• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Dance was essentially a Jordan puff piece. The main takeaway is that it is not really a documentary.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story: first sports bet I ever made was a 5 team parlay and it hit. I thought “damn this is easy, I’m gonna keep doing this”

Long story short anytime I make a bet you should definitely take the other side.

Unless we talking holdem because it seems you know your stuff

All in all on actual betting im probably about even. Im up on fanduel/DK because of my cashes in football this year.

Horse racing though.fuck that sport. Lost my ass this year trying that out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I mean, if the guy were in shape and good looking he would not have gotten the abuse he did. Idea MJ ripped him knowing what type of GM he became is comical.

MJ was a bully. He picked on Krause and made fun of him because of the way he looked. Jackson enabled it.

IMO, Krause let his personal feelings cloud his judgement in his handling of the key players in the Bulls dynasty. He puffed up his own importance inside his head and made bad decisions that led to dismantling the team before they were actually beaten.

And that part is on Krause. He deserves a lot of praise for building the dynasty, but he also deserves his share of the blame for how it ended.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always pretty much thought that but I was listening to Windhorst's podcast and they had Zach Lowe on. And laid out how this isn't really true. There were maybe 2 or 3 seasons, at most where he had a reasonable argument for MVP over the guy who won.

Depends how you define reasonable argument.

2019 is really the only year there wasn’t a good case for LBJ.

Russ’ win was BS. Counting stats over substance. Curry’s 2nd win was legit, but the first 1 could have easily been LeBron. Last year probably should have been LeBron too, IMO.

I could go on.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was a bully. He picked on Krause and made fun of him because of the way he looked. Jackson enabled it.

IMO, Krause let his personal feelings cloud his judgement in his handling of the key players in the Bulls dynasty. He puffed up his own importance inside his head and made bad decisions that led to dismantling the team before they were actually beaten.

And that part is on Krause. He deserves a lot of praise for building the dynasty, but he also deserves his share of the blame for how it ended.

I dont disagree with that either but to pin it all on him was false.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with that either but to pin it all on him was false.

I don’t think anyone is doing that.

@dtgold88 knocking Phil for not returning to the Bulls after the last title is very silly though. Nobody in their right mind would have returned given the roster, and how he was treated by Krause.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how you define reasonable argument.

2019 is really the only year there wasn’t a good case for LBJ.

Russ’ win was BS. Counting stats over substance. Curry’s 2nd win was legit, but the first 1 could have easily been LeBron. Last year probably should have been LeBron too, IMO.

I could go on.

The point isn't that Lebron couldn't have won in most of those years. The point is SHOULD he have won in most of those years.

Lebron could have won last year certainly. 25/8/10 is a great stat line. But Giannis' 29/13/6 while winning defensive player of the year wile playing only 30 minutes was pretty damn impressive as well

Lebron easily could have won it in 2014-15 over Curry. But the same is true with Harden as well.

Point being that Lebron probably should have won a couple more MVPs, but not 4 or 5 more.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point isn't that Lebron couldn't have won in most of those years. The point is SHOULD he have won in most of those years.

Lebron could have won last year certainly. 25/8/10 is a great stat line. But Giannis' 29/13/6 while winning defensive player of the year wile playing only 30 minutes was pretty damn impressive as well

Lebron easily could have won it in 2014-15 over Curry. But the same is true with Harden as well.

Point being that Lebron probably should have won a couple more MVPs, but not 4 or 5 more.

I disagree.

He has clearly been the best player. Others top candidates come and go, LeBron is always there and always has been the most impactful player in the league.

The fact that he hasn’t won more cheapens accolades like MVP in all time player comparisons. Way too subjective and political.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

He has clearly been the best player. Others top candidates come and go, LeBron is always there and always has been the most impactful player in the league.

The fact that he hasn’t won more cheapens accolades like MVP in all time player comparisons. Way too subjective and political.

There is no question is has been the best player. I am of the opinion that he is the greatest player of all time.

The MVP award goes to the player who was most valuable to the team in the regular season. Measured as such, I do think that Lebron should have won 6 or so awards. I'm just not on board with saying he should have won 10.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question is has been the best player. I am of the opinion that he is the greatest player of all time.

The MVP award goes to the player who was most valuable to the team in the regular season. Measured as such, I do think that Lebron should have won 6 or so awards. I'm just not on board with saying he should have won 10.

Agree. 6 or 7 sounds about right

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean they won a title every year MJ played a full season for the last 8 years if my math is right. He SAID he was going to start over but in the end he ended up asking Phillip and MJ to return and bring the band back again. Don't recall how it would have gone with Pippen. That might have been something he mishandled, for sure, as he definitely was a guy with an ego who cared about credit as you alluded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone is doing that.

@dtgold88 knocking Phil for not returning to the Bulls after the last title is very silly though. Nobody in their right mind would have returned given the roster, and how he was treated by Krause.
"treated by Krause"? You mean with alleged mean words? In the end with actions he offered to bring him back. True, Phillip has the right to leave. Think he had other offers if you had to guess before signing up to play with Kobe and Shaq?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP, most valuable to the league.

nobody more valuable than Lebron

sells tickets better than any player

Lebron most recognized player in the world

Nobody else has the rep he has , every player wants to be him, everyone wants to take him down. Giannis does not have that rep.

as long as he could run, he’s Most valuable.

if he had the heart and desires MJ had on court? He’d win every year, both!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP, most valuable to the league.

nobody more valuable than Lebron

sells tickets better than any player

Lebron most recognized player in the world

Nobody else has the rep he has , every player wants to be him, everyone wants to take him down. Giannis does not have that rep.

as long as he could run, he’s Most valuable.

if he had the heart and desires MJ had on court? He’d win every year, both!

"if he had the heart and desire MJ had on court? He'd win every year, both!"

Does your dumbfuckery ever stop? MJ himself didn't win league MVP's or titles every year. So you're trying to hold LeBron to a standard MJ didn't even achieve.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if he had the heart and desire MJ had on court? He'd win every year, both!"

Does your dumbfuckery ever stop? MJ himself didn't win league MVP's or titles every year. So you're trying to hold LeBron to a standard MJ didn't even achieve.
beat me to it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder just got too much young talent fighting for their careers to lose like they need to be.