• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1622427388896.png
You're so easy LOL

Stings don't it? Never ever again. Never. 1 little title.
I am so easy. out of nowhere you talk about the CAvs across multiple threads. they spend QUITE a bit of time in your head obviously.

wonder why?

probably because i own you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 271979

I am so easy. out of nowhere you talk about the CAvs across multiple threads. they spend QUITE a bit of time in your head obviously.

wonder why?

probably because i own you.
You're easy to troll because you're not stupid. You know I'm right. Never again.

Browns might win one. Indians might win one. Cavs never again, and you know it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its true to a certain extent.

They dont know if they want to keep Koby Altman. Its why they put off his press conference for 2 weeks after the season.

I am 60/40 on keeping Altman. I think he could have done better- and his first Irving trade was not great- but he was the youngest GM in the league.

I give the Cavs credit for being one of the few teams in the league that has an African American as a GM and to give him a chance. and I think condiering where they drafted and the strength of the drafts- that getting Sexton at 8, Garland and Okoro at 5- that he has drafted pretty well. The Allen trade was well done.

but is he the guy that can take this from a collection of young guys into an actual contender. I am not so sure.
I mean, really the only we can be an actual contender is to get some lottery luck again and pick in the top 3 (maybe 5). If he can do well picking 8, 5 and 5, I'd take my chances he could hit in the top 3. Or top 5 again). I guess jury still out on Okoro but would be shocked if he's not at least a solid rotational player for a long time.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're easy to troll because you're not stupid. You know I'm right. Never again.

Careful, or he'll put you on ignore. It's kinda how the guy rolls...

Wouldn't wanna lose your toy, wouldja...?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft will be interesting for them bc there are so many great guards. Not a great franchise and Altman was a gamble? But what did everyone expect after Kyrie forced his way out and Lebron left…lets just hope they don’t go into a long-term rebuild like a lot of franchises.
Right...some of these teams getting so much love you'd think people forgot how long it took to get to this point. Suns went 11 years in between playoff appearances. To be fair they did go 48-34 in the middle and missed playoffs, but they started over again and it was 7 years since that seasons. They went 21-61 in year 3 (Cavs 22-50) and 19-63 in year 4. They also got a #1 pick.

This is year 4 for Atlanta. They also got a top 3 pick (passed on Doncic and took Young). Bulls will enter year 5 since they last made playoffs next season. This is year 8 for NY.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...some of these teams getting so much love you'd think people forgot how long it took to get to this point. Suns went 11 years in between playoff appearances. To be fair they did go 48-34 in the middle and missed playoffs, but they started over again and it was 7 years since that seasons. They went 21-61 in year 3 (Cavs 22-50) and 19-63 in year 4. They also got a #1 pick.

This is year 4 for Atlanta. They also got a top 3 pick (passed on Doncic and took Young). Bulls will enter year 5 since they last made playoffs next season. This is year 8 for NY.

I thought Doncic & Young were traded for each other on draft day? :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Has he made a couple of mistakes? Sure. But, as you point out, he's young. Also, I can't think of any egregious mistakes. I don't think there have been any..."What the hell was he thinking?" moments.

I don't think any of his draft picks have been a "reach". Seems like they were drafted right around where they were projected.

He hasn't really done anything that would show that he's the guy who can take them to contending status...but he certainly hasn't done anything to show he isn't either.

He could really make himself look good if he can figure out a way to get Love off the books.
I think you nailed this. Started with no cap room and not a FA city anyway so best way to improve is the draft and hard to say he messed up any picks. Maybe even nailed it with Sexton and Garland based on where he picked. Only possible what the hell is he doing move was Love and 2 things there....first, might have been Gilbert's doing, as well. Second, even if they let him walk they are likely still way over the cap. Not that a FA is coming anyway. So hard to see how we could know that set them back. Maybe they could have dealt him, sure, but who know what they'd have gotten.

For the Cavs if ever to be a contender again in the East all comes down to the lottery combos. No matter who they get, I don't think they'll have this good a chance at a top pick for a while. They should be fringe playoff team no matter what I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right--- after years of "winning now"- and the market- it was always going to be a long rebuild

even if they get a top 3 pick they still need a couple years for the guys to develop and sort everything out.

the base is getting there though. I just dont want to be the Kings were you are wallowing or Twolves- where you are wallowing in shit forever.

Honestly- if they get #2 or #3- id trade Sexton.

draft Suggs- and have him and Garland in the back court and Okoro at the 3 and go from there. Thats a nice base. But who knows- we shall see.

If they get #1- obviously take Cunningham and he plays on the wing and you are in good shape. If you get #2 id take Suggs and move Sexton if you can get something thats intriguing.
Sexton definitely not untouchable but seems like a guy who can go for 24+, hit 47-48% of his shots, 37-38% from 3 AND dish out 4+ is what we want, not what we should throw away.

I'd only move him if it means moving into top 5 (and even then can we be sure we'll get close to that production), an extra high pick and/or a young, talented wing (preferably SF).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that- but at the end of the day- who the fuck really knows what Altman did and did not do? Anything might be Gilbert or nothing might be Gilbert. Its impossible to tell. We KNOW that the Irving trade was largely Gilbert.
I'd say more likely signing Love was largely Gilbert than what they got for Kyrie. Unless you mean Gilbert demanded they move him. I think moving him was the right move as was known he'd miss time (but didn't know when).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, for me at least, guess it's a good thing we got 1 I never thought I'd see......and if we are talking future I'd rather see those teams win one than the Cavs. Or OSU football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Doncic & Young were traded for each other on draft day? :noidea:
Yeah...that's what it means when I said they had a top 3 pick, passed on Doncic and traded the pick for the 5th pick/Young.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for me at least, guess it's a good thing we got 1 I never thought I'd see......and if we are talking future I'd rather see those teams win one than the Cavs. Or OSU football.
Well sure, if I was a Cleveland sports fan I'd want to see those guys win more too. Gotta give you guys credit for staying loyal to such shitty franchises. Or in the case of the Indians, really unlucky.

But this is the NBA board and Wiggy is a great trolling target and I have the trump card...because we all know the Cavs will never win again, so all his posts about the Cavs and the minutiae of their rebuild and their owner's deep pockets are in vain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, if I was a Cleveland sports fan I'd want to see those guys win more too. Gotta give you guys credit for staying loyal to such shitty franchises. Or in the case of the Indians, really unlucky.

But this is the NBA board and Wiggy is a great trolling target and I have the trump card...because we all know the Cavs will never win again, so all his posts about the Cavs and the minutiae of their rebuild and their owner's deep pockets are in vain.
k

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3