• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you said.

Sure looks like Michael Doliac, jr. to me. You don't even know how to put a proper comment together. You should have said Doliac, JR & Shumpert. Also you said LeBron played with Doleac. Which is incorrect.
Yea, ok.. lol. The player I may have confused , timofey moskov.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ok.. lol. The player I may have confused , timofey moskov.

You're always confused. No wonder you thought LeBron was teammates with Michael Doleac.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point should the league consider fining the Cavs for sitting Drummond?

He's not injured but hasn't played since Feb 12th. The guy makes $28 million and averages 17.5 / 13.5 / 2.6
Even if Cleveland feels Allen should start, it doesn't explain why Drummond isn't getting back-up minutes.

The league has a policy against sitting healthy big name players in nationally televised games.
Is Drummond no longer a big name? I get that he doesn't fit into the Cavs future plans but 17.5 / 13.5 is no joke.
The policy was implemented so nationwide fans wouldn't be deprived of watching big name players because teams were tanking/resting/being injury cautious/etc. In other words, the league prioritizes the product the fans see over the short-term interest of an individual team.
Is the claim that a trade is being sought a valid excuse for sitting a player for several weeks? If so, the policy is pretty toothless until after the trade deadline.

And if Drummond isn't traded or bought out buy the 25th, does Cleveland keep sitting him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I was out of line with the Lebron comments, years ago he literally stole some of the knick players. Not a fan of his, although he will go down record wise as best ever.

when he was with Cleveland, during game he was actually giving advice to certain knick players, that ended up in Cleveland the next season.

do that shit after game, who the fack are you is the way I felt. Never saw MJ do that.
not sure who Cavs "stole" from the Knicks...or why they'd want to.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not injured but hasn't played since Feb 12th. The guy makes $28 million and averages 17.5 / 13.5 / 2.6
Even if Cleveland feels Allen should start, it doesn't explain why Drummond isn't getting back-up minutes.

The league has a policy against sitting healthy big name players in nationally televised games.
Is Drummond no longer a big name? I get that he doesn't fit into the Cavs future plans but 17.5 / 13.5 is no joke.
The policy was implemented so nationwide fans wouldn't be deprived of watching big name players because teams were tanking/resting/being injury cautious/etc. In other words, the league prioritizes the product the fans see over the short-term interest of an individual team.
Is the claim that a trade is being sought a valid excuse for sitting a player for several weeks? If so, the policy is pretty toothless until after the trade deadline.

And if Drummond isn't traded or bought out buy the 25th, does Cleveland keep sitting him?

Sitting him was a mutual decision between Cavs brass & Drummond's agent. Don't want a tradeable player to get injured before trade-time. I was questioning what was going on with that myself until someone pointed out that detail I wasn't aware of. Stuff like this happens. Look at AD and Pels. He said he wasn't coming back. And the team sat him before trading him.

And I think there's no question he'll be traded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. First of all it's Michael Doleac. And he's not a junior. I looked up his numbers. And you're trying to say LeBron "stole" him? Well let's see here. Doleac played for the Cavs for one season, 2001-02. And the Cavs didn't draft LeBron until 2003. He also played for the Heat from 2005 to 2007. LeBron didn't get to Miami until the 2010-11 season. So you're outright lying again.

And Shumpert. LeBron "stole" him but not JR Smith? They were both traded to the Cavs at the same time.
Not even sure it matters when they "stole" Doleac (or in this case, didn't). Doleac? Really?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fine them for what? Even if you think they shouldn't sit him in a nationally televised game, what nationally televised games are the cavs in?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure it matters when they "stole" Doleac (or in this case, didn't). Doleac? Really?

It's obvious that LeBron, Dan Gilbert, the HC and whoever was the GM when these egregious player thefts occoured need to be investigated and punished by the NBA. The league can't let these phoney baloney charges be swept under the rug.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting him was a mutual decision between Cavs brass & Drummond's agent. Don't want a tradeable player to get injured before trade-time. I was questioning what was going on with that myself until someone pointed out that detail I wasn't aware of. Stuff like this happens. Look at AD and Pels. He said he wasn't coming back. And the team sat him before trading him.

And I think there's no question he'll be traded.

AD sat for about 2 weeks. Drummond is nearing 4 weeks. And I think AD was before the new NBA policy.
I'm not sure Cleveland is handling it in the best way but I get the argument.
What I don't get is why the NBA thinks its okay after fining other teams for sitting healthy players.
I guess Drummond doesn't matter much to fans.

Regardless, a Drummond trade could have a big impact in the playoffs imo. I think he will toe the line and make himself useful for a contender. All he cared about in Cleveland(and Detroit) was stats. If he's in the playoffs he will be playing nice for that next contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious that LeBron, Dan Gilbert, the HC and whoever was the GM when these egregious player thefts occoured need to be investigated and punished by the NBA. The league can't let these phoney baloney charges be swept under the rug.
Yeah...I'm done sticking up for Gilbert. stealing Doleac a disservice to the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD sat for about 2 weeks. Drummond is nearing 4 weeks. And I think AD was before the new NBA policy.
What I don't get is why the NBA thinks its okay after fining other teams for sitting healthy players.

Regardless, a Drummond trade could have a big impact in the playoffs imo. I think he will toe the line and make himself useful for a contender. All he cared about in Cleveland(and Detroit) was stats. If he's in the playoffs he will be playing nice for that next contract.
But isn't the agreement for national games of which the Cavs play none that I know of?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not faulting the Cavs for how they're handling this. But I do think he'll end up with a contender. Not good at this guessing game so have no idea where he'll end up.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine them for what? Even if you think they shouldn't sit him in a nationally televised game, what nationally televised games are the cavs in?

Man, you are right.
I just assumed they had more games nationally aired.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I'm done sticking up for Gilbert. stealing Doleac a disservice to the NBA.

How Gilbert wasn't fine a gazillion dollars for his shadiness is still a mystery.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't the agreement for national games of which the Cavs play none that I know of?

Yep my bad.
The NBA basically said they won't penalize unless its a national game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a damn good thing games are starting bsck tonight