• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought long and hard about him too. Also thought about adding Surtain and Farley.

Solid players. Surtain and Parsons probably go earlier then we pick but we dunno where we will pick yet, so until then lets keep talking about them. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ojemudia’s play we may not go CB early but I also like Shaun Wade and Tyson Campbell a lot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State RB Journey Brown who would have been in convo for top RB in this years draft had to retire from football due to an enlarged heart.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ojemudia’s play we may not go CB early but I also like Shaun Wade and Tyson Campbell a lot.
No question Shaun Wade can practice chasing KJ Hamler and improve something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore sure will be a great slot WR in the NFL.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say Denver is drafting at #15 . Give me 3 top players. Assume Bolles and Simmons are locked up but Von is not.

Well I would say pass rusher would be high on the list. Pretty darn good group of them in this draft. Joseph Ossai of Texas is one I like. A bit raw as he started playing football late but has the length and athleticism you are looking for. Jayson Oweh of Penn State would look good. Huge athletic freak that would be nice to see him work with Von for a year. Azeez Ojulari of Georgia is one I know the Broncos are high on him as he has shown the ability to get after the QB and drop back in coverage pretty well. That is something I know Fangio really values.

Beyond pass rusher CB has to be high on the list and some decent names to look at. Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, Shaun Wade to name a few.

Part of me though wouldn't mind seeing them take Kyle Pitts of Florida. I know they just used a 1st round pick on a TE a couple of drafts ago but could you imagine the athleticism of Pitts and Fant on the field? Not sure there is a team in the league that could stop that.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figuring we pick around 15 again I'll be looking at CB first. Come April when we are on the clock we'll see what way we go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figuring we pick around 15 again I'll be looking at CB first. Come April when we are on the clock we'll see what way we go.

I would say CB or LB would have the best chance to make an immediate impact on the team. Pass rusher would get plenty of reps but if they keep Von it would be a bit of a limited look at what they bring to the table.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a LB, but at CB we have Callahan and Bouye under contract for next year with Ojemudia who should take a step. If we were to draft a CB in the first round they should see the field.

We need to do something about RT. James can't be counted on, and there is no one really there to fill in that we have confidence in. Wilkinson is a FA and I don't see us resigning him.

Another DE probably makes sense at some point with Shelby Harris and DeMarcus Walker likely leaving via free agency.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a LB, but at CB we have Callahan and Bouye under contract for next year with Ojemudia who should take a step. If we were to draft a CB in the first round they should see the field.

We need to do something about RT. James can't be counted on, and there is no one really there to fill in that we have confidence in. Wilkinson is a FA and I don't see us resigning him.

Another DE probably makes sense at some point with Shelby Harris and DeMarcus Walker likely leaving via free agency.

I think they really like Calvin Anderson from what I understand. I agree they could still add more to the Tackle position and if they use a 1st on theposition I won't question it too much.

I do disagree a bit about the CB position in big part because I'm not sure Bouye is back next season. They can cut him with 0 dead money and he hasn't exactly lit things up for the team. He has looked better the last couple of weeks (that penalty on the Simmons interception was bogus) but I could see them cut Bouye to have money to pay Simmons possibly or maybe work on an extension with Callahan. Ojemudia has had a few decent moments but the team really has soured on him the last few weeks. His tackling left a lot to be desired so have to see if he can get back in the good graces of the franchise.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Bouye then a 1st round CB makes way more sense. Whoever we select in the first round should see the field right away. I really hope we can find a way to keep Callahan beyond 2021. We may want to look at a S as it is possible that both KJack and Simmons could be short timers in Denver. Would hate to see either leave, but Simmons is more important at this stage give the age difference in my opinion. If we can work out a new deal with KJack and sign Simmons long term, I would be ecstatic.

It will be interesting what we do with Von. He has a huge cap number next year. In a perfect world we work out a more team friendly deal to get some cap space back, and keep in Denver for the for the rest of his career.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Bouye then a 1st round CB makes way more sense. Whoever we select in the first round should see the field right away. I really hope we can find a way to keep Callahan beyond 2021. We may want to look at a S as it is possible that both KJack and Simmons could be short timers in Denver. Would hate to see either leave, but Simmons is more important at this stage give the age difference in my opinion. If we can work out a new deal with KJack and sign Simmons long term, I would be ecstatic.

It will be interesting what we do with Von. He has a huge cap number next year. In a perfect world we work out a more team friendly deal to get some cap space back, and keep in Denver for the for the rest of his career.

It just wouldn't shock me to see the Broncos move on from guys like Casey and Bouye after this season. That cap space would be huge in keeping the long-term plan guys like Simmons. Even if they keep Bouye though I think CB has to be high on the list. You talk about Ojemudia taking that next step and I hope he does but that is not guaranteed. And in today's NFL we are seeing how important depth at the CB position is. That game against Atlanta could end up being the difference between the playoffs or not. Bouye and Callahan have shown they struggle to stay healthy so depth and replacement options for the future is huge at a premium position like CB.

My guess though is CB will not be quite as high on the Broncos' list as maybe that of the fans even if Bouye is gone. Fangio in all of his time being either a HC or DC has only had 1 1st round CB drafted. He looks for certain traits that most other teams are not looking for meaning he can get quality guys that fit his system much later in the draft. Reminds me of the Broncos with the OL under Shanahan where they were looking for the quick footed smaller guys and many of them could be had later in the draft.

I also agree on the Safety position. Not only for replacement options moving forward but last year Will Parks played a significant role in the defense that is missing this season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say pass rusher would be high on the list. Pretty darn good group of them in this draft. Joseph Ossai of Texas is one I like. A bit raw as he started playing football late but has the length and athleticism you are looking for. Jayson Oweh of Penn State would look good. Huge athletic freak that would be nice to see him work with Von for a year. Azeez Ojulari of Georgia is one I know the Broncos are high on him as he has shown the ability to get after the QB and drop back in coverage pretty well. That is something I know Fangio really values.

Beyond pass rusher CB has to be high on the list and some decent names to look at. Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, Shaun Wade to name a few.

Part of me though wouldn't mind seeing them take Kyle Pitts of Florida. I know they just used a 1st round pick on a TE a couple of drafts ago but could you imagine the athleticism of Pitts and Fant on the field? Not sure there is a team in the league that could stop that.
Wonderful to see you CD!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with CD about the CB position.
Trey Marshall has been one of my disappointments this year for Denver. He is the same player he has been the last two seasons. I was really looking for him to step up into the Will Parks role this year. To be fair Parks struggled last year but was pretty good before that but hey he is back on the market after this year. I personally want to see Holder get a shot these last few weeks. Former college CB. I think he can be something. All biased aside. PJ Locke does nothing for me on special teams or as a DB. Like Holder much better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news to share with you all. ;)

I won my college fantasy league for the 3rd year in a row. Thanks to a very late TD from Ole Miss RB Jerrion Ealy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more players I really like that you will hear me talk about a lot. (Not positions we will target though)

Florida WR Kadarius Toney- Playmaker, who pin balls all over the football field. Really good after the catch, great return man. I like Hamler, but Toney is a guy I would want in the Hamler type of player role here. He has better size, breaks tackles and has great speed. I would rater him higher then Hamler coming out. He is a JR who should declare. I would project a 2nd rd pick.

Kenny Yeboah- TE- Ole Miss. Very athletic, more like a WR then a TE. Not sure on his blocking. It isn't bad, but needs some work but will come into the NFL as a pass catching TE. Transfer into Ole Miss this year and became the #2 passing threat to the other guy I mentioned a few weeks ago WR Elijah Moore.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like Elijah Moore as a slot WR in the NFL. He is up there with Ohio State WR Chris Olave who is probably the best route runner in this draft class. Also really like North Carolina WR Dyami Brown. Moore and Olave will declare. I assume Brown will, but if any of the 3 returned I would guess it would be Brown.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about the draft this year and our team going forward into the offseason, for the first time since our Super Bowl years I feel like we do have good depth here at many positions.