• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be this season for Boston unless somebody was out. :D

If all goes well, Fournier is gonna be key for this team in terms of the consistent bench scoring he represents.

Nobody is gonna want to face a healthy Celtics team in the playoffs.
I for one, would love for the Sixers to see the Celtics in the playoffs. It’s likely the best matchup for Embiid among all the East playoff teams and Philly owes Boston some pay back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just waiting for the next stretch where they lose 4 of 5

Haven't most of their issues been health related though?

Without those, I doubt they have that much of Jekyll and Hyde feeling to their season.

It's like if you say the Lakers are 5-5 over their last 10 games, you'd think "What's wrong with the Lakers?"

But when you say "The Lakers are 5-5 over their last 10 games without Lebron and AD"...that changes the perspective a bit.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, would love for the Sixers to see the Celtics in the playoffs. It’s likely the best matchup for Embiid among all the East playoff teams and Philly owes Boston some pay back.
I agree that it would be a fun match-up... two teams that have a history with each other and who both have a lot at stake.

Embiid *should* be the best player on the floor in such a pairing...

... but that, of course, has been true each time our teams have met in the playoffs in the recent past... and that fact hasn't profited the 76ers very much.

I will say that Embiid appears to be playing the best basketball of his career... so there is good reason for '6ers fans to hope that the future won't resemble the past.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Sixers would probably prefer to play the Celtics. They don't have an answer for Embiid.
The Celtics haven't had an answer for Embiid (on paper) any time that Boston has ever faced an Embiid-led '6ers team in the playoffs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets should just trade Irving to the highest bidder in the offseason.

KD and Harden is a great 1-2 punch.....and Dinwiddie can be the #3 option next season plus they have fine role players in Harris (capable of being the co-#3 with Dinwiddie), Green, BG and Aldridge (if they decide to re-sign), Claxton, Jordan, and Shamet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics haven't had an answer for Embiid (on paper) any time that Boston has ever faced an Embiid-led '6ers team in the playoffs.

They had guys they could throw at him. And Embiid wasn't nearly as aggressive at the post as he has been this season. You guys don't have anyone that can top him this year. Time lord tried and fouled out in 14 minutes.

But, hey, keep the dream alive.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet all it is is stuff going on in the world. This dude is not working with anything close to a full deck.

It certainly seems possible. That was his reason for trying to undermine the bubble season.

And if that is his reason, that's fine. Go do that. Stop messing with your teammates and fans by being in and out of the lineup all the time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly seems possible. That was his reason for trying to undermine the bubble season.

And if that is his reason, that's fine. Go do that. Stop messing with your teammates and fans by being in and out of the lineup all the time.

Drama queen gonna drama queen.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had guys they could throw at him...
Same as this season. The C's have never had "good" options for containing Embiid.
And Embiid wasn't nearly as aggressive at the post as he has been this season.
^ This is true. As I said, Embiid is playing the best basketball of his career.

I distinctly remember talking about this very issue with you in the past... that if Embiid would just dedicate himself to dominating in the post, he might be unstoppable... but he never seems to fully dedicate himself to dominating in the post, and therefore lets the opposition off the hook.

The playoffs are gonna be what matters... we'll see if Embiid's mind and body (conditioning has been an issue for him in the past) can pair up and consistently do the work. Teams are gonna try to wear him down and break his will when the real season begins.

Having a better NBA coach definitely helps the '6ers... I don't think it's an accident that Embiid is finally planting himself more consistently in the post under Rivers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a better NBA coach definitely helps the '6ers... I don't think it's an accident that Embiid is finally planting himself more consistently in the post under Rivers.

I wasn't a huge fan of hiring Doc but there is no question, in my mind, that this team is more focused and doesn't seem to be singularly obsessed with DHOs.