• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @him saying the Lakers were on the playoff fringe when he got hurt. If memory serves, they were in the 4 or 5 spot.

You're right. The Lakers weren't a fringe playoff team before he got hurt. Just that blabbermouth trying to discredit LeBron again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually ignore the bolded. Lebron should've been unanimous (in 2013 I believe). But yeah, Steph is definitely deserving of both his MVP awards.

You're right. Only mentioned it to try and explain to him how insane his opinion is of Steph.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he said I made shit up about him....LOL.

There's no need to make anything up about him. Just remind him of all the stupid/overly homeristic nonsense he's said over the years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is showing no signs of letting up. In that regard he is surpassing Jordan. MJ took two years off and then tapped out at 35 because he didn't want any kind of rebuild or new situation.

LeBron welcomed a new change. It's a different mindset.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no need to make anything up about him. Just remind him of all the stupid/overly homeristic nonsense he's said over the years.
I did.

The Riley lost his fastball, Butler was a bad acquistion, the Lakers suck, LeBron is close to being done, blah, blah.....it's endless really.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs say hold our beers.

QB is the most important position and the Bucs had the pieces in place (hence why Brady chose them in the first place), they were always missing a QB - insert Brady. But you can't simply just stack talent in football similar to how teams try to do it in basketball and expect to win.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is the most important position and the Bucs had the pieces in place (hence why Brady chose them in the first place), they were always missing a QB - insert Brady. But you can't simply just stack talent in football similar to how teams try to do it in basketball and expect to win.

The obvious is you need more talent. And with a harder cap than the NBA you can't stack it as well.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added Gronk, AB, and Fournette....just to name a few. After they added Brady. They stacked talent.

They went fucking 7-9 in the previous season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is showing no signs of letting up. In that regard he is surpassing Jordan. MJ took two years off and then tapped out at 35 because he didn't want any kind of rebuild or new situation.

LeBron welcomed a new change. It's a different mindset.

Eh, you clearly didn't watch the Jordan documentary. There were rifts with management vs. Jordan/Pippen/Phil. Jordan wasn't going to go through a rebuild because they were going to scrap a championship team that was already built. When has Lebron volunteered to go through a rebuild?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added Gronk, AB, and Fournette....just to name a few. After they added Brady. They stacked talent.

They went fucking 7-9 in the previous season.

AB had little impact as he was the 4th option (behind Evans, Goodwin, and Gronk). I'm curious, what pieces did the Bucs add on defense? Because they were the first team to ever hold the Chiefs (with Mahomes) without a TD. If you watched the Super Bowl, as good as Brady was, the defense was the real MVP.

And again, they were an average team with Jameis Winston at QB. Brady's elite. Of course if you take a mediocre player at the most important position and replace him with an elite HOF QB, you're going to get much different results.

And Fournette was added as a backup RB.

Again, the Bucs really didn't stack talent. Brady had picked them for a reason.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you clearly didn't watch the Jordan documentary. There were rifts with management vs. Jordan/Pippen/Phil. Jordan wasn't going to go through a rebuild because they were going to scrap a championship team that was already built. When has Lebron volunteered to go through a rebuild?

I did. It was going to be a rebuild. He didn't want a rebuild. Regardless I don't think they owned his rights did they? He would've been fine.

LeBron left a better situation basketball wise for LA fwiw. He came
back to Cleveland for a worse situation basketball wise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious why Brady chose the Bucs as a free agent. He could've gone anywhere, but he chose the Bucs. Can't be because they had talent in place? (sarcasm)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. It was going to be a rebuild. He didn't want a rebuild. Regardless I don't think they owned his rights did they? He would've been fine.

LeBron left a better situation basketball wise for LA fwiw. He came
back to Cleveland for a worse situation basketball wise.

Jordan didn't want a rebuild because he was in the twilight of his career and he had just finished his 2nd 3-peat. Hell, they were talking about blowing up the team in '97 (after Jordan's 5th title). I don't blame Jordan for retiring at that point.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan didn't want a rebuild because he was in the twilight of his career and he had just finished his 2nd 3-peat. Hell, they were talking about blowing up the team in '97 (after Jordan's 5th title). I don't blame Jordan for retiring at that point.

He was about the exact same age LeBron was when he went to LA. With less mileage on his body. Nearly two full years less as a pro and basically two years in college difference as opposed to full nba seasons.

Are we saying Jordan couldn't have easily went to a situation that he would not have been incredibly competitive in?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was about the exact same age LeBron was when he went to LA. With less mileage on his body. Nearly two full years less as a pro and basically two years in college difference as opposed to full nba seasons.

Are we saying Jordan couldn't have easily went to a situation that he would not have been incredibly competitive in?
I don't think Jordan wanted to go to a different situation and try to replicate his success elsewhere. If we're arguing about who took care of their body better - Lebron and it's not even close. But I'm not faulting MJ for retiring at either point of his career.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually ignore the bolded. Lebron should've been unanimous (in 2013 I believe). But yeah, Steph is definitely deserving of both his MVP awards.
I'm not so sure he deserved 2, but it's not like some ridiculous reach.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious why Brady chose the Bucs as a free agent. He could've gone anywhere, but he chose the Bucs. Can't be because they had talent in place? (sarcasm)

Gotta be the initials (T.B.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in year 1 he didn't even make the playoffs. You had to add AD into the mix for him to have success.

That isn’t the point.

You said he left Cleveland for a “better situation”

That isn’t even close to being true

The situation in LA became better after LeBron got there and AD forced his way to play with LeBron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Lebron volunteered to go through a rebuild?
Depends on your definition of a rebuild. When you consider the records of both the Cavs and the Lakers in the seasons before he got there. You could say they were both rebuilds. They just rebuilt quickly via trades, FA and the draft prior to Lebron's arrival.