• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take to clear Covid protocol, if he truly has it? 10 days or 2 weeks? The series could start as soon as Sunday.
I have no idea how it works now, but he does have a positive test

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

As in why Cleveland should have gone all in to keep LeBron even without commitment from him.

Because he is that guy.

And a 5% chance of keeping that guy is more valuable than Colin Sexton, Garland, etc.

Because those guys aren’t getting you anywhere.

That is what I was explaining to you.
thank goodness no one on the Cavs had idiocy like this

this is when you said the Cavs should basically just trade Garland, Sexton, etc. for more picks for a 5% chance of getting a high impact guy

at this time Garland was 20 years old.

Looks good huh?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who the trade partner is obviously. But it doesn’t have to be a single asset.

Garland doesn’t land you Beal and you know it. Your suggestion was total garbage.
Wiz would trade Beal for Garland in a millisecond--- less than a year after this post. Total Garbage though.

hmmm hmmm hmmm

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the best Beal trade I have seen:

GS trades Wiseman, Oubre, Pool and Minnesota pick

For Beal

And yes, @dtgold88, Wiseman definitely has more value than Garland, and the Minny pick is probably pretty comparable too.
Wiseman for value than Garland

i tried to tell you man.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank goodness no one on the Cavs had idiocy like this

this is when you said the Cavs should basically just trade Garland, Sexton, etc. for more picks for a 5% chance of getting a high impact guy

at this time Garland was 20 years old.

Looks good huh?

LOL at how butt hurt you are pulling up old comments.

Yes, I was wrong on Garland’s future value.

You know what I am not wrong about though?

The Cavs, despite this very promising young core are STILL highly unlikely to win a championship.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz would trade Beal for Garland in a millisecond--- less than a year after this post. Total Garbage though.

hmmm hmmm hmmm

It was garbage when this post was made.

Values have changed a lot. Post was made on trade value at the time.

Wizards would have never made that deal last year.

This year?

It is Cleveland who wouldn’t make it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs, despite this very promising young core are STILL highly unlikely to win a championship.
I mean Garland has surprised a lot this year so most Cavs fans are surprised by his big jump. Right now with how young this core is it is hard to say, “highly unlikely” could be said for 90-95% of the league. The thing is they have their young core, possibly two stars and once Love is off the books in two years they should have flexiblity possibly with Love off the books. Plus some valuable 2nd’s which coupd be useful to acquire role players for future years and rentals. They are in a good place, better than most with how young their team is imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Garland has surprised a lot this year so most Cavs fans are surprised by his big jump. Right now with how young this core is it is hard to say, “highly unlikely” could be said for 90-95% of the league. The thing is they have their young core, possibly two stars and once Love is off the books in two years they should have flexiblity possibly with Love off the books. Plus some valuable 2nd’s which coupd be useful to acquire role players for future years and rentals. They are in a good place, better than most with how young their team is imo

For sure they are in a very good place. And far ahead of where anyone reasonably expected they would be.

My point is that I would still bet against any young core in a non-destination market to win a title, because it is really hard to do that.

And Wiggy is so pathetic.

Dude literally bookmarks my posts so he can come back years later when I do get something wrong.

Pretty funny.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really liking the Cavs rebuild. It seems like things are all blooming at the same time for them. Here’s my ranking of impact:
1. Finding Mobley - he looks like a generational talent
2. Garland growth
3. Jarrett Allen looking like a solid above average center
4. Markkinen acquisition
5. Love finding a role

They still have the chance for other things to come their way:
1. Sign and trade piece with Sexton
2. Growth of Okoro - still think he has more growth coming
3. As you noted, K Love eventually clearing cap space when he comes off the books.

Cavs have a nice future. Despite having Joel Embiid, I’d trade the Sixers situation right now for the Cavs and ride that for the next 5 years.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me.

I told y'all he was that Dude.

But, I was hella wrong about Love and Sexton.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z
I’m really liking the Cavs rebuild. It seems like things are all blooming at the same time for them. Here’s my ranking of impact:
2. Garland growth
4. Markkinen acquisition
5. Love finding a role

3. As you noted, K Love eventually clearing cap space when he comes off the books.

Cavs have a nice future. Despite having Joel Embiid, I’d trade the Sixers situation right now for the Cavs and ride that for the next 5 years.
I still thinking depending on what happens with Simmons the 76ers future is still bright…top 5.

I mean you have: Suns, Grizz, Cavs, Bucks, Chicago, Toronto possibly…76ers are right there bc they have a superstar

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were just very wrong. Own it. No reason to try and throw shade on the Cavs again, as it didn't work so well last time for ya.

Some just never learn.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was garbage when this post was made.

Values have changed a lot. Post was made on trade value at the time.

Wizards would have never made that deal last year.

This year?

It is Cleveland who wouldn’t make it.
Unless the Wiz noticed Garland took a huge jump in year 2 from year 1 and thought another might come as he was still only 20 years old? also playing on a rookie deal still.

agree now it's the Cavs who wouldn't make it.

Have to say I'm one who will almost always say no one is untouchable. I do hear some Cavs fans in other forums (maybe here, but haven't seen it) who say Garland, Allen and Mobley are untouchable.

Grizz call and offer Morant for Garland and I'm sure the Cavs are listening. Embiid for Allen and I doubt we are hanging up. Mobley, though? Might be as close to untouchable as I've seen here for anyone not named Lebron. Still 3 more years on his rookie deal and likely just gets better and better. The kid will get DPOY votes and could make all defense team....unheard of for a rookie since Duncan, I believe.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure they are in a very good place. And far ahead of where anyone reasonably expected they would be.

My point is that I would still bet against any young core in a non-destination market to win a title, because it is really hard to do that.

And Wiggy is so pathetic.

Dude literally bookmarks my posts so he can come back years later when I do get something wrong.

Pretty funny.
I mean, look how he gets ripped for things he said years ago. And, like this one by you, it's often many agreed "at the time" but doesn't stop some from going after him.

Like, for instance, when he said Miami would go down round 1 a couple years ago and even Miami fans likely agreed.

Own it (as you did) but no need to throw shade at the Cavs with a "but they wont win a title". I wouldn't bet on it this season and, yes, before this season thought I'd never see one again. Still wont be easy as it's not for anyone in a market like ours as you said but that's because they cannot lure a FA from somewhere else. Possible we wont need to.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Wiz noticed Garland took a huge jump in year 2 from year 1 and thought another might come as he was still only 20 years old? also playing on a rookie deal still.

agree now it's the Cavs who wouldn't make it.

Have to say I'm one who will almost always say no one is untouchable. I do hear some Cavs fans in other forums (maybe here, but haven't seen it) who say Garland, Allen and Mobley are untouchable.

Grizz call and offer Morant for Garland and I'm sure the Cavs are listening. Embiid for Allen and I doubt we are hanging up. Mobley, though? Might be as close to untouchable as I've seen here for anyone not named Lebron. Still 3 more years on his rookie deal and likely just gets better and better. The kid will get DPOY votes and could make all defense team....unheard of for a rookie since Duncan, I believe.
Mobley and Garland are untouchables imo but even like you said unrealistic deals they would make. Allen is said to be the same bc of the chemistry this group has. Garland already has amazing chemistry with the twin towers which is amazing

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Garland growth
4. Markkinen acquisition
5. Love finding a role

Agree with first 3, though might soon be calling Allen an all star center (at worst borderline....and, no, I didn't see that coming).

My feeling is the Cavs would put Okoro somewhere in the first 5 as they likely already see him as an elite level defender. His offense has been improving but still up and down.....he definitely needs to be more aggressive going to the hoop. No doubt has more growth coming as still only 20-21. Started off slow this year but has just been getting better and better.

As for Sexton? I just don't know. He still might belong in the group of the first 5 somewhere, not to diminish the role for Love that has been found. There are definitely times Garland needs someone else in the backcourt who can take pressure off him with Rubio gone, too (maybe he comes back if not dealt?). For sure it's a strong possibility they keep Okoro as a starter either way.

As for LM? Great pickup, and tall lineup has certainly worked better than expected. while they do seem married to it, I could also see them going back to a traditional lineup if they found a SF worthy of being a starter over LM.

As or your situation agree ours might look brighter but Philly still hanging around and would think at some point they add assets for Simmons.