• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel he did waste those picks. There were several TE's ranked much higher than those he chose. Just like the kicker pick. Several kickers ranked higher and he blew it.
In an effort to avoid some posters sensitivity I will leave at the emoji I have assigned your post.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots will not re-sign free agent C David Andrews before the market officially opens on Wednesday, though the sides will remain in contact.​

Andrews was already free to talk with the entire league, of course, but the Pats will officially let the market set his price. As NFL Network's Michael Giardi points out on Twitter, this is a tactic coach Bill Belichick has used before. Andrews is the premier center on the market, while the Pats have already lost a blue chip interior lineman in Joe Thuney. This power rushing attack would surely like to bring Andrew back.

I think Andrews would be a big loss. I'd call him a must. The rest they can plug in or draft.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An honest question, seeing as BB felt compelled to sign not one but two TEs and drafted two last year, is it safe to say he squandered those picks last year? Am I the only one that feels while BB can work a draft for selections that his picker is broken as often as it works correctly?
I don't remember last years draft class being especially heavy on TE's, it seems as though it was slim pickings after the first 2 or 3???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he over reached to fill a huge need. He and Josh were hoping that one of them was ready. Without training camp, neither were. Josh is at his best when he can operate the complex playaction or Jumbo run and has two TEs anchoring the OL. Gronk/Hernandez, Gronk/Bennett, Gronk/Izzo. Defenses would bring in the big guys to stop the run and the pass would get dumped off to Gronk and the DBs were overwhelmed. If they brought in the smaaller guys to rush, the hand off would go to the RB and he'd get 8-10 yards.

Asiasi and keene will learn from Smith and henry and the Patriots will have solid bookends.
We won't keep more than 3 TE's on the 51 roster.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Andrews would be a big loss. I'd call him a must. The rest they can plug in or draft.

It apperas theoriginal source has retracted this statement?????

"A recent report suggested Andrews intended to test free agency, with the Dolphins rumored to be a suitor. Now that Karras is coming to New England, it's possible Andrews and Karras swap places with Andrews joining head coach Brian Flores and "Patriots South" in Miami.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't keep more than 3 TE's on the 51 roster.....
So I wonder who is out I have to assume one of the two year two guys will get a look. Asiasi is supposed to be the more athletic option.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder who is out I have to assume one of the two year two guys will get a look. Asiasi is supposed to be the more athletic option.
At this point I would guess the best blocker stays but one of them can also play fullback. That might be deciding factor?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody ever given thought to Asiasi dropping weight and becoming a receiver>
I hear he is not carrying weight well and is a good athlete with good hands.
Does not appear he is cutting it as a TE.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody ever given thought to Asiasi dropping weight and becoming a receiver>
I hear he is not carrying weight well and is a good athlete with good hands.
Does not appear he is cutting it as a TE.....
I could see that and when they drafted Keene I felt the complete opposite. He needed to add 15 pounds of muscle and become a solid block TE with moderate pass catching skill.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karras is back for a 1 year deal at $4M. If Andrews thought that Bb would be paying the market price, he won't and Dave might be paying in Miami at twice what Bill would pay.

Breaking News:::::::::::

Patriots place second round tender on J.C. Jackson

The New England Patriots are doing what they can to retain cornerback J.C. Jackson with a second-round tender in restricted free agency, per multiple reports. Jackson will make $3.384 million in 2021 if he signs the tender.

New England gets the right of first refusal for any team making a contract offer. If the Patriots chose not to match an offer, the team that gets Jackson must give a second-round pick to New England.

It’s possible the Patriots are preparing for potential interest in Jackson, with the team signing defensive back Jalen Mills this offseason. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore is also embroiled in trade rumors. Jackson, Mills and Gilmore are expected to be at the top of the depth chart with Jon Jones and Joejuan Williams.

Jackson joined the Patriots after going undrafted. He quickly emerged as a legitimate starting-caliber cornerback, an elevated to a top spot on the Patriots depth chart in 2020 when he was the clearcut No. 2 cornerback — except for when Gilmore was hurt and Jackson jumped into the No. 1 spot.

In 45 NFL games, he has 17 interceptions and 100 tackles. Jackson was second in the NFL with nine interceptions in 2020.

List​

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karras is back for a 1 year deal at $4M. If Andrews thought that Bb would be paying the market price, he won't and Dave might be paying in Miami at twice what Bill would pay.

Patriots are not out on Andrews yet. Her could play center while Karras is a versatile center and decent guard......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 teams are now thinking, It's all fun and games until you realize Belichick has cap space.
What do you know...

“And one thing about Belichick, besides being a great coach, he’s also, I think, an outstanding talent evaluator and a great NFL executive, so I think it’s scary to give an outstanding coach like that tons of cap room that most teams don’t have. I think the Patriots are going to be a very dangerous team this year.”

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network reported at 4;30 pm that the patriots and David Andrews were quite far apart on the financial end of a contract. Andrews is also talking with the Dolphins who apparently haven't overwhelmed him.

Patriots and Chris Carson are talking again, whatever that means. Sounds like he didn't like what they had to say yesterday and decided to check out other options. Those apparently were not to his liking. Timr for BB to say, "Take it, or go somewhere else. I'm too busy trying to get Watson from Houston on the cheap."