• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t a coup. It is simply a solid move that will make the Heat a little better.

Not sure why you need to push back on that.

bks posted a link about how formidable their final 5 will be. I said A) that is a very specific situation that also has some flaws as that 5 will struggle offensively and B) he hasn't played a year. It's not like I said he was terrible or that the move was bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bks posted a link about how formidable their final 5 will be. I said A) that is a very specific situation that also has some flaws as that 5 will struggle offensively and B) he hasn't played a year. It's not like I said he was terrible or that the move was bad.

Once again they will never play that lineup together offensively. The writer was simply pointing out the heat can put 5 very good defenders on the court if they need a stop late in a game. You keep bringing up their offense when they won't be on the floor together for offense. Are you going to tell me that Bradley, Butler, Bam, Iguodola, and Ariza aren't all good defenders? Bam and Butler are great defenders

Have you never heard of defense for offense substitutions that teams always do late in games?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again they will never play that lineup together offensively. The writer was simply pointing out the heat can put 5 very good defenders on the court if they need a stop late in a game. You keep bringing up their offense when they won't be on the floor together for offense. Are you going to tell me that Bradley, Butler, Bam, Iguodola, and Ariza aren't all good defenders? Bam and Butler are great defenders

Have you never heard of defense for offense substitutions that teams always do late in games?

I am aware of all that. Which is why I said that it was a lineup for maybe 30 seconds in some games.

Were my comments so egregious that I need to defend them to this extent? Really?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really all that concerned about whether it was a good or bad move. I'm pushing back on this being some sort of coup. He'll provide some value. But it is likely to be fairly limited.

Agree that his value will likely be limited. He might be nothing more than a warm body that can eat up a few minutes off the bench, but that's still more value than Leonard. Even without the livestream issue, Leonard's out for the year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that his value will likely be limited. He might be nothing more than a warm body that can eat up a few minutes off the bench, but that's still more value than Leonard. Even without the livestream issue, Leonard's out for the year.

Agreed. Leonard was obviously persona non grata. So moving on from him makes sense. So the trade is net positive for the Heat. I guess you could ask whether there were better options for moving on from Leonard's expiring contract but if there were I doubt they would be all that much better than Ariza.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a player who bitches more to the media after games about a call. This guy been doing this crap since Indiana. Usually once or twice a year, he cries to the media about calls.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I saw BK’s post. I thought it was pretty evident that was nothing more than a late clock situational lineup.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a player who bitches more to the media after games about a call. This guy been doing this crap since Indiana. Usually once or twice a year, he cries to the media about calls.

lol @Playoff Pee

Looking at the stats, the Clippers took 11 more 2 point shots than the Mavs did. The Mavs were called for 16 fouls (Clippers 15). The Clippers shot 11 free throws (Mavs 12). The Clippers lost by 16. Even if every one of those 11 more 2 point shots were drives to the hoop, the Mavs would have had to been called for shooting fouls on 8 of those shots and hit all of those free throws (they were 6 for 11), just to tie the game.

Maybe try not shooting 42% from the field while allowing your opponent to shoot 51% from the field?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw BK’s post. I thought it was pretty evident that was nothing more than a late clock situational lineup.

And unless both Bam and Jimmy are out, I seriously doubt we'd ever see that lineup, even for 1 possession when they need a stop. As bks pointed out, Bam and Jimmy are both great defenders.

Basically it means the Heat can now present opponents with a variety of really good defensive players and adjust to just about any offense. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when the defense the Heat can bring goes against the offense that the Nets can bring. Should be fun.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ took it to his opponent

Lebron cries to ref

But when Paul George cries about the refs that's different right?

LA CLippers' Paul George frustrated by non-calls, wants NBA to review tape

"It's insane we're not getting these calls. But it is what it is. It's nothing new to me."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless both Bam and Jimmy are out, I seriously doubt we'd ever see that lineup, even for 1 possession when they need a stop. As bks pointed out, Bam and Jimmy are both great defenders.

Against a team like the Nets, that lineup can be very useful at the end of game. It would allow for switching and all capable defenders. You need to have at least 4 good/great defenders on the floor in late game situations against those 3 guys in Brooklyn

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Playoff Pee

Looking at the stats, the Clippers took 11 more 2 point shots than the Mavs did. The Mavs were called for 16 fouls (Clippers 15). The Clippers shot 11 free throws (Mavs 12). The Clippers lost by 16. Even if every one of those 11 more 2 point shots were drives to the hoop, the Mavs would have had to been called for shooting fouls on 8 of those shots and hit all of those free throws (they were 6 for 11), just to tie the game.

Maybe try not shooting 42% from the field while allowing your opponent to shoot 51% from the field?

My nickname for Paul George is now Playoff Phoney.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"It's insane we're not getting these calls. But it is what it is. It's nothing new to me."
Who the fack is Paul George, Ringo’s love child?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Gibson, I actually feel sorry for this dude, is he basketball challenged, sayin it nicely!!!

he can’t catch a pass , he can’t dribble without looking down at ball, he slaps his hands together every time he facks up as if he’s ... whatever the dude stinks.

who the fack did he know to get to this level?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF !!! I didn’t say that ..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Gibson, I actually feel sorry for this dude, is he basketball challenged, sayin it nicely!!!

he can’t catch a pass , he can’t dribble without looking down at ball, he slaps his hands together every time he facks up as if he’s ... whatever the dude stinks.

who the fack did he know to get to this level?

Taj is washed. In his younger days, he was a very solid role player. He was one of the main players on Thibs' Bulls team that used to give the Lebron/D-Wade Heat some solid competition.

Thibs loves the guy. But Thibs has also run him into the ground. Taj has been in the NBA 11 years and he's played for Thibs in 8 of them. In his prime, he was one of those guys that wasn't ever going to be a star, but your team absolutely had to have if they wanted to win.

He's been one of my favorite players since he was at USC. I always hoped the Lakers would get him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is such an idiot, live your own life dumbass.

Lonzo isn't a bad player. Didn't live up to his hype but is a solid role player but the way Lavar acts, you have to think there are several teams who would never sign/trade for Lonzo because of his dad