• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add some major improvement in their commitment to defense. They’ve grown in that area this year.
def.....

and i mean- Garland and Sexton were like 19-20 years old when drafted. It always takes more time on the defensive end and for guys to develop physically.

the coach is a lot better in Bickerstaff. Okoro has been defending the opposing teams best perimeter player and while he has had nights where he has gotten scorched hes also hung in there and fought and had some good games defensively. At his age thats all you want to see.

they need a talented wing to try and bring the roster together. Kuminga or Suggs would be excellent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Bruins and Trojans to win today.

Hey congrats to your Bruins advancing to the Eltie 8. Mick Cronin > Steve Alford.

And wait, what, huh!?!?!? A UCLA fan liking that their bitter rivals advanced? You'll never see an Ohio State fan do something like that for that community college in ann arbor. :heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bad team. If he's having 20-20 games with the Lakers, something is wrong. Especially after Lebron and AD get back. If he can average about 10-12 points and 8-12 rebounds per game along with good defense, that will be plenty.
also, Gasol finally hit the wall this year it looks like and Harrell is just not equipped to play center. Drummond should help in that regard.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Can he execute simple passes?

Yes.

But he either isn’t a willing passer or he doesn’t see the floor well at all (I think the latter).

To be a good passer you have to make consistently good decisions with the ball. Drummond doesn’t do that.
I'd say both. Guy will never pass the ball until he exhausts all options to shoot. Have a hard time believing he doesn't see his wide open teammates. Guessing some are yelling for him with limited crowd noice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol i had no idea they would have 9 available players against Portland. Phoenix kicked our ass but they played great in that Portland game. Clearly a game they win had Butler played
So I guess you made the excuses instead of others for why you won.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career % is 54%.
fabulous. Been that high in maybe 1 of last 9 seasons. And probably should be higher when nearly all his shots are from 1-3 feet.

Look, not saying they should have signed him. Low risk high reward so I'd want him if a Laker fan. But he has some major flaws which is probably why no one would trade an asset they care about for him the last 2 seasons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of focus here on an ass clown like Drummond who at best gets 8-10 minutes off the bench in the playoffs. He’s a dinosaur. He’s a big in the modern game that can’t shoot, can’t facilitate, can’t space the floor. He’s overpaid for what he is and that’s why he couldn’t be traded and instead was bought out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. I was wrong. I shouldn't have exaggerated and said 2-3 feet......most of his bricks are probably jump hooks, which are more like 4-8 feet. He's stellar. How'd ya like his % of FGs assisted from 3 in a couple years in Detroit? I realize they could maybe have used some better 3 point shooters, but didn't even assist on 1? 0.0? The Flounder of centers.

DJ was off with his number. He's 54% from 0-3 feet which is pretty terrible. But he is 54% because a lot of his shots are on rebounds that will often be contested.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey congrats to your Bruins advancing to the Eltie 8. Mick Cronin > Steve Alford.

And wait, what, huh!?!?!? A UCLA fan liking that their bitter rivals advanced? You'll never see an Ohio State fan do something like that for that community college in ann arbor. :heh:
I'm a die-hard sports fan who knows his stuff....not a casual fan who lets his hatred of a rival effect rational thinking when making his picks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ was off with his number. He's 54% from 0-3 feet which is pretty terrible. But he is 54% because a lot of his shots are on rebounds that will often be contested.
Noticed after seeing your post. Never should have just trusted his numbers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of focus here on an ass clown like Drummond who at best gets 8-10 minutes off the bench in the playoffs. He’s a dinosaur. He’s a big in the modern game that can’t shoot, can’t facilitate, can’t space the floor. He’s overpaid for what he is and that’s why he couldn’t be traded and instead was bought out.
He also made close to 30 million. Kind of hard to match contracts. And he is their new starter at C. WAY BETTER than Gasol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say- this season has turned out pretty well so far for the Cavs.

1. They got a critical piece of the future with 22 year old Jarret Allen
2. In some ways- losing Drummond and having Love hurt all year (and basically 60M of the their cap doing nothing) has given the kids ample time to play and get experience.
3. Garland has taken a big step where many around Cleveland think he might be the best long term piece on the roster.
4. On schedule if they can just get a little lucky to get a top 5 pick and add an elite talent wing to the roster.
5. Sexton has really solidified himself as a big time scorer that is efficient. His rookie year and the shortened season last year were good but still a pretty small sample size. To do it again- and still at the age of 22, is pretty nice. ESPECIALLY the efficiency.
6. The Cavs, and a lot of teams around the league, have really realized that Larry Nance Jr. is a good player.
3. I'll admit I was a bit down on Garland last season as he didn't get better throughout rookie season like Sexton did. But not everyone improves at same pace. At the very least he looks like he'll be a solid player.
4 and 5. will he be Kyrie without the crazy? Not sure, but based on career trajectory sure looks like he could. Sexton averaged more points and was a more efficient shooter in his year 3 than Kyrie in his. No Lebron coming though....but agree with some lottery luck and they could at least compete in the East if added to this core.
6. The guy is not an elite player but not many better role players who can do as much as he does, as well as being an exceptional team player....especially at a contract like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do the Cavs continue to be a mediocre basketball team?
because they are only in year 3 of a rebuild that started with losing arguably the best player ever and well over the cap (still over cap)?

I mean, LA - a FA destination - took 7 years just to make the playoffs in their rebuild. IF they go this year, NY took 8. Your own team was playoffless for 6 seasons. 4 of them were 198, 18, 10 then a huge leap....to 28 wins. Also got 2 #1 picks to finally help them get out. Cavs got two #5 picks with a bottom 2 record. So there's that, too.

where should they be halfway into year 3?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because 60 million in payroll is either injured or released and they are starting 4 guys 22 years old or younger.

they will prob be mediocre again next year (although- at least this year .500 basically gets you in the running for home court first round).

but they are building out the base nicely. Guys dont develop overnight.

I wish sorry ass Washington would win a few more games and pass the Cavs. You have freaking Beal and Westbrook. It really pisses me off. You know the Magic arent winning shit after trading their whole roster. I just hope the Cavs dont pass Toronto or Chicago or OKC. Houston is truly pathetic.
yeah...it's looking like the 4th worse record is best they can hope for and looking more like 6 (or "worse")