• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said it again what the fuck is your issue? If you got a problem man the fuck up and spit out! Other wise stop acting like a bitch.
Is that role reserved only for you? You said something, I offered an alternative thought, you repeated your first again and I'm the bitch?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network reported at 4;30 pm that the patriots and David Andrews were quite far apart on the financial end of a contract. Andrews is also talking with the Dolphins who apparently haven't overwhelmed him.

Patriots and Chris Carson are talking again, whatever that means. Sounds like he didn't like what they had to say yesterday and decided to check out other options. Those apparently were not to his liking. Timr for BB to say, "Take it, or go somewhere else. I'm too busy trying to get Watson from Houston on the cheap."
Andrews is testing free agency. Reports are he wants $7 millin per. Miami does not have it to spend.
Andrews will continue to test because there are still suiters but we expecto have last chance.
By the way, all reports have walked back the Miami agreement.....

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article250013359.html Good Read!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy returning?

Patriots signed OLB Kyle Van Noy, formerly of the Dolphins, to a two-year contract.​

It's worth "up to" $13.2 million, but we're awaiting for the "down to" numbers that don't make the signing headlines. Van Noy reunites with coach Bill Belichick after a one-year stint with the Dolphins. Miami surprisingly released the veteran edge rusher one season into a four-year deal despite being a locker room leader, and Van Noy used the hashtag "#Personal" as a part of his signing announcement on Wednesday. The Patriots struggled rushing the passer last season, but they've retooled this free agency and are getting some pieces back from COVID-19 opt out. New England will certainly be better in 2021, partially because of Van Noy's return. He'll be 30 years old

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots signed OLB Kyle Van Noy, formerly of the Dolphins, to a two-year contract.​

It's worth "up to" $13.2 million, but we're awaiting for the "down to" numbers that don't make the signing headlines. Van Noy reunites with coach Bill Belichick after a one-year stint with the Dolphins. Miami surprisingly released the veteran edge rusher one season into a four-year deal despite being a locker room leader, and Van Noy used the hashtag "#Personal" as a part of his signing announcement on Wednesday. The Patriots struggled rushing the passer last season, but they've retooled this free agency and are getting some pieces back from COVID-19 opt out. New England will certainly be better in 2021, partially because of Van Noy's return. He'll be 30 years old
Again to me this is a mehh signing. Van Noy is not overly impressive but he positions himself well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to me this is a mehh signing. Van Noy is not overly impressive but he positions himself well.
A very nice complimentary piece that knows the system and is a good locker room
guy. BBs success has come when he has a roster full of complimentary players no divas and few superstars.

Good signing.

Now let's fix that QB problem.

Has anyone checked on how much the odds have moved on NEs chances to win the SB since the legal tampering period started? Should've gotten your money in sooner.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me BB knows that with Cam at the helm he needs to take a different approach to have success. BB is shoring up the defense and defense is where he thrives, he also covets ST and just inked another former Patriot to help with ST. He signed two TEs which makes me think he knows Cam is not a QB that can win you a SB with his arm. Cam will at best be a game manager or that is what the Pats will force him to be. Cam has reasonable weapons that can make him better vs what Brady use to do making his receivers better.

I am not sure BB will be looking for out the gate starters with this draft, I am really starting to feel he will trade down and gather more picks, I feel he may even trade out the first round as whole. The draft may be about getting guys with a lot of upside that will be there in year two or three. Just seems to me his activity in FA is going to allow a lot more flexibility on draft day.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Van Noy signing. You get a guy, relatively cheap (haven't seen what the minimum amount is yet, just the maximum) that knows the defense and doesn't have to be an every down player. With all the new guys this year, it'll be nice to have someone that is familiar.

Additionally, the pats get a complimentary pick for losing Van Noy to the dolphins last year, and now still have Van Noy. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me BB knows that with Cam at the helm he needs to take a different approach to have success. BB is shoring up the defense and defense is where he thrives, he also covets ST and just inked another former Patriot to help with ST. He signed two TEs which makes me think he knows Cam is not a QB that can win you a SB with his arm. Cam will at best be a game manager or that is what the Pats will force him to be. Cam has reasonable weapons that can make him better vs what Brady use to do making his receivers better.

I am not sure BB will be looking for out the gate starters with this draft, I am really starting to feel he will trade down and gather more picks, I feel he may even trade out the first round as whole. be about getting guys with a lot of upside that will be The draft maythere in year two or three. Just seems to me his activity in FA is going to allow a lot more flexibility on draft day.
I just hope those upside guys aren't the same usual guys with bad wheels who start out the season on IR.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reviewing the patriots' roster this morning, there are onlya very few places that might need a bit of an adjustment.

Quarterback doesn't feel good. We've pretty much beaten cam to death and we still don't have any idea what Stidham can do if he's allowed to start a game. The future doesn't appear very bright right now. This will have to be addressed in the draft.

Center is in capable hands with Karras and the kid Martin was a starter for USC and spent last year on the practice squad. maybe a little competition in training camp and the kid becomes the granite block in the middle of the OL.

Kicker is conundrum. Folk is out i FA Land and the patriots have an unknown, Arguayo and 2020 bust in Rohrwasser.

I'd be looking to the draft and grab Jose Borregales MIA. In 2020 was 11-11 on FG under 40 yds. 9-11 over 40. Won the lou Groza Award for Best Placekicker. has kicked FG of 57 yds.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reviewing the patriots' roster this morning, there are onlya very few places that might need a bit of an adjustment.

Quarterback doesn't feel good. We've pretty much beaten cam to death and we still don't have any idea what Stidham can do if he's allowed to start a game. The future doesn't appear very bright right now. This will have to be addressed in the draft.

Center is in capable hands with Karras and the kid Martin was a starter for USC and spent last year on the practice squad. maybe a little competition in training camp and the kid becomes the granite block in the middle of the OL.

Kicker is conundrum. Folk is out i FA Land and the patriots have an unknown, Arguayo and 2020 bust in Rohrwasser.

I'd be looking to the draft and grab Jose Borregales MIA. In 2020 was 11-11 on FG under 40 yds. 9-11 over 40. Won the lou Groza Award for Best Placekicker. has kicked FG of 57 yds.
Agreed QB, K and RB to a certain extent depending on what still happens via FA or trades.

Otherwise NE looking good. No real holes minus the QB spot and BB still has $ to spend and 9 picks.

I like where we are at.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the deal with the kicker they drafted? He’s not even in the mix?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the deal with the kicker they drafted? He’s not even in the mix?
Rohrwasser. he kicked himself to the practice squad. he was horrible. he spent near all of the season working on everything in the bubble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question???

Eagles released WR Alshon Jeffrey. he's 31 but he's also 6'3' 215 lbs.

he played in only 7 games last year and had 6 receptions and 1 TD. I think he'd be worth signing for say $4M for 1 year. I think he'd be better than Harry, who appears to be headed out. Thoughts??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question???

Eagles released WR Alshon Jeffrey. he's 31 but he's also 6'3' 215 lbs.

he played in only 7 games last year and had 6 receptions and 1 TD. I think he'd be worth signing for say $4M for 1 year. I think he'd be better than Harry, who appears to be headed out. Thoughts??

He is big but again, who will throw him the ball?