• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, JJ Taylor will be with this team.

Not sure how the PS will work this year and I'm sure that D. Keene won't be on the 53 man roster. While Bethel is great on ST, if he can't do anything else, a more productive every down player will have to in his spot, especially a WR.

There are a bunch of possibles that could happen and there are five guys that could be elsewhere: Newton, Michel, Harry, Winovich and Gilmore. The tree hasn't been shaken very hard and all of the fruit is still hanging.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. BB will figure out a way to have a spot for him even with a loaded RB stable.

I won't be shocked if something happens with Michel but I hope not. Injuries aside, he's a workhorse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how the PS will work this year and I'm sure that D. Keene won't be on the 53 man roster. While Bethel is great on ST, if he can't do anything else, a more productive every down player will have to in his spot, especially a WR.

There are a bunch of possibles that could happen and there are five guys that could be elsewhere: Newton, Michel, Harry, Winovich and Gilmore. The tree hasn't been shaken very hard and all of the fruit is still hanging.
Bolden needed to be included on this list.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than two weeks from training camp and four weeks away from the preseason. Now comes the predictions of who will be here the first weekend in September. This one is the latest from the 'Wire':

QB: (3) Newton, Jones, Stidham
RB: (5) Michel, Harris, Stevenson, White, Johnson
TE: (4) Henry, Smith, Asiasi, Keene
WR: (5) Meyers, Ahgolar, Bourne, Oszewski, Harry
OL: (8) Wynn, Owenue, Andrews, Mason, Brown, Karras, Herron, Martin

DL: (6) Godchaux, Wise, Guy, Barmore, Anderson Spence
OLB: (5) Van Noy, Judon, Uche, Winovich Perkins
ILB: (3) Hightower, Bentley, Jennings
S: (4) McCourty, Phillips, Dugger, Davis
CB: (5) Gilmore, JC Jackson, J. Jones, Mills, Bryant

ST: (5) Bailey, Folk, Cardona, Slater, Bethel
I see a spot for JJ Taylor. Don't they get an extra roster spot for keeping Johnson?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. BB will figure out a way to have a spot for him even with a loaded RB stable.

I won't be shocked if something happens with Michel but I hope not. Injuries aside, he's a workhorse.
He's a work horse, but so is Stevenson and Harris. I don't give an edge to Sony due to his record for staying off the field.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than two weeks from training camp and four weeks away from the preseason. Now comes the predictions of who will be here the first weekend in September. This one is the latest from the 'Wire':

QB: (3) Newton, Jones, Stidham
RB: (5) Michel, Harris, Stevenson, White, Johnson
TE: (4) Henry, Smith, Asiasi, Keene
WR: (5) Meyers, Ahgolar, Bourne, Oszewski, Harry
OL: (8) Wynn, Owenue, Andrews, Mason, Brown, Karras, Herron, Martin

DL: (6) Godchaux, Wise, Guy, Barmore, Anderson Spence
OLB: (5) Van Noy, Judon, Uche, Winovich Perkins
ILB: (3) Hightower, Bentley, Jennings
S: (4) McCourty, Phillips, Dugger, Davis
CB: (5) Gilmore, JC Jackson, J. Jones, Mills, Bryant

ST: (5) Bailey, Folk, Cardona, Slater, Bethel

Uhm...No Bolden???

I'm throwing the bullshit flag.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden needed to be included on this list.
Truthfully, there isn't a spot available to carry an extra special teamer. Bethel is faster and a much better tackler and I think he should be left off the 53 man. Bolden isn't worth the space.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, there isn't a spot available to carry an extra special teamer. Bethel is faster and a much better tackler and I think he should be left off the 53 man. Bolden isn't worth the space.

I don't think Bolden makes the team. But I do think Bethel will and should. Him and Slater together are awesome and when Slater retires, likely soon, Bethel can become the leader of that unit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still don't have the PS rules for this year. That will make a big difference

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet BB keeps giving him contracts???

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bolden makes the team. But I do think Bethel will and should. Him and Slater together are awesome and when Slater retires, likely soon, Bethel can become the leader of that unit.
A lot of the recent draftees can play STs as well. STs won't be a problem.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet BB keeps giving him contracts???
BB seems to create "poster children" for the Patriot way. In Bolden's case it seems he's always worked hard and has been rewarded with loyalty. As for "poster child", when it seems there's a long list of players dropped by the team in a heart beat, Bolden shows following closely to the Patriot way can have rewards.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB seems to create "poster children" for the Patriot way. In Bolden's case it seems he's always worked hard and has been rewarded with loyalty. As for "poster child", when it seems there's a long list of players dropped by the team in a heart beat, Bolden shows following closely to the Patriot way can have rewards.
BB may not be pulling every string this year. Kraft wasn't happy with all of the defections by every scout, several assistant coaches and Nick Caserio. Ziegler was brought in to make sure that Bill had a voice to listen to. Not saying that Bill doesn't have a lot of control, but keeping a Bolden over a more important positional player just isn't going to happen. As was previously said, keeping a Tre Nixon at WR and ST would make ten times more sense than Bolden on ST and the 7th RB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB may not be pulling every string this year. Kraft wasn't happy with all of the defections by every scout, several assistant coaches and Nick Caserio. Ziegler was brought in to make sure that Bill had a voice to listen to. Not saying that Bill doesn't have a lot of control, but keeping a Bolden over a more important positional player just isn't going to happen. As was previously said, keeping a Tre Nixon at WR and ST would make ten times more sense than Bolden on ST and the 7th RB.
It's my opinion most of that is just a narrative and BB has as much control as he wants. Bill is a history buff and knows no system, whether governmental, business or sports management works as a 100% dictatorship. Again he has all the control he wants within that context.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Patriotswire 7/22/2021

Justin Leger
Thu, July 22, 2021, 5:35 PM·1 min read

Report: Eight Patriots players to begin camp on PUP list originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
On Thursday, Stephon Gilmore reportedly was present at New England Patriots training camp but placed on the active/physically unable to perform list. The All-Pro cornerback is one of eight Patriots beginning camp on the PUP list, joining defensive tackle Byron Cowart, linebacker Terez Hall, tight end Dalton Keene, special teamer Brandon King, wide receiver Devin Smith, quarterback Jarrett Stidham, and outside linebacker Chase Winovich.

Players can be removed from the active/PUP list at any time. If they remain on PUP at the end of the preseason, they are placed on the reserve/PUP list and forced to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Patriots camp is set to begin July 28.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Patriotswire 7/22/2021

Justin Leger
Thu, July 22, 2021, 5:35 PM·1 min read

Report: Eight Patriots players to begin camp on PUP list originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
On Thursday, Stephon Gilmore reportedly was present at New England Patriots training camp but placed on the active/physically unable to perform list. The All-Pro cornerback is one of eight Patriots beginning camp on the PUP list, joining defensive tackle Byron Cowart, linebacker Terez Hall, tight end Dalton Keene, special teamer Brandon King, wide receiver Devin Smith, quarterback Jarrett Stidham, and outside linebacker Chase Winovich.

Players can be removed from the active/PUP list at any time. If they remain on PUP at the end of the preseason, they are placed on the reserve/PUP list and forced to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Patriots camp is set to begin July 28.

If on PUP list before camp, they can be returned to PUP list after coming back..
They cannot be put on the PUP list once they have practiced in camp. (unless they started on it before practice)
Management tool for stashing players. Does not mean they will not play.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats worked out former Steeler OT Jerald Hawkins today.