• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said that?

I get you are jaded with his play but again....Dre was the second best player in several playoff teams. Were they good? No... not really but they could never stay healthy (or want to stay healthy ahem reggie Jackson)

You aren't making the playoffs with Mcgee as your 2.

If Dre would just fucking play within himself he would be an asset.

Again, this 47 percent is an aberration rather than a rule

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this become a comparison between the Sixers and Cavs?

You talked about the current Cavs roster and I asked a question. Where did I say anything about being like the Sixers or that the Sixers were better at something?

The Cavs had 3 No. 1 overall picks in 4 years. They have had 4 No 1 picks in the last 20 years. No other team has had more than 2 and only 1 team had 2 and they traded up to do it.
I'll answer your question...You wondered why they are just mediocre and I pointed out it's only year 3 of their rebuild while it took LA 7 years, NY is in year 8 and Philly 6 to make the playoffs. And, yes, pointed out Philly was aided with a couple #1 picks in their rebuild while the Cavs never picked above 5th.

Guess what I'm wondering is how are the Cavs previous #1 picks not with team supposed to have helped in their current rebuild (and don't forget they got a title and 4 other Finals' trips out of those #1s)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you are jaded with his play but again....Dre was the second best player in several playoff teams. Were they good? No... not really but they could never stay healthy (or want to stay healthy ahem reggie Jackson)

You aren't making the playoffs with Mcgee as your 2.

If Dre would just fucking play within himself he would be an asset.

Again, this 47 percent is an aberration rather than a rule
why can't they make playoffs with McGee as their #2 center with the right starters? GS and LA won titles with him.

You really don't think if they nail a high lottery pick, added him to Garland, Sexton, Nance/Love and Allen in the starting lineup (with McGee at backup center) they couldn't even make the playoffs?

Never said they could win because of McGee or that he's more talented than Dre....and even if Dre can make, say, 52% of his shots as often as he likes to shoot and from as close as he does he needs to make more. McGee made over 60% of his shots on goot teams the last 4 years and accepts his role.

Agree if Dre does he can be a nice asset.....I just have doubts he can.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't they make playoffs with McGee as their #2 center with the right starters? GS and LA won titles with him.

You really don't think if they nail a high lottery pick, added him to Garland, Sexton, Nance/Love and Allen in the starting lineup (with McGee at backup center) they couldn't even make the playoffs?

Never said they could win because of McGee or that he's more talented than Dre.

Number 2 player lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 2 player lol
who was GS' #2 center? Someone I'm forgetting? Or are you just saying that lineup cannot win with him as the backup (I get you like to avoid direct questions, but help me out)?

Would that lineup make playoffs in your opinion?
a) yes
b) no

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll answer your question...You wondered why they are just mediocre and I pointed out it's only year 3 of their rebuild while it took LA 7 years, NY is in year 8 and Philly 6 to make the playoffs. And, yes, pointed out Philly was aided with a couple #1 picks in their rebuild while the Cavs never picked above 5th.

Guess what I'm wondering is how are the Cavs previous #1 picks not with team supposed to have helped in their current rebuild (and don't forget they got a title and 4 other Finals' trips out of those #1s)?

I literally said nothing about where the Cavs should or should not be. Wiggy made a post talking about great all these young players were on the Cavs and I asked why they are still a mediocre team.

There is no "timetable" for a rebuild. Some teams get lucky and rebuild quickly. Most teams tend to just cycle through rebuild after rebuild. As the Cavs would have done had Lebron not come back. As the Magic have just restarted.

The Sixer got lucky. The Lakers got even luckier that the best player in the world wanted to come to the Lakers. The Knicks have spent 8 years to get to early playoff exist status. Unless a team hits on an MVP caliber player, they are doomed to obscurity.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who was GS' #2 center? Someone I'm forgetting? Or are you just saying that lineup cannot win with him as the backup (I get you like to avoid direct questions, but help me out)?

Would that lineup make playoffs in your opinion?
a) yes
b) no

Dt...i said Dre was the second best player on the Pistons lol

So lets take this lineup

Pg reggie
Sg KCP
SF Tobias
PF morris
C Dre

Does this team make the playoffs with Jevale flipping Mcgee lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally said nothing about where the Cavs should or should not be. Wiggy made a post talking about great all these young players were on the Cavs and I asked why they are still a mediocre team.

There is no "timetable" for a rebuild. Some teams get lucky and rebuild quickly. Most teams tend to just cycle through rebuild after rebuild. As the Cavs would have done had Lebron not come back. As the Magic have just restarted.

The Sixer got lucky. The Lakers got even luckier that the best player in the world wanted to come to the Lakers. The Knicks have spent 8 years to get to early playoff exist status. Unless a team hits on an MVP caliber player, they are doomed to obscurity.
Yeah. I said that. It's even in the comment to which you replied. Are you just messing with me? You asked why Cavs are mediocre and I explained why.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dt...i said Dre was the second best player on the Pistons lol

So lets take this lineup

Pg reggie
Sg KCP
SF Tobias
PF morris
C Dre

Does this team make the playoffs with Jevale flipping Mcgee lol
Uh...OK, but not sure of the relevance with Detroit. You said - to me - "YOU are not making the playoffs with Javale as your #2"

Stands to reason you were talking about the Cavs and would hope a future team as I think I've made it clear for a while THIS Cavs team was not going to the playoffs. Not sure why you'd have said YO are not making the playoffs and been talking about Detroit.

But this team with a stud from the next draft and McGee as #2 center makes the playoffs IMO. all I'm sayin'.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...OK, but not sure of the relevance with Detroit. You said - to me - "YOU are not making the playoffs with Javale as your #2"

Stands to reason you were talking about the Cavs and would hope a future team as I think I've made it clear for a while THIS Cavs team was not going to the playoffs. Not sure why you'd have said YO are not making the playoffs and been talking about Detroit.

But this team with a stud from the next draft and McGee as #2 center makes the playoffs IMO. all I'm sayin'.

You as in any team. You arent literally on the Cavs dt lol

I wasnt thinking about the Cavs in the least. Just Dre versus Mcgee

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better when it beats your team and they are better off with the loss.

One hell of a pass, too.

I finally watched that final play. The pass was more impressive than the shot. It was a bullet. How many times have we seen that kind of play and the pass doesn't even get completed? Usually, the ball gets knocked away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You as in any team. You arent literally on the Cavs dt lol

I wasnt thinking about the Cavs in the least. Just Dre versus Mcgee
OK, but you said you aren't making the playoffs with McGee as your #2 which is absurd unless I misunderstood. If you meant No. 2 player overall no disagreement from me (and sounds like that's what you meant)

But not sure why it matters.....I'm only saying I prefer him as my backup C to Drummond as I'm not sure how Drummond handles a far lesser role where I know McGee will do what's asked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched that final play. The pass was more impressive than the shot. It was a bullet. How many times have we seen that kind of play and the pass doesn't even get completed? Usually, the ball gets knocked away.
Totally agree. Shot was nice but, wow, what a throw.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you said you aren't making the playoffs with McGee as your #2 which is absurd unless I misunderstood. If you meant No. 2 player overall no disagreement from me (and sounds like that's what you meant)

But not sure why it matters.....I'm only saying I prefer him as my backup C to Drummond as I'm not sure how Drummond handles a far lesser role where I know McGee will do what's asked.

This will be tbe 3rd time i said number two overall and the very first paragraph i typed said "again....Dre was the second best player on several playoff teams"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be tbe 3rd time i said number two overall and the very first paragraph i typed said "again....Dre was the second best player on several playoff teams"
And why I said I misunderstood.

still doesn't change my comment that I prefer McGee as a backup center to Dre.....until I see that Dre can accept the role they need him for. why I'm not sure why being the #2 overall player on a playoff team I don't believe ever won a playoff game matters in the discussion.