• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious why Brady chose the Bucs as a free agent. He could've gone anywhere, but he chose the Bucs. Can't be because they had talent in place? (sarcasm)

I think it was a few things.

You could make a good case that their talent was better than their 7-9 record. Jameis Winston turned the ball over 30+ times. So, I'm sure that was part of it.

I also think that they were basically willing to hand over the franchise to him. They let him change the culture and were willing to get him the players he requested (Gronk, Fournette, AB).

And, they had the cap space to pay him $25 million per year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a few things.

You could make a good case that their talent was better than their 7-9 record. Jameis Winston turned the ball over 30+ times. So, I'm sure that was part of it.

I also think that they were basically willing to hand over the franchise to him. They let him change the culture and were willing to get him the players he requested (Gronk, Fournette, AB).

And, they had the cap space to pay him $25 million per year.
Exactly. But in no way did Tampa "stack talent". Most of the pieces were already in place, and the defense didn't add anyone of significance as a free agent (that I'm aware of).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of a rebuild. When you consider the records of both the Cavs and the Lakers in the seasons before he got there. You could say they were both rebuilds. They just rebuilt quickly via trades, FA and the draft prior to Lebron's arrival.

Rebuild is where you're starting from scratch and you're in for the long haul and going through the growing pains. In LA, he knew he was getting AD. In Cleveland, they had Kyrie in place and had the assets to trade for Love which made them an instant contender. In Miami same thing - 1st round exit team to title contender given Wade and Bosh as teammates.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point.

You said he left Cleveland for a “better situation”

That isn’t even close to being true

The situation in LA became better after LeBron got there and AD forced his way to play with LeBron.
He knew he was getting AD. He went from a horrible franchise, to an historic great franchise. Rich Paul is AD's agent, you're really going to tell me that Lebron had no idea that AD was going to be traded to the Lakers? AD literally was telling teams that he had no intention of resigning with them (like Boston). In Cleveland, it was just him and Love once Kyrie was traded. I'm pretty sure I'd rather be teamed up with AD than Love. Whom the former, if I checked recently and I could be wrong, is a top 5 player in the league.

So, I don't know how the situation was worst.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got you all 4 title appearances you likely otherwise would not have seen. Maybe time to let the wounds heal a little

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild is where you're starting from scratch and you're in for the long haul and going through the growing pains. In LA, he knew he was getting AD. In Cleveland, they had Kyrie in place and had the assets to trade for Love which made them an instant contender. In Miami same thing - 1st round exit team to title contender given Wade and Bosh as teammates.

True. But without him, both teams were looking at years long rebuilds. There is more than one way to rebuild a franchise and franchises that have a choice, don't tend to use the long route of rebuilding through the draft.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid ass pilot.....violated federal standards in the helicopter crash that killed Kobe, his daughters and the others that day.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus.......the Cavs had drafted Irving and had the assets to trade for Kevin Love. Lebron knew the Lakers were going to be able to land AD since Rich Paul was his agent.
Yep two guys that have proven jsckshit abd couldnt lead their teams past 35 wins. Not playoff experience. That really isnt helping your argument. What Lebron has done going from franchise to franchise and winning in his only 2nd year there is simply amazing...especially considering the last decade he’s faced some of the best “dynasties” we might ever seen in the Finals tbh

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid ass pilot.....violated federal standards in the helicopter crash that killed Kobe, his daughters and the others that day.....
What I figured, he got disoriented. Lot of pressure to go I’m sure but it’s on him no doubt.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm e-rich on the other website.....won 5k on SB pick 'ems and 30k on postseason pick 'ems.

#4 in fake cash over there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I'm at. Everyone needs help. Lebron has taken it to the next level. He's always left in search of a better supporting cast. The original argument was that Lebron wasn't drafted into a stable franchise/situations. My argument is that he's been there, in various places, yet has chosen to leave.

Brady's different. He immediately went to Tampa and they went from mediocre fledgling team, to Super Bowl champs in year 1. I've argued against Brady for the entirety of his career. And most of my arguments were around what he would do without Bellichick. I can't stand on that argument anymore.
LOL If you don’t think Tampa doesn’t have some damn good talent I dont know what to say. Also had a great draft Wirfs and Winfield. He had more weapons he ever had in his career on TB. Cmon

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point.

You said he left Cleveland for a “better situation”

That isn’t even close to being true

The situation in LA became better after LeBron got there and AD forced his way to play with LeBron.
Yep and the exact same from Miami to CLE. So REALLY the only time he went to a better situation was going to Miami from CLE. That’s it lolzzz