• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Covid. Out Sunday and next week if we win Sunday. Even with Steelers resting guys I'm pretty sure we have more guys out from projected opening day starters.

Bummer to hear that kinda news. Like I just told stakesarehigh hope Ward will be okay. As far as the game. Yeah BigBen's not playing. But still a little nervous.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the problem is that there are more teams with a real shot at coming out of the East than there are out of the West. There's also more "star power" in the West (although, now that Lebron is in the West, some have started to head East). lol

The Lakers are the prohibitive favorite to come out of the West and only the Clippers are given more than a punchers chance of taking them out.

The East has about 4 teams that could make it out and none, at the moment, that many give a real chance of beating the Lakers or Clippers in the finals.

Sure.

But the reason that there are more teams that have a chance to win the East isn’t because there are more good teams in the East. It is because there is no dominant team in the East.

Insert any of Denver, Portland, Utah etc in the East and they would be right in the mix to win it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But the reason that there are more teams that have a chance to win the East isn’t because there are more good teams in the East. It is because there is no dominant team in the East.

Insert any of Denver, Portland, Utah etc in the East and they would be right in the mix to win it.
Yeah, that seems a better way of stating it. If you removed conferences and just used teams, it would basically be the Lakers, followed by the Clippers and then about 6-8 western and eastern teams all fighting for spots 3-10.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer to hear that kinda news. Like I just told stakesarehigh hope Ward will be okay. As far as the game. Yeah BigBen's not playing. But still a little nervous.
No gimme even with all their guys out. We're missing our entire defensive backfield that was projected to start. at least 2/3rds of the LBs. wont bother me if Steelers decide to sit some skill guys (other than Ben).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

sure they would.....and Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana and the Nets probably have about the same chance to win the West as those teams. I'd say Bucks/Nets for sure.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly up 32 on Orlando
Animated GIF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they would.....and Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana and the Nets probably have about the same chance to win the West as those teams. I'd say Bucks/Nets for sure.

That’s right.

Not a very good chance though. Not nearly as good as their odds to win the East.

Because the West is stronger by a good bit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some Buddy Guy right now. Have seen him live four times. All of his shows were excellent.
It flat out doesn’t get any better. I saw him for the first time in 1985 and I’ve lost track how many times since. Possibly the most underrated guitar player out there, man he can play even at his age.