• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD didn’t get criticism?

Outside of his 1st year with the Warriors, there's been very little (if any) criticism of Durant. Unlike Lebron who played his first 7 seasons without another top 30 player, KD played the first part of his career with another top 15 player in russ and we all know where he went afterwards.

Imagine the criticism of Bron had he played his entire career with great players

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami team wasn't close to as loaded. They actually made very few in season acquisitions ever during his 4 years there. Wanting everyone in the buyout window is lame
No disagreement....but were there buyout guys they could have had that they passed on?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Miami losing a bunch in a row had an affect. If he wanted to win a title the Nets were his best bet. If he wanted to hang in the sun Mimi was the better pick. Going to an under .500 Miami team prob. did not have him as excited as competing for a title
Brings me to another topic - Drummond.

haven't followed too closely so don't know the severity (and, hell, he may even have signed somewhere by now). But if Robinson out a long time I wonder if Drummond chooses NY for his personal stats over winning more with a shot at a title elsewhere.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of his 1st year with the Warriors, there's been very little (if any) criticism of Durant. Unlike Lebron who played his first 7 seasons without another top 30 player, KD played the first part of his career with another top 15 player in russ and we all know where he went afterwards.

Imagine the criticism of Bron had he played his entire career with great players
I just think what KD did was so bad no one even tried to debate it after awhile. It was just completely understood that he sold out and did what he did. Part of what gave him his cupcake name, which he earned.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone saw end of Cavs' game (and I'll admit was glad to see Sexton get the clutch shot but still "pull out" the loss) did JB mess up not pressuring inbounder? Some in Cavs' forum who live to complain are, well, complaining. First, I would credit the passer for an exceptional pass (might have been better than shot) and Barnes for the shot.

To the question....I'd be more inclined to pressure passer if he couldn't move. If he can, not hard to get himself free in 5 seconds IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone saw end of Cavs' game (and I'll admit was glad to see Sexton get the clutch shot but still "pull out" the loss) did JB mess up not pressuring inbounder? Some in Cavs' forum who live to complain are, well, complaining. First, I would credit the passer for an exceptional pass (might have been better than shot) and Barnes for the shot.

To the question....I'd be more inclined to pressure passer if he couldn't move. If he can, not hard to get himself free in 5 seconds IMO.
Whatever 50/50 decision a coach picks in those spots the armchair types will always question when it doesn’t work out. It’s funny to me when you catch them taking both sides at different points within a few games of each other. We should punt! this week. It’s stupid not to go for that! next week. It’s all about the execution and the opponent executed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs HC Rick Carlisle wowed by Zion: he's Shaq with PG skills.

Zion's in his 2nd year, and for a PF to only average 7.0 reb's a game isn't good. And PG skills? Sure, if averaging 3.5 asts (what he averages) this season is similar to a PG's assist production.

He's currently 34th in rebounding. Some players that average more reb's per game this season. And only one of them is a frontcourt player.

Michael Porter, Jr- 7.3
Josh Hart- 7.7
Ben Simmons- 7.9
Harden- 8.1
Luka- 8.3
Westbrook- 10.0

Zion's damn good. But he's not Shaq with PG skills.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever 50/50 decision a coach picks in those spots the armchair types will always question when it doesn’t work out. It’s funny to me when you catch them taking both sides at different points within a few games of each other. We should punt! this week. It’s stupid not to go for that! next week. It’s all about the execution and the opponent executed.
Yep...no doubt if they don't pressure and they score it's "how could you allow them a better chance to get someone open?"

complainers will complain.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If KD was in the GOAT debate he would get just as much if not more.

I think most of LeBron’s criticism is unwarranted. But he gets more heat because he is a greater player. Simple as that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Barnes made a great shot. It was very well contested. He probably hits that 1 out of 10.

Tip your cap and move on!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk as can always send him to the bench. And, yeah, high reward as maybe someone can finally get him to be a team player. If Lebron can't, it's never gonna happen.
With AD and James out...they need him to start.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Barnes made a great shot. It was very well contested. He probably hits that 1 out of 10.

Tip your cap and move on!
Even better when it beats your team and they are better off with the loss.

One hell of a pass, too.