• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our defensive depth...just got deeper?

I remember BB saying McGrone very likely wouldn't play in 2021 so this is a bonus. 5th round pick that supposedly would've gone a lot earlier if he didn't have the ACL tear. Our 2022 defense is already taking shape.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember BB saying McGrone very likely wouldn't play in 2021 so this is a bonus. 5th round pick that supposedly would've gone a lot earlier if he didn't have the ACL tear. Our 2022 defense is already taking shape.
And there really is no need to hurry him. If the Pats are smart. Let him rehab and rebuild / restrengthen that knee

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he came off IR then they have to activate him...No?

I thought practice squad players were protected this year? Couldn't they place him there?
I'm pretty sure they can elect to keep him on IR for the remainder of the year. Even though he's at practice it's more of an evaluation period where they need to activate, release (or send to PS) or keep the injury status. But if they keep him injured they can't get him back on the roster this year.

BK is probably well versed on the exact subtleties.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't play him, after 3 weeks he goes on IR for rest of year.
Let him work into shape and back up Hightower if neccessary....
So the options are;
1 Activate him and cut someone else
2 Cut him, hope he clears waivers, then resign him to the PS
3 Do nothing which will result in him reverting back to IR

Have I got that right?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the options are;

Have I got that right?
4. Have him share an apartment with Stidham.

Then no one will know he exists

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the options are;

Have I got that right?
McGrone was #85 on top 100 board. We stole him at #177. What an incredible draft!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGrone was #85 on top 100 board. We stole him at #177. What an incredible draft!
Without disagreeing, I see it differently. I see this as an extension of the amazing personnel work BB has consistently delivered.

Go back a few years and there were complaints year after year about all his misses through the years, yet he managed to either win Super Bowls, get to the game or at least get to the AFCCG. During that time they put Malcom Butler in position to make a game winning play and had Malcom Mitchell healthy enough to make enough contributions in another SB that they may not have won without him. Add in one hit wonder Sony Michel who, again, delivered during another SB run....

Now that "all those misses" should have finally crippled this team, the FA class of 2021 and draft class of 2021 seems to have rebuilt this team with two quick strokes. Point out 2020 if you like, but the QB position had already been compromised by TB's actions and directly led to the Mac attack and to an extent Barmore (it would have been more difficult engineering the trade that landed him).

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don't technically know if he is a steal yet. Lets wait and see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without disagreeing, I see it differently. I see this as an extension of the amazing personnel work BB has consistently delivered.

Go back a few years and there were complaints year after year about all his misses through the years, yet he managed to either win Super Bowls, get to the game or at least get to the AFCCG. During that time they put Malcom Butler in position to make a game winning play and had Malcom Mitchell healthy enough to make enough contributions in another SB that they may not have won without him. Add in one hit wonder Sony Michel who, again, delivered during another SB run....

Now that "all those misses" should have finally crippled this team, the FA class of 2021 and draft class of 2021 seems to have rebuilt this team with two quick strokes. Point out 2020 if you like, but the QB position had already been compromised by TB's actions and directly led to the Mac attack and to an extent Barmore (it would have been more difficult engineering the trade that landed him).
I'm not one of the naysayers. I am saying this was a very good draft!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don't technically know if he is a steal yet. Lets wait and see.
Technically, you are correct.
However week after the draft you look back at what you got with your picks and believe you got a good draft - or not.
You never really know until they play and mature but you still can grade yourself based on your expectations.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, you are correct.
However week after the draft you look back at what you got with your picks and believe you got a good draft - or not.
You never really know until they play and mature but you still can grade yourself based on your expectations.
I think you can speculate but I am hesitant to say someone is a steal. Then I look at a guy like JC Jackson and I can say " Yeah he's a steal:"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one of the naysayers. I am saying this was a very good draft!
as I stated, I wasn't at all disagreeing. It absolutely was a stellar draft. I shared some deeper thoughts that while some years the draft seems far less fruitful, but while any draft may be lean or plentiful, all is from the same process tree.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Duggar and JJ Taylor are under the Covid protocol.

If they've been vaccinated, they must have two negative tests within 24 hours of each other.

If they're unvaccinated, they must sit out for 10 days and test negative prior to returning.

No verification of vaccination.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Duggar and JJ Taylor are under the Covid protocol.

If they've been vaccinated, they must have two negative tests within 24 hours of each other.

If they're unvaccinated, they must sit out for 10 days and test negative prior to returning.

No verification of vaccination.
Rumors are that Kyle is vaccinated and he will keep getting tested. We could use him against Buffalo!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No absentees at today's practice.

No mention of Duggar or Taylor. They must have passed the tests.

PATRIOTS - DID NOT PARTICIPATE

No Players Listed.

LIMITED AVAILABILITY

C David Andrews, Shoulder

DL Christian Barmore, Knee

LB Ja’Whaun Bentley, Ribs

RB Brandon Bolden, Knee

OT Trent Brown, Calf

K Nick Folk, Left Knee

LB Dont’a Hightower, Ankle

WR Gunner Olszewski, Ankle