• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL DRAFT

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, I think Stidham has the nod over Jones. And Cam was horrible for a lot of reasons last year, I am not closing that door yet.
Cam will start BB may not start a rookie QB. What this means for Stidham is interesting

Sorry, I thought you meant Cam when you posted this. I could see Stidham. He didn't impress either which is why I think we saw so much of Cam, but I don't necessarily think that book is closed on him as it wasn't the greatest situation. But, Cam sucks and the door is slammed shut and locked IMO.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that you were told all of these facts in confidence. Who are the Eagles and Giants looking at next?

The Eagles were high on Smith the entire time. Mostly because our current WR's either aren't good or inexperienced. The Giants were in need of a WR(as evidence of them selecting one later in the 1st). I am assuming they were going to take Smith since they took Toney. NYG did good though. They got a boatload of picks for only moving back 9 and then got the next best WR anyway. Dallas did good too by getting an extra 3rd for probably taking a guy they were going to anyway once the 2 CB's were gone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I certainly can't complain as an Eagles fan. I think they maneuvered very well in the first round.
It all depends on Smith. Once they thought they weren't likely getting the QB they wanted at 6 I think it was a good move IMO. But that isn't surprising because Howie has always been great at trades. I wonder if Waddle was the guy they really hoped they would get at #12 at that time. The move up with Dallas was a no brainer for Philly if they really wanted Smith (and a no brainer for Dallas because they knew they'd still get their guy and a free pick). Let's be honest Howie wouldn't likely do much with that 3rd they gave away any way. But, I think both Philly and NYG would have been better off grabbing Fields. Now they are both stuck with what likely will be crappy QB play and QB play is key in this league. But Smith has a chance to be fantastic I think.. I also think there is a chance that the kid the Giants took could end up the more explosive "Tyreek Hill" type

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t mind the Jets move because they also got a 4th rounder there and they have a ton of picks

I think I’d rather sacrifice later picks for a premium player now, than use those picks are total coin flips

I mean ya get beyond the 4th and the chances you nail a solid starter or get a pro bowl caliber player diminish greatly. 3rd round (early on especially)? You generally expect those guys to be solid starters... and on cheaper contracts.

The Jets have holes all over the fuckin' place... they need to draft as much as fuckin' possible. Their secondary sucks, their linebackers and lineman suck, they have no wide receivers or really any weapons for that matter... the whole team needs a makeover... you don't get rid of the #2 overall 3rd round pick and a mid 3rd round pick (given all the compensatory) for ONE position... when your left tackle is probably the only decent person on the offense.

I mean Alex Lewis isn't good, but he's not the worst starter on that offense. And don't even get me started on the defense...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean ya get beyond the 4th and the chances you nail a solid starter or get a pro bowl caliber player diminish greatly. 3rd round (early on especially)? You generally expect those guys to be solid starters... and on cheaper contracts.

The Jets have holes all over the fuckin' place... they need to draft as much as fuckin' possible. Their secondary sucks, their linebackers and lineman suck, they have no wide receivers or really any weapons for that matter... the whole team needs a makeover... you don't get rid of the #2 overall 3rd round pick and a mid 3rd round pick (given all the compensatory) for ONE position... when your left tackle is probably the only decent person on the offense.

I mean Alex Lewis isn't good, but he's not the worst starter on that offense.

They have an interesting decision with the 2nd pick tonight

both the UNC RB and the Ole Miss WR are intriguing but they need to address the defense this next round

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an interesting decision with the 2nd pick tonight

both the UNC RB and the Ole Miss WR are intriguing but they need to address the defense this next round

I mean they just drafted a guard... their left tackle isn't terrible (the center sucks but whatever). I dunno they can do another season with Tevin Coleman though who was ATROCIOUS last year. A runningback would not be a bad pick here. And then they can address the defense with the early 3rd and 3rd from Seattle... OH WAIT, they stupidly traded those away... :L

There's a solid chance Leatherface (lol), Darrisaw, or Tucker would've been there at 23 anyway.... all of which would've been a need. And if not they could've gotten a better RB at 23 and taken one of the OTs to replace Fant (who is terrible) in the early 2nd. Stupid drafting by the Jets. Just a stupid org in general... Wilson is nowhere NEAR the prospect Lawrence is... and the Jets won two meaningless games to get the inferior prospect...

I think it's bullshit the Pats had the luxury of the Jets all those years. I think the 49ers should be swapped with the Jets. Time the NFC West gets some love since outside of the 49ers (pending Lance) the entire division is a competitive nightmare.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they just drafted a guard... their left tackle isn't terrible (the center sucks but whatever). I dunno they can do another season with Tevin Coleman though who was ATROCIOUS last year. A runningback would not be a bad pick here. And then they can address the defense with the early 3rd and 3rd from Seattle... OH WAIT, they stupidly traded those away... :L

There's a solid chance Leatherface (lol), Darrisaw, or Tucker would've been there at 23 anyway.... all of which would've been a need. And if not they could've gotten a better RB at 23 and taken one of the OTs to replace Fant (who is terrible) in the early 2nd. Stupid drafting by the Jets.
Jets did great IMO. They needed a franchise QB and needed OL. They have a lot of valuable picks in the next couple of years and used one to get the best interior lineman in the draft IMO. I thought it was a great night for the Jets and now they pick again in what is a borderline first rounder. So many holes on that team and no RB was doing anything behind their shit OL. 3 picks in the top 34 is pretty good

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets did great IMO. They needed a franchise QB and needed OL. They have a lot of valuable picks in the next couple of years and used one to get the best interior lineman in the draft IMO. I thought it was a great night for the Jets and now they pick again in what is a borderline first rounder. So many holes on that team and no RB was doing anything behind their shit OL

No problem with the player they got... I have a problem with the trade. They still need a RB (Coleman was atrocious) and could've:

a) Gotten Lawrence (duh)
b) Gotten Tucker, an OT (also need to replace the right tackle), OR one of the BETTER runningbacks with their 23rd.
c) Gotten the RB they will probably take tonight OR an OT with the early 2nd.

and then kept the 3rd rounders which were NEEDED for that abomination of a defense.

It's overall a shitty value move for a team that has little to no talent/value on the roster. That's the problem I have with it. They're drafting like they only need a few pieces... they need about 17...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a solid chance Leatherface (lol), Darrisaw, or Tucker would've been there at 23 anyway.... all of which would've been a need. And if not they could've gotten a better RB at 23 and taken one of the OTs to replace Fant (who is terrible) in the early 2nd. Stupid drafting by the Jets. Just a stupid org in general... Wilson is nowhere NEAR the prospect Lawrence is... and the Jets won two meaningless games to get the inferior prospect...

I think it's bullshit the Pats had the luxury of the Jets all those years. I think the 49ers should be swapped with the Jets. Time the NFC West gets some love since outside of the 49ers (pending Lance) the entire division is a competitive nightmare.

Preaching to the choir

I’ve always said Brady has taken the path of least resistance his entire career

I think the list is very long of QBs that would have had huge success vs 20 years of a dysfunctional Miami, Buffalo and the Jets

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Shark here. I'm looking over the first round and my least favorite pick is the Jets trading for Vera-Tucker. The USC OL is just about the safest player in the draft but 80% chance he is a guard. Short arms, just absolutely destroyed by the Oregon pass rusher in college. Jets just drafted a high end OT last year in the draft and while doubling up makes sense with a new QB its generally smart to spread the wealth. I don't see the desperation here to require a trade up for a low positional value player.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be Jalen Hurts demise
Agreed.
You need to stop drunk posting
Massive mistake by the 49ers. There is a reason why Lance didn't play major college football. Either he's too dumb to get into a good school or he lacks the talent. He's just an athlete playing QB, he's not a QB.
Additionally, all teams know now that the 49ers have to get rid of Garoppolo because they mortgaged the future of the franchise on Lance. They fucked themselves there as well because now they can't get any value in trade for him because teams know they have to get rid of him.
Perfect scenario for Garoppolo though. He has a no trade clause so he can reject any trade offer to a team he doesn't want to go to forcing the 49ers to cut him and then he goes exactly where he wants to go and the 49ers, stupidly get nothing for him. Unbelievable. All this for a guy who won't be in the league in three years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29. NEW YORK JETS

The Jets, like the Dolphins, threw a lot of resources at the offensive line this offseason. That included a first-round pick spent on Louisville tackle Mekhi Becton, who impressed in his rookie season. His 74.3 PFF grade ranked 19th out of 38 qualifying left tackles despite battling injuries, and he showcased that his rare blend of size and athleticism could cause serious problems for defenders.

Overall, however, it was a disappointing season for the offensive line in New York. They allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 28% of their dropbacks — the worst rate in the NFL. The line wasn’t creating many lanes in the run game, either. The Jets averaged just 1.1 yards per carry before contact per rushing attempt in 2020 (30th). Once again, they’ll have to look to add pieces to their offensive line this offseason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Massive mistake by the 49ers. There is a reason why Lance didn't play major college football. Either he's too dumb to get into a good school or he lacks the talent. He's just an athlete playing QB, he's not a QB.
Additionally, all teams know now that the 49ers have to get rid of Garoppolo because they mortgaged the future of the franchise on Lance. They fucked themselves there as well because now they can't get any value in trade for him because teams know they have to get rid of him.
Perfect scenario for Garoppolo though. He has a no trade clause so he can reject any trade offer to a team he doesn't want to go to forcing the 49ers to cut him and then he goes exactly where he wants to go and the 49ers, stupidly get nothing for him. Unbelievable. All this for a guy who won't be in the league in three years.
I can see not being happy with what SF did. I don't think they played it too well myself. In retrospect, they could have just stayed at #12 and taken Fields. But that's way over the top IMO

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29. NEW YORK JETS

The Jets, like the Dolphins, threw a lot of resources at the offensive line this offseason. That included a first-round pick spent on Louisville tackle Mekhi Becton, who impressed in his rookie season. His 74.3 PFF grade ranked 19th out of 38 qualifying left tackles despite battling injuries, and he showcased that his rare blend of size and athleticism could cause serious problems for defenders.

Overall, however, it was a disappointing season for the offensive line in New York. They allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 28% of their dropbacks — the worst rate in the NFL. The line wasn’t creating many lanes in the run game, either. The Jets averaged just 1.1 yards per carry before contact per rushing attempt in 2020 (30th). Once again, they’ll have to look to add pieces to their offensive line this offseason.
Jets were 29th in everything. Most good teams find their Guards in rd3 and they just traded away those picks to get one in rd1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29. NEW YORK JETS

They're right tackle and center sucks as well... the whole line needs work... hence why they needed the picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets were 29th in everything. Most good teams find their Guards in rd3 and they just traded away those picks to get one in rd1
This is the problem. They didn't trade for most Guards. They traded for a particular player. I always hated that mentality. Think Dallas regrets taking Zack Martin? You draft a rookie QB that you want to be your QB for 10 years and have no choice but to play him week 1 because you traded your other QB you damn well better make sure you give him a chance or you threw away the #2 pick. The idea that the Jets should have forced a RB like some are saying is crazy IMO. You can always get a RB in August after cuts. You aren't getting a Guard to protect your QB and play for the next 10 years on cut down day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets also have a shit ton of cap space this year and next to fill out their roster

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem. They didn't trade for most Guards. They traded for a particular player. I always hated that mentality. Think Dallas regrets taking Zack Martin? You draft a rookie QB that you want to be your QB for 10 years and have no choice but to play him week 1 because you traded your other QB you damn well better make sure you give him a chance or you threw away the #2 pick. The idea that the Jets should have forced a RB like some are saying is crazy IMO. You can always get a RB in August after cuts. You aren't getting a Guard to protect your QB and play for the next 10 years on cut down day
So this just comes down to your team's evaluation. My opinion was the Zack Martin of the draft was Slater who was picked 1 ahead of them. The Vikings, who need a Guard, choose to trade down instead of taking Vera-Tucker. The Vikings also got a Tackle who I liked just as much as Vera Tucker when they traded down.

It basically comes down to thinking that the Jets are smarter than the Vikings.