• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should Steph Curry really be a 2 time MVP winner?

I mean- a few guys can carry a team in the league. He is not one of them.

LeBron, Kawhi, Embiid, Jokic, Durant...maybe a couple others? maybe not?

I mean- i get why Curry won them- and the logic behind it--- but when you strip it down--- can you really say he was the most valuable player in the league when he cant carry a team?

predictably- they are .500 thus far. So few guys have won multiple MVPs in the league- its rare company. I know Curry is great- but are we kind of getting a little bit of a sight adjustment now?

was Curry ever one of the 5 best players in the NBA? I dont know. I think cases could be made both ways that are logical.

It's funny how your dumbfuckery has no end. Should Steph really be a 2x MVP? Hell yes. He's the only NBAer to win the award unanimously. He's the best shooter the league has ever seen and will get into the HOF on his first try.

You asked if he was ever one of the five best players? Holy shit you're an ignorant jackass. Asking if the only unaminous MVP is any good.

You're such a clown.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how your dumbfuckery has no end. Should Steph really be a 2x MVP? Hell yes. He's the only NBAer to win the award unanimously. He's the best shooter the league has ever seen and will get into the HOF on his first try.

You asked if he was ever one of the five best players? Holy shit you're an ignorant jackass. Asking if the only unaminous MVP is any good.

You're such a clown.
I see WiggityWack's being Wiggity Wiggity Wack again...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see WiggityWack's being Wiggity Wiggity Wack again...

It's funny how he's trying to forget his own past and who he really is with all the overly homeristic, incorrect and outright bullshit he's said.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how he's trying to forget his own past and who he really is with all the overly homeristic, incorrect and outright bullshit he's said.
when have you EVER known him not to cloud his opinions with hatred and bias...?

DOES make the little twerp funny, though...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did.

And what have those 2 ever accomplished without LeBron?

Nothing.

Cleveland, absolutely nothing. What have the Lakers accomplished without Lebron? Is that a serious question?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland, absolutely nothing. What have the Lakers accomplished without Lebron? Is that a serious question?

Um...

We are not talking about history.

We are talking about the players he teamed with.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly- you can just flip it

LeBron never won a championship without all stars around him.

his season in LA- when he THOUGHT they were getting Davis but didnt- the Lakers were on the playoff fringe before he got hurt.

In Cleveland he did make a Finals without a big time talent around him once.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when have you EVER known him not to cloud his opinions with hatred and bias...?

DOES make the little twerp funny, though...

First it was him blathering on & on about how lousy the Heat are and how Riley doesn't know what he's doing. Then it was TT > Whiteside. Then it was him crying about LeBron leaving Cleveland again and saying how his legacy is ruined because the injured Lakers didn't make the playoffs two seasons ago. And now he's seem to be on a rant about the greatest shooter the league has ever seen.

What he should do next is start sniffing Kyrie's jock again. After all they have something in common. Not the belief that the Earth is flat. But they both hate, hate, hate LeBron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his season in LA- when he THOUGHT they were getting Davis but didnt- the Lakers were on the playoff fringe before he got hurt.

You really need to stop being so overly critical about LeBron. It always backfires.

Magic didn't win titles without all stars around him (KAJ, Worthy)
Bird didn't win titles without all stars around him (McHale, Parish)
Duncan didn't win titles without all stars around him (Robinson/Kawhi)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to stop being so overly critical about LeBron. It always backfires.

Magic didn't win titles without all stars around him (KAJ, Worthy)
Bird didn't win titles without all stars around him (McHale, Parish)
Duncan didn't win titles without all stars around him (Robinson/Kawhi)

And lol @him saying the Lakers were on the playoff fringe when he got hurt. If memory serves, they were in the 4 or 5 spot.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should Steph Curry really be a 2 time MVP winner?

I mean- a few guys can carry a team in the league. He is not one of them.

LeBron, Kawhi, Embiid, Jokic, Durant...maybe a couple others? maybe not?

I mean- i get why Curry won them- and the logic behind it--- but when you strip it down--- can you really say he was the most valuable player in the league when he cant carry a team?

predictably- they are .500 thus far. So few guys have won multiple MVPs in the league- its rare company. I know Curry is great- but are we kind of getting a little bit of a sight adjustment now?

was Curry ever one of the 5 best players in the NBA? I dont know. I think cases could be made both ways that are logical.
OK now you're just being dumb on purpose. What gives?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, you're doing it on purpose. If you knew anything about the NBA (starting to wonder...) you'd know every ring needs at least 2 big stars...except Larry Brown or Hakeem (Walton in Portland? Sonics in '79?)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @him saying the Lakers were on the playoff fringe when he got hurt. If memory serves, they were in the 4 or 5 spot.
Wiggy's in full "let's see what kind of dumb stuff I can say to rile up the SportsHoopla crowd" mode

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...

We are not talking about history.

We are talking about the players he teamed with.
Well, in year 1 he didn't even make the playoffs. You had to add AD into the mix for him to have success.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's where I'm at. Everyone needs help. Lebron has taken it to the next level. He's always left in search of a better supporting cast. The original argument was that Lebron wasn't drafted into a stable franchise/situations. My argument is that he's been there, in various places, yet has chosen to leave.

Brady's different. He immediately went to Tampa and they went from mediocre fledgling team, to Super Bowl champs in year 1. I've argued against Brady for the entirety of his career. And most of my arguments were around what he would do without Bellichick. I can't stand on that argument anymore.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're such a clown.
I usually ignore the bolded. Lebron should've been unanimous (in 2013 I believe). But yeah, Steph is definitely deserving of both his MVP awards.