• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13

You see Sexton's stats to start the season? 25 ppg, 4 assists, 53.5% shooting on 53.8% on 3s. Early but he's looking like a serious player.

starting guards played well today but bench was just awful. Nance had typical game for him
Yeah just don’t have enough depth at this point, Love is actually pretty important to the big man depth especially today. Drummond and McGee were in foul trouble. Guards are playing great so far

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe people on here seriously doubted that KD would look exactly like this after having 18 months off. He could have probably started playing by May or June and looked like this. The additional 6 months he had left no doubt in my mind that he would exactly like the player he was prior to his injury

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe people on here seriously doubted that KD would look exactly like this after having 18 months off. He could have probably started playing by May or June and looked like this. The additional 6 months he had left no doubt in my mind that he would exactly like the player he was prior to his injury

Don't tell Wiggy, he thinks Klay is done now (even though he's 1 1/2 years younger)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, how could people ignore the long history of players coming back from a torn Achilles and being the same player. It's happened so many times in history.

Oh wait...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, how could people ignore the long history of players coming back from a torn Achilles and being the same player. It's happened so many times in history.

Oh wait...

Players typically rush back (see DeMarcus Cousins and Wes Matthews) while KD had double the time off to recover. Most NBA players who aren't old would look like how they did prior to injury if they had a year and half to recover

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players typically rush back (see DeMarcus Cousins and Wes Matthews) while KD had double the time off to recover. Most NBA players who aren't old would look like how they did prior to injury if they had a year and half to recover

In the history of the league, prior to KD, there has been one player who came back and was the same guy. That was Dominique Wilkins. So no, that's not actually true.

It's not like anyone was just making shit up when they were saying it would be tough for him to be the same guy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the history of the league, prior to KD, there has been one player who came back and was the same guy. That was Dominique Wilkins. So no, that's not actually true.

Wes Matthews came back ok as well. He just wasn't as efficient as he was prior but he still been a solid role player just as he was prior to the injury. Rudy Gay is another guy that came back from that injury and been solid (by his standards) since the injury

Age and how good you were prior matters a lot as well. I have no doubt Kobe would have returned simliar to Dominique and Durant had he not been 35 or 36 and out of his prime. I don't think people focus much on how role players play when they're back from the injury. It is the all star and superstar players with the spotlight on them.

There only seem to be 3 superstars who suffered the injury in NBA history and they're 2-3 and would be 3-3 if Kobe wasn't as old as he was when he suffered his injury.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22,9, & 6 for Wall in his first game with the Rockets.

Cousins chipped in with 8 in limited minutes off the bench.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To KD's credit he kept playing when he shouldn't have. We all know Kyrie wouldn't have.

But I always go back to Grant Hill toughing out that foot injury that ruined a superstar level career.

There is a chasm of difference between KD and a guy like Blake Griffin.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps might need to sit Siakam more often. Tearing the Knicks apart here late, look like a completely different team than the one that choked it away late in their first three games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Matthews came back ok as well. He just wasn't as efficient as he was prior but he still been a solid role player just as he was prior to the injury. Rudy Gay is another guy that came back from that injury and been solid (by his standards) since the injury

Age and how good you were prior matters a lot as well. I have no doubt Kobe would have returned simliar to Dominique and Durant had he not been 35 or 36 and out of his prime. I don't think people focus much on how role players play when they're back from the injury. It is the all star and superstar players with the spotlight on them.

There only seem to be 3 superstars who suffered the injury in NBA history and they're 2-3 and would be 3-3 if Kobe wasn't as old as he was when he suffered his injury.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with him. He averaged about 7 minutes and almost 4 points per game fewer. But his rebounds and assists actually went up a little.

The minutes decrease probably has more to do with playing on the spurs than the injury imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bit ridiculous on the NBA. Should have allowed them to play if they had all those negative test. For you guys not into the new slang, Cap means lie

“I was mad. I was hot,” Wall said. “I ain’t going to cap. I was hot. I was hot.”
“I didn’t do anything wrong,” Wall said. “All I did was get a haircut in my apartment. And one of the teammates tested positive and the next four or five tests I had all came back negative. So, I was like ‘Oh, it was me and three people can’t get a haircut.’ I’d rather get a haircut in my apartment than be in a barbershop somewhere where random people are coming in constantly. Even the barber tested negative. That was a frustrating thing.”