• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing on randle travel? He jumped in the air landed and dribbled on the floor once more. Why is he so outraged about the call? Looked correct to me.

The ball was knocked loose from his grip on the way up. That eliminates the travel call for coming back down with the ball. If they still had their challenge....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that backwards man.

No basketball player ever has as much pure talent as LeBron.

LeBron is bigger, stronger, maybe faster and more skilled too.

Gotta disagree. MJ was more talented. Better handle, better defender, better moves, etc. Lebron added the 3pt shot that Jordan never really did, but that was a different time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perk trying to say the csll was right, which would mean the ball was not dislodged but that is not what I saw.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perk trying to say the csll was right, which would mean the ball was not dislodged but that is not what I saw.

They showed the replay multiple times. Kyrie hits it, it spins loose from Randle's grip on the way up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Refs said the same after the game. Don't like it but in their mind, seems like the right call was made

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs said the same after the game. Don't like it but in their mind, seems like the right call was made
In their mind yea but not what the replay showed to me, the ball was dislodged from his hand.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. MJ was more talented. Better handle, better defender, better moves, etc. Lebron added the 3pt shot that Jordan never really did, but that was a different time.

Most of where he was better was not in areas of basketball talent, but work ethic and mental toughness. That isn’t to suggest LeBron doesn’t work hard, MJ was just next level.

MJ did not have a better handle than LeBron. But even if he did, that is a skill. Talent mostly speaks to potential or natural capability.

LeBron has more.

You might say MJ has a better overall skill set, but LBJ does more things better and is bigger.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of where he was better was not in areas of basketball talent, but work ethic and mental toughness. That isn’t to suggest LeBron doesn’t work hard, MJ was just next level.

MJ did not have a better handle than LeBron. But even if he did, that is a skill. Talent mostly speaks to potential or natural capability.

LeBron has more.

You might say MJ has a better overall skill set, but LBJ does more things better and is bigger.

I think the MJ vs Lebron debate is largely pointless because there are just too many variables to make a comparison. Same holds with Wilt and Russell.

But, IMO, Lebron is just a unicorn in a way that none of those other guys were. Wilt is probably the closest.

You put Lebron back in any previous era and it would be an absolute monster. HOWEVER, the diet and conditioning was so fundamentally different back in those years. Wilt never had the ethic to be in top flight shape, in part because he was just so physically dominant over everyone else of his era. If modern diet and conditioning mechanisms were in place back then and someone like Lebron showed up, would that have changed Wilt's approach? It's entirely possible but we will never know.

MJ might be the fiercest competitor I've ever seen play. I'm CERTAIN that if he got transported to today, he would spend an off season shooting about 10,000 3s and become a lethal shooter. And he may have pushed his conditioning to the next level as well, especially later in his career.

Ultimately, you could never be wrong saying any of those 4 are the greatest of all time. Just a matter of taste and perspective.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the MJ vs Lebron debate is largely pointless because there are just too many variables to make a comparison. Same holds with Wilt and Russell.

But, IMO, Lebron is just a unicorn in a way that none of those other guys were. Wilt is probably the closest.

You put Lebron back in any previous era and it would be an absolute monster. HOWEVER, the diet and conditioning was so fundamentally different back in those years. Wilt never had the ethic to be in top flight shape, in part because he was just so physically dominant over everyone else of his era. If modern diet and conditioning mechanisms were in place back then and someone like Lebron showed up, would that have changed Wilt's approach? It's entirely possible but we will never know.

MJ might be the fiercest competitor I've ever seen play. I'm CERTAIN that if he got transported to today, he would spend an off season shooting about 10,000 3s and become a lethal shooter. And he may have pushed his conditioning to the next level as well, especially later in his career.

Ultimately, you could never be wrong saying any of those 4 are the greatest of all time. Just a matter of taste and perspective.
Exactly, at the level of the tippy top greats there's no way to 'prove' who's 'better'. Different times, styles of play, coaches, teammates, opponents, positions...all you can really say is 4-5 guys were just the all around best (I wouldn't put Russell in there though). Mine are MJ, Magic, LeBron, Kareem, and Wilt.

It's fun to argue about of course. Like you say it comes down to what you subjectively prefer.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell is no where near the top 4

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is no where near the top 4

He played a long time ago when the game was very different certainly. But it is hard to argue with his success. It is pretty much unprecedented in professional sports.

In his era he was just as dominant at the other guys.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans are a weird club

They should probably stop playing Bledsoe so much.

Of course, it probably didn't matter tonight. No one can stop Dame when he decides its Dame Time

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should probably stop playing Bledsoe so much.

Of course, it probably didn't matter tonight. No one can stop Dame when he decides its Dame Time

They choked. If BI hit one free throw and they don't have the unforced turnover right after then Dame Time wouldn't better

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a long time ago when the game was very different certainly. But it is hard to argue with his success. It is pretty much unprecedented in professional sports.

In his era he was just as dominant at the other guys.

He was a transcendent athlete for his time and changed the game. Its just odd to me how little love his teammates get looking back.