• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was a position of concern last year, and while it seems like an effort was made to bring guys in those guys showed me nothing. We may not have a choice but to run the ball
BB signed reasonable priced WRs that he felt improved the team. I would agree that Agholor and Bourne are a step up from last year, but neither is a #1 WR. I think he needs to bring in a Fitzgerald type who can still do what needs to be done at 37 and might instill a little competition. He could also instill a bit more self improvement in everyone. Just don't know what he'd cost or if he'd be willing to wear long johns.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I feel like the only WR we have worth a shite is Meyers.
While I agree, I think once Henry and Smith are healthy and NE runs the two TE set it will open up the WRs. I think Wilkerson is called up sooner than later. Wish Agoholor would at least look like Agoholor. He's looked terrible. Meyers over 1000 yards this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB signed reasonable priced WRs that he felt improved the team. I would agree that Agholor and Bourne are a step up from last year, but neither is a #1 WR. I think he needs to bring in a Fitzgerald type who can still do what needs to be done at 37 and might instill a little competition. He could also instill a bit more self improvement in everyone. Just don't know what he'd cost or if he'd be willing to wear long johns.
This is where we never agree. You always seem to be looking for something old.
Market is tough for young, excellent WR's right now. We have done what we can so far.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always seem to be looking for something old.
Old, tested, experienced and better than anything that the Patriots presently have. He still runs a sub 4.7 40 and has velcro hands. He would help this crew upgrade itself.

That and I'm old.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old, tested, experienced and better than anything that the Patriots presently have. He still runs a sub 4.7 40 and has velcro hands. He would help this crew upgrade itself.

That and I'm old.
I get it. My mother in law lives with us and she is 89.
She'll tell a story and I'll ask: "when was this?"
"oh, I guess that was 70 years ago"

If you and I went to the horse races, I'd be looking for young, improving horses. You'd belooking for John Henry!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have signed free agent LB Jamie Collins. Terms of the contract were not announced. Collins will begin his third stint with the Patriots (2013-16, 2019). He will join QB Brian Hoyer as the only New England players with three different stints with the team.
The Patriots also placed DL Henry Anderson on injured reserve. Anderson, who was signed by New England as a free agent on March 19, 2021, was injured in the game last Sunday against Tampa Bay. He played in all four games in 2021 as a reserve on the defensive line and registered three total tackles.
In addition, the Patriots signed DB Elijah Benton to the practice squad.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots signed S Sean Davis to the PS squad today.

2nd round pick by the Steelers in 2016 and had a run in with Gronk in 2017 or 18.

Went to the Bengals back and forth from the roster to the PS.

Came in for a work out Tuesday and the contract was finished this morning.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots will be without Chase Winovich for a minimum of three games.

The organization placed the outside linebacker on injured reserve Tuesday, per the NFL wire, signing defensive back Myles Bryant to the 53-man roster and kicker Riley Patterson to the practice squad in corresponding moves.

Winovich, 26, had exited with a hamstring injury during New England’s 35-29 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys last Sunday at Gillette Stadium. The team subsequently downgraded Winovich from questionable to doubtful. The 2019 third-round pick out of Michigan recorded 11 sacks through two seasons. He’s since recorded seven tackles and one quarterback hit this fall, playing 19 percent of the snaps on defense and 47 percent of the snaps on special teams.

Bryant, 23, has served both as a standard elevation and a Covid-19 replacement this year, recording two tackles with one for loss through 19 downs in the secondary. The Washington product originally signed with the Patriots as part of the 2020 undrafted class. Between cornerback and safety, Bryant appeared in nine games as a rookie to total 12 tackles and an interception.

Patterson, 22, visited New England for a second workout on Friday with incumbent kicker Nick Folk remaining limited in practice due to a left knee injury. The Reese’s Senior Bowl invite had signed with the Minnesota Vikings at the conclusion of the 2021 draft and was waived from injured reserve with a settlement in August. Patterson saw action in 52 games during his career at Memphis, going 64-of-83 on field goals and while logging 240 extra points and 295 kickoffs for the Tigers.

The Patriots stand with an active roster of 53 and practice squad of 16 following the transactions.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots will be without Chase Winovich for a minimum of three games.

The organization placed the outside linebacker on injured reserve Tuesday, per the NFL wire, signing defensive back Myles Bryant to the 53-man roster and kicker Riley Patterson to the practice squad in corresponding moves.

Winovich, 26, had exited with a hamstring injury during New England’s 35-29 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys last Sunday at Gillette Stadium. The team subsequently downgraded Winovich from questionable to doubtful. The 2019 third-round pick out of Michigan recorded 11 sacks through two seasons. He’s since recorded seven tackles and one quarterback hit this fall, playing 19 percent of the snaps on defense and 47 percent of the snaps on special teams.

Bryant, 23, has served both as a standard elevation and a Covid-19 replacement this year, recording two tackles with one for loss through 19 downs in the secondary. The Washington product originally signed with the Patriots as part of the 2020 undrafted class. Between cornerback and safety, Bryant appeared in nine games as a rookie to total 12 tackles and an interception.

Patterson, 22, visited New England for a second workout on Friday with incumbent kicker Nick Folk remaining limited in practice due to a left knee injury. The Reese’s Senior Bowl invite had signed with the Minnesota Vikings at the conclusion of the 2021 draft and was waived from injured reserve with a settlement in August. Patterson saw action in 52 games during his career at Memphis, going 64-of-83 on field goals and while logging 240 extra points and 295 kickoffs for the Tigers.

The Patriots stand with an active roster of 53 and practice squad of 16 following the transactions.
FGs 64 of 83?

Yikes!

Hope we don't have to rely on him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's not even average compared to the other kids in class.View attachment 281929
and after he graduated he hooked up with a new coach which changed everything (hypothetical). What's your point? Actually I do see the point but things change. Take those statistics and call them strike one, but if you strike everyone out after one strike you'll never see guys like Julian Edelman and Malcolm Butler and, dare I say, Tom Brady.

Adam V wasn't considered an NFL prospect until after he graduated. He just kept kicking.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and after he graduated he hooked up with a new coach which changed everything (hypothetical). What's your point? Actually I do see the point but things change. Take those statistics and call them strike one, but if you strike everyone out after one strike you'll never see guys like Julian Edelman and Malcolm Butler and, dare I say, Tom Brady.

Adam V wasn't considered an NFL prospect until after he graduated. He just kept kicking.
Didn't Adam go to Europe or USFL or something first?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I feel there are likely better kickers out there that they could've brought in with a little higher hit rate?

Hell people on here were complaing about Folk. I was not one of them.

I hope the kids gets signed with someone and has a great career.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I feel there are likely better kickers out there that they could've brought in with a little higher hit rate?

Hell people on here were complaing about Folk. I was not one of them.

I hope the kids gets signed with someone and has a great career.
I try not to get to much into "what I feel" because others are much more informed than me.... and once Folk proved himself I only recall 1 holdout who just wouldn't give him his props, but the fucker is loud enough that you probably thought is was more.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you bring in?

Or, at least approach their agent.
Any proven vet or college kid who has a higher success rate. Doesn't mean he'll make them all, and should only be a stop gap until Folk can return.

What about Gotskowsi?

Randy Bullock better than 80% under 50 yds. Further than that it's a turkey shoot.

I am sure there are others? Is Nordin on long term IR?

Just seems this was a stretch going for this kid. Hopefully Folk can handle the duties and this is all for not.

Again I wish the kid the best of luck

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriot Maven Notebook - Langi to IR, Patriots Host Three for Workouts and More​

Originally posted on FanNation Patriot Maven
By Mike D'Abate | Last updated 10/26/21

The New England Patriots improved to 3-4 on the 2021 NFL season with a 54-13 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday at Gillette Stadium. However, the Pats continue to make news as they start to make preparations for their Week Eight matchup with the Los Angeles Chargers. From another Patriot moved to injured reserve to practice squad reversions, here are the latest Pats news and notes, courtesy of the Patriot Maven Notebook

Langi Placed on Injured Reserve​

Just two days removed from leaving Sunday’s Week Seven contest with an apparent knee injury, Patriots linebacker Harvey Langi has officially been placed on injured reserve. On Monday, it had been reported that Langi has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL, making his timetable for return uncertain. As a result, Langi will now miss a minimum of three games.

The veteran linebacker had started Sunday at Gillette Stadium against the New York Jets in place of team captain Dont’a Hightower, who was inactive due to elbow and ankle injuries. Through seven appearances for the Patriots thus far, Langi has recorded two tackles, playing 16 snaps on defense as a rotational depth option, playing off-the-ball, on the edge and in run-stoppage duty. He has also been a valuable contributor on special teams, primarily on the kicking units, for which he has taken 98 snaps.

2021 marked Langi’s second tour of duty with the Patriots. He entered the NFL as part of New England’s 2017 undrafted class, Langi spent the past three seasons with the New York Jets. In May, he signed a one-year deal to return to the Pats. Following a roster shuffle in September, he re-signed with the Patriots, joining their 53-man roster.

In addition to Hightower, Matt Judon, Kyle Van Noy, Josh Uche, Ja’Whaun Bentley, Brandon King, Jamie Collins and Jahlani Tavai remain New England’s active options at the position.

Patriots Host Three for Workouts​

Former Carolina Panthers running back Rodney Smith was among three free agents hosted by the Patriots for workouts on Tuesday. New England also worked out offensive tackle Casey Tucker and guard Willie Wright.

Smith entered the league by signing with the Panthers as an undrafted free agent following the 2020 NFL Draft. He had an impressive collegiate career at the University of Minnesota, compiling 5,444 all-purpose yards (a University record) and 29 rushing touchdowns. During his time with the Golden Gophers, he was highly praised for his ball security, as well as his contributions in pass protection. Smith spent the 2020 season between Carolina’s practice squad and active roster. Through nine NFL games, Smith has collected 156 rushing yards and one touchdown. He is also quite capable as a receiver, totaling 107 receiving yards on 14 catches. The 25-year-old was released by Carolina earlier this month.

Tucker signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a rookie free agent in 2019. The 26-year old tackle has also spent time with the Detroit Lions and the Indianapolis Colts, along with returns to the Eagles organization in both 2020 and 2021.

Wright joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2019 from the University of Tulsa. The 25-year-old has spent time with both the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons. He served as a standard elevation from Atlanta’s practice squad in December, before being waived in August 2021.

Elijah Benton Released from Practice Squad​

The Patriots also announced the release of defensive back Elijah Benton from their practice squad. The 25-year-old originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Cleveland Browns in 2020 out of Liberty. The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder spent the majority of the 2020 season on the Cleveland practice squad. He was elevated to the active roster and played on special teams against the Pittsburgh Steelers in October 2020. Benton went to training camp with Cleveland this past summer and was released on Aug. 31. He was signed by New England to the practice squad on October 6.

Ferentz, Ekuale Revert to Practice Squad​

As expected, both offensive lineman James Ferentz and defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale both reverted to the Patriots practice squad, after serving as standard elevations for Sunday’s matchup with the New York Jets.

Ferentz has seen regular season action for the Patriots on three occasions this season, serving as a COVID replacement in Week Five (vs. Houston Texans) and as a standard elevation in Week Six (vs. Dallas Cowboys) and Week Seven (vs. New York Jets.) During that span, he has made two starts, taking 118 snaps at left guard and 16 snaps at right guard. Per NFL regulations, Ferentz would require a promotion to the team’s 53-man roster to be eligible to play in any additional games this season.

Ekuale recorded his second career sack against New York on Sunday, bringing down backup quarterback Mike White for a loss of eight yards. He saw a total of 17 snaps on defense. Ekuale has one additional standard elevation remaining in 2021.