• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's debacle, not long before we say the same about Budenholzer.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. At this point, it would probably take winning the title for him to save it. How do you have a DPOY candidate like Giannis and you never bother to try Giannis on him? Or maybe double of off Harden who clearly wasn't close to 100%?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd have to agree. At this point, it would probably take winning the title for him to save it. How do you have a DPOY candidate like Giannis and you never bother to try Giannis on him? Or maybe double of off Harden who clearly wasn't close to 100%?

Didn't challenge hobbled Harden defensively, didn't double Durant, etc. Never makes adjustments during a game. It's like they assumed the Nets would keep shooting as badly as they started.

Game should've started with isolating Harden defensively as much as possible to test that hammy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes pride kicks in as well as a defender. All of the all time greats, when a guy is going off like that, will take their shots at trying to stop him. While technically this is 100% Buds' fault since he's the coach with the main job of making the adjustment, some of this is on Giannis too. Do you think Jordan or Kobe are not demanding a shot at guarding KD if he's going off like that and nothing else is working? Giannis deserves some blame for not demanding a shot at slowing him down given how the game was going.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes pride kicks in as well as a defender. All of the all time greats, when a guy is going off like that, will take their shots at trying to stop him. While technically this is 100% Buds' fault since he's the coach with the main job of making the adjustment, some of this is on Giannis too. Do you think Jordan or Kobe are not demanding a shot at guarding KD if he's going off like that and nothing else is working? Giannis deserves some blame for not demanding a shot at slowing him down given how the game was going.

I think it's pretty clear Giannis is of a different mindset than Jordan or Kobe.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty clear Giannis is of a different mindset than Jordan or Kobe.

Yeah of course, which is why I put some blame on him. At some point you want guys who are willing to take the challenge.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah of course, which is why I put some blame on him. At some point you want guys who are willing to take the challenge.

Right, but that doesn't take the pressure off the head coach, as he has to know his players and what he has to do to direct them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but that doesn't take the pressure off the head coach, as he has to know his players and what he has to do to direct them.

The flip side of that, and it doesn't reflect well on Giannis, is that Budenholzer does know Giannis and figured he wouldn't handle it well?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flip side of that, and it doesn't reflect well on Giannis, is that Budenholzer does know Giannis and figured he wouldn't handle it well?

Well, at that point we need to downgrade Giannis from his perennial NBA all-defense team consideration IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that he was worried about fouls and workload.

Giannis had first half foul trouble and I think he played almost the entire 2nd half.

Not saying I agree with the decision, but that is probably what Bud was thinking.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this is like the movie space jam. The MONstars taking all the elite players.

Pg - C Paul
SG - Kyrie
Sf - Harden
Pf - Kawhi
C - Embiid

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he was worried about fouls and workload.

Giannis had first half foul trouble and I think he played almost the entire 2nd half.

Not saying I agree with the decision, but that is probably what Bud was thinking.
Yeah, I can see that. But you still have to try it at least for a couple of possessions to see if he can disrupt KD's flow a little. Or a hard double team off of The Beard to force the ball out of KD's hands.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say if he was showing symptoms? All I've seen so far is that he's in the protocols. From what I read, it looks like if it's just contact tracing, it would likely be a short amount of time under the adjusted protocols. But if he's showing symptoms, the old protocols apply and he could be out for awhile.
He has Covid.