• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the Clippers not wanting to play the Lakers in the first round. I didn't want the Lakers playing them in the first round either.

But, they may have outsmarted themselves because if I were any of the top seeds, I'd want the Lakers in the first round.

Lebron and AD may still have a little rust on them, they will still be getting used to playing with Drummond and everyone will be adjusting to changes in the rotation and minutes. If they can stay healthy, the Lakers should have all of that figured out by the 2nd round and be hitting their stride.

It would suck to be eliminated in the 1st round, but it would also be the best opportunity to beat them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Clippers not wanting to play the Lakers in the first round. I didn't want the Lakers playing them in the first round either.

But, they may have outsmarted themselves because if I were any of the top seeds, I'd want the Lakers in the first round.

Lebron and AD may still have a little rust on them, they will still be getting used to playing with Drummond and everyone will be adjusting to changes in the rotation and minutes. If they can stay healthy, the Lakers should have all of that figured out by the 2nd round and be hitting their stride.

It would suck to be eliminated in the 1st round, but it would also be the best opportunity to beat them.
What's weird is neither LA team wanted to face the other. They're both scared?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad thing is they didn't have to do all of this to avoid the Lakers in round 1. They were never going to catch the Jazz/Suns for 2nd and it became clear a week or 2 ago that the Lakers would likely land in a play-in spot so they could have went after the 3 seed without embarrassing themselves. By doing this they probably made their own road to the finals harder. I would rather play the Lakers in round 2 w/HCA instead of the Jazz w/out HCA in round 2.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weird is neither LA team wanted to face the other. They're both scared?

Why do you think the Lakers didn't want to face the Clippers? There's nothing that suggest that. They had no control over Lebron injury. Lakers were not running away from the Clippers by any stretch. They watched Lebron play in his first 2 games back and decided his ankle wasn't healed as much as they thought and told him to sit out two weeks.

Lebron James isn't running from the Clippers.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think the Lakers didn't want to face the Clippers? There's nothing that suggest that. They had no control over Lebron injury. Lakers were not running away from the Clippers by any stretch. They watched Lebron play in his first 2 games back and decided his ankle wasn't healed as much as they thought and told him to sit out two weeks.

That's fair

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was told LeBron was obviously faking his injury so he could rest and still get paid. Clearly he wanted the added challenge of the play in game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens to the bucks if they're eliminated by Miami?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens to the bucks if they're eliminated by Miami?
I think this is fish or cut bait. Either Giannis asks for a trade or Bucks front office blows it up and swaps the spare parts. Budenholzer wouldn’t survive either way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is fish or cut bait. Either Giannis asks for a trade or Bucks front office blows it up and swaps the spare parts. Budenholzer wouldn’t survive either way.

Yea bud would be gone but curious about what they would do with the roster. No way can you run it back if that was to happen

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea bud would be gone but curious about what they would do with the roster. No way can you run it back if that was to happen
I agree. Internally they would be scratching their heads. Giannis is a great player but how do you build around him? The conventional wisdom is playing out now with the idea that you build a roster with shooting around him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Internally they would be scratching their heads. Giannis is a great player but how do you build around him? The conventional wisdom is playing out now with the idea that you build a roster with shooting around him.

It's probably the best they can do. Spare player here or there is about all they can do.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the best they can do. Spare player here or there is about all they can do.
I think adding Holiday was an under the radar great move. The playoffs are an entirely different animal from regular season. I personally don’t see them losing to Miami. I also think they beat the Nets and could win the East.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think adding Holiday was an under the radar great move. The playoffs are an entirely different animal from regular season. I personally don’t see them losing to Miami. I also think they beat the Nets and could win the East.

It's up to whether Khris and Jrue can hit their shots and get hot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to whether Khris and Jrue can hit their shots and get hot.
Middleton is the guy that needs to step up. If it doesn’t work out, he’s the piece that can and will be moved.