• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was saying no, you can't have him.
Oh. But he's always ripping him, especially in-game. I think he's maybe the best coach today (Pop is soooo old).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His substitution pattern can be odd at times....too much by the book for me

But outside of that, no issues
I mean, how do we really judge a great coach from a good one, luck is a huge factor in sports, but he's gotta be one of the best in the game today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I interfered in any of your conversations?

I started my own thread, never interfered in any convos, between you or anyone!

and, lol, you could not be more wrong with the last thing you said....

I have forgotten more than anyone of you could ever know about this game, I had a coach who did not allow you to create, change , move from the spot you were supposed to be in on court. Doubt anyone would ever believe it that made it to show. This guy made Bobby knight look like a wuss . We had coaches from all over teaching us plays on both ends of the court, and we weren’t allowed to touch a drop of water, go home to our family, TILL WE PERFECTED IT!

LOL.

Coaches who don’t allow players to create, change and read situations are dinosaurs.

Even at the high school level, good coaches create advantage situations and teach players how to read the defense and react appropriately. Basketball is a dynamic game. You need players to be effective decision makers, not mindless robots.

Sorry. But your are the closed minded one. You think there is no other way other that what you experienced. Ironically, you preach the importance of confidence as it relates to athletic performance, and nothing saps confidence faster than a tyrant coach like the 1 you have described. Your man simply wouldn’t cut it today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, how do we really judge a great coach from a good one, luck is a huge factor in sports, but he's gotta be one of the best in the game today.

Some coaches, like Larry Brown, are great with the x's and o's. Others are like Phil and great at managing egos/diverse personalities. Kerr may be more like Phil than Larry Brown.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some coaches, like Larry Brown, are great with the x's and o's. Others are like Phil and great at managing egos/diverse personalities. Kerr may be more like Phil than Larry Brown.
Not maybe, that's pretty accurate. I was referring to Spoelstra here however

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Coaches who don’t allow players to create, change and read situations are dinosaurs.

Even at the high school level, good coaches create advantage situations and teach players how to read the defense and react appropriately. Basketball is a dynamic game. You need players to be effective decision makers, not mindless robots.

Sorry. But your are the closed minded one. You think there is no other way other that what you experienced. Ironically, you preach the importance of confidence as it relates to athletic performance, and nothing saps confidence faster than a tyrant coach like the 1 you have described. Your man simply wouldn’t cut it today.
no shit Sherlock...

where did I post that the Dinosaur style of coaching was mine?

but, when you have a less talented roster, which is what all this was based on from beginning of our tumultuous board affair, knick roster, you might want to incorporate some of that Dinosaur style into play.

case & point, thibs, pretty much considered a dinosaur in today’s game has, and it has worked to a point.

lol, yada yada yada, I’m not arguing your point of the game , but keep on posting swami , shaqpoppy bout to climax

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teach me, teacher.

im here to share and learn...
I can try.......Shump and Mozgov had next to nothing to do with the Cavs winning the title in 2016 as they barely played more than you did. Cavs had to take JR if they wanted the other guys in the deal. Not as though they called NY asking for JR.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be? When he has more talent than the other team his teams will do well. When they don't, they might not do as well.

Like most coaches.

edit - noticed you were talking about Spoelstra (not Kerr) and I agree. Not on LB level, but I have seen him do more with less at times. Not this year...yet.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be? When he has more talent than the other team his teams will do well. When they don't, they might not do as well.

Like most coaches.
Last year's run to the finals impressed me. And he won a couple titles which, yes he had stars, but people consider Pop and Riley and Jackson great coaches and they always won with stars.

Is Larry Brown the only good coach? Doc Rivers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's run to the finals impressed me. And he won a couple titles which, yes he had stars, but people consider Pop and Riley and Jackson great coaches and they always won with stars.

Is Larry Brown the only good coach? Doc Rivers?
That comment was edited....didn't know it was about Spoelstra (thought Kerr).

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can try.......Shump and Mozgov had next to nothing to do with the Cavs winning the title in 2016 as they barely played more than you did. Cavs had to take JR if they wanted the other guys in the deal. Not as though they called NY asking for JR.
Cmon bro, why? It’s not you! Or is it?

let’s start from beginning, Knicks vs Cavs, prior to ‘15-16 season. Lebron was scouting out for what he needed to beat GS. Dude was , no pun intended, courtin, certain knick players during game. It was no coincidence that certain players ended up on Cavs roster. Cavs win championship.

and what you said is beyond lack of experience bro!!! A player can have such an impact on a season, players future , coach future at that level , in one instance/play that can turn a series around!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment was edited....didn't know it was about Spoelstra (thought Kerr).
Kerr it would be hard to consider a good coach. But Spoelstra is very good IMO

That said, do you think Pop and Jackson and Riley are great coaches like everyone else does? They only won titles with stars...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon bro, why? It’s not you! Or is it?

let’s start from beginning, Knicks vs Cavs, prior to ‘15-16 season. Lebron was scouting out for what he needed to beat GS. Dude was , no pun intended, courtin, certain knick players during game. It was no coincidence that certain players ended up on Cavs roster. Cavs win championship.

and what you said is beyond lack of experience bro!!! A player can have such an impact on a season, players future , coach future at that level , in one instance/play that can turn a series around!
So they needed Moz and Shump to beat GS, had Moz and Shump, but beat them without using them?

Can ya really not see where your "logic" might be a tad off base (though comical)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr it would be hard to consider a good coach. But Spoelstra is very good IMO

That said, do you think Pop and Jackson and Riley are great coaches like everyone else does? They only won titles with stars...
agree. as to your ? before you saw my edited answer I'm really not sure about Doc. Cs didn't do much before adding Garnett and Allen. Then added them and he won a title. Underachieved with Clips last year, but could say overachieving with 76ers and doing a great job so far. He's hard to figure.