• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think I was wrong about these phantom injuries, better known as load mgmt, is not having an negative impact on teams in PS play?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some were former players.....they would lose their jobs by being critical of another team they never played for? I mean, the guys on TNT are mostly former players. Do they hold back on air?

Idea the cavs should be so much further ahead than where they are is just absurd, especially considering where they drafted. Look at all the love the Suns are getting (and it's deserved). They are in year 7 of their rebuild. In year 3? They went 21-61. How about 4..must have improved, right? Nope. 19-63. They've also had a #1 pick to aid them.

a lot of talk about moving Sexton and I'm certainly not opposed since he's not an untouchable type. But shouldn't the Cavs be looking for a player who can go for 24+ ppg, shoot 47-48% and 37-38% from 3 while adding 4+ apg instead of dealing that player?

way I see it is really the only way the Cavs become relevant again might be hitting in the next draft. And why not add him to the current core of Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Allen (all 20-23) and Nance? Say what ya will about Gilbert but he has an obscene will to win and wants to show he can win without Lebron. If they can play I could see him paying them all to stay. and not like a FA is coming here if we free up money.

I'm not sure how much that "obscene" will to win matters if he can't get the right free agents to take his money, although I suppose it makes him more likely to extend his players. Like I said, I don't think they've made any glaring mistakes in the draft for quite a while now. Selling out for Lebron is always a tough situation to be in, and you can see where the Lakers are this year in terms of depth vs a team like the Suns. I imagine recovering once Lebron moves on (retires most likely) will be tough unless the Lakers can time that with a good free agent offseason.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true.....but as you seem to agree, why would anyone (especially a player or former player) accuse the Cavs of anything other than doing right by Drummond?

The long term benching until they finally cut him loose can be tough for a player to take.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think I was wrong about these phantom injuries, better known as load mgmt, is not having an negative impact on teams in PS play?
If you're talking about the Lakers, you're 100% wrong; they weren't phantoms. The Lakers injury issues a result of wear and tear (very short offseason into a compressed regular season, Lebron's ridiculous string of finals runs and age) and proclivity for injury (AD).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about the Lakers, you're 100% wrong; they weren't phantoms. The Lakers injury issues a result of wear and tear (very short offseason into a compressed regular season, Lebron's ridiculous string of finals runs and age) and proclivity for injury (AD).
There's no way Pasta knows what 'proclivity' means

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett's a stud....though I guess didn't look like it last season.

He hasn't stood out to me in the postseason. I haven't watched the entire series, but a good chunk of each game at least. For a top 3 pick, I want to see a little more I guess, especially with the Dukie hype on these kids.

Speaking of which, just saw that Coach K is retiring after this coming season....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't stood out to me in the postseason. I haven't watched the entire series, but a good chunk of each game at least. For a top 3 pick, I want to see a little more I guess, especially with the Dukie hype on these kids.

Speaking of which, just saw that Coach K is retiring after this coming season....
I'd say a stud is fair...not a star, though. Sure you want that of a top 3 pick but it's not like it seems like they whiffed on the pick.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes , and no I’m not...

sit out so long and to think you’re gonna be ready for PS play is simply arrogant.

lol , at Lebron dunkin, hanging on rim, look like he was goin to do a Simone Beal back flip finish off the horse, coming down to floor spread eagle and that’s what you do comin off a high ankle sprain , lol. Yea ahaaa !

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone who is really standing out is bullock...

Like waitin for a cab, New Year’s Eve , in the rain

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a stud is fair...not a star, though. Sure you want that of a top 3 pick but it's not like it seems like they whiffed on the pick.
Barret is no stud !

a player who will do well in
The league , yes. Stud?

what makes him a stud? Inconsistency?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes , and no I’m not...

sit out so long and to think you’re gonna be ready for PS play is simply arrogant.

lol , at Lebron dunkin, hanging on rim, look like he was goin to do a Simone Beal back flip finish off the horse, coming down to floor spread eagle and that’s what you do comin off a high ankle sprain , lol. Yea ahaaa !

When you rest long enough to be healed and ready for the playoffs? Yes, that is what you do. Besides, holding onto the rim was so that he had a clear landing area, you know...so he doesn't turn another ankle? Although, the original sprain was from a defender falling/diving into his legs; can't control that.