs?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reviewing the patriots' roster this morning, there are onlya very few places that might need a bit of an adjustment.

Quarterback doesn't feel good. We've pretty much beaten cam to death and we still don't have any idea what Stidham can do if he's allowed to start a game. The future doesn't appear very bright right now. This will have to be addressed in the draft.

Center is in capable hands with Karras and the kid Martin was a starter for USC and spent last year on the practice squad. maybe a little competition in training camp and the kid becomes the granite block in the middle of the OL.

Kicker is conundrum. Folk is out i FA Land and the patriots have an unknown, Arguayo and 2020 bust in Rohrwasser.

I'd be looking to the draft and grab Jose Borregales MIA. In 2020 was 11-11 on FG under 40 yds. 9-11 over 40. Won the lou Groza Award for Best Placekicker. has kicked FG of 57 yds.
So...Jose Borregales at 15?

I'll write it down.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Free Agent frenzy has stalled on Thursday. Very little being done and the signings have literally stopped. Under normal conditions, this when BB starts to heat up and gets his guys. Going over the roster, there doesn't seem to be many spaces remaining.

If BB is going to deal Gilmore, why not offer something to CB Kenny King of the Packers or Xavier Rhodes of the Colts. Safety Anthony Harris of the Vikes is still unsigned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Free Agent frenzy has stalled on Thursday. Very little being done and the signings have literally stopped. Under normal conditions, this when BB starts to heat up and gets his guys. Going over the roster, there doesn't seem to be many spaces remaining.

If BB is going to deal Gilmore, why not offer something to CB Kenny King of the Packers or Xavier Rhodes of the Colts. Safety Anthony Harris of the Vikes is still unsigned.
Because.....
Just heard that the Patriots may be extending Stephon Gilmore. They will bump up his $7.5M 2021 salary and offer him the same salary (Whatever the bump bring it to) for 2022 and 2023.
I just posted in another thread about BB trading him....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but now BB has Edelman, Gunner, Myers, Agholor and Bourne along with two pass catching TEs. Not enough roster spaces. Maybe one finds their way onto STs?

But Edelman probably isnt going to play this year or at least miss a lot of time, right?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Leger
Thu, March 18, 2021, 4:00 PM·1 min read
Report: Patriots signing ex-Packers DE to one-year deal originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
The New England Patriots continue to wheel and deal in free agency.
They continued their spending spree Thursday by signing former Green Bay Packers defensive end Montravius Adams to a one-year contract worth up to $2.5 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Perry: Patriots vets who could feel roster crunch after latest moves

Adams, a third-round draft pick out of Auburn in 2017, has registered 1.5 sacks over the last four seasons with Green Bay. The 6-foot-4, 305-pounder appeared in eight games last year and tallied 11 tackles in eight games.
The Patriots have invested on both sides of the ball this offseason. In addition to Adams, they've signed Davon Godchaux and Henry Anderson to bolster their defensive line.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Edelman probably isnt going to play this year or at least miss a lot of time, right?
He says that he feels better right now han he has since he injured his knee the first time. He had the knee cleaned up and injected with stem cells. zhe'll b ready to go once camp starts.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots re-signed K Nick Folk to a one-year, $1.225 million contract.​

Patriots signed DE Montravius Adams, formerly of the Packers, to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.​

The Packers' No. 93 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft joins a raft of players entering New England during the team's nonstop free agency signing binge. Adams played in eight games for Green Bay in 2020, recording 11 tackles and zero sacks. He'll likely be a rotational player for the Patriots in 2021.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're wondering why the Patriots didn't go after the "top" WRs, here's some interesting things I heard tonight.

Emmanual Sanders - Belichick pursued him when he left the Steelers and he signed with the Broncos. When he left the roncos BB went after him again and he signed with the 49ers. Belichick would never ask him again.

Will Fuller didn't want to play in Foxboro. He prefers to play in warmer climates.

Kenny Holladay was soured by Matt Patricia and has no interest in playing for the Patriots.

JG Green had no issue with the patriots but wanted to play in a more friendly climate and real grass.

So there are multiple reasons for not playing for the Patriots. 2/4 want to play in a better climate, 1/4 don't like the team, 1/4 has pissed off BB.

oldmaninthedesert702

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rohrwasser. he kicked himself to the practice squad. he was horrible. he spent near all of the season working on everything in the bubble.
His tattoo's did not help, bet they release him before the new season starts

oldmaninthedesert702

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions let Chase Daniel walk, I would like to see the Pats add him to the mix, the dude is at least accurate, and no worse then Cammy

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard or seen that. Everything I've seen is he is expected to be back healthy? But one never knows until camps roll around. Will he still be able to cut to gain separation?