• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De'Aaron Fox absolutely loves to put on a show when facing Lonzo Ball. Felt like he is the better player and should have been drafted ahead of Ball

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 166,627.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De'Aron Fox absolutely loves to put on a show when facing Lonzo Ball. Felt like he is the better player and should have been drafted ahead of Ball

A lot of guys should have been

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah that’s the other one I was thinking of, obviously not a star but underrated Finals MVP

They move the ball better with Allen. Drummond is a damn good player but not a great fit and takes shots away from the young guards.
right- and hes just not in their long term plans. Play the young guys and get them to mesh and take your lumps.

The front office is going to be forced to do something sooner than later when they see Allen playing like that and with Love due back soon.

they are trying to play drummond to get his value up and get a first rounder for him- even if its a late one- but if itsn ot going to happen its not going to happen.

I gotta give Drummond credit- hes playing his ass off- even on defense and making a really big difference on that end of the floor- but with Allen in town who can give them some + rim protection who they obviously want to be their long term you gotta make the move and clear it out a little bit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De'Aron Fox absolutely loves to put on a show when facing Lonzo Ball. Felt like he is the better player and should have been drafted ahead of Ball
I said that on draft night. I loved that guy in college. Too bad they havent been able to add dick around him. I feel like Haliburton is by far their best pick since him. Bagley is certainly not what they wanted him to be by a long shot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmarked the next time you hype up how good they are
they do have a lot of good young players.

you dont think that Sexton/Allen/Okoro/Garland is the start of a good young core?

you just dont win with young guys. No one does.

Garland played 4 games in college and then had a pandemic shortened season. Hes barely had a chance to play since high school

Okoro just turned 20 - he was a teenager at the start of the season

Allen is 22 and hasnt even been a starter yet (though he shoudlve been heind Jordan)

Sexton is the only one that has gotten some real development and look what he has done thus far.

throw all that together and the fact that they most of these guys have barely played together and you just arent going to win a lot---- but i like the talent.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do have a lot of good young players.

you dont think that Sexton/Allen/Okoro/Garland is the start of a good young core?

you just dont win with young guys. No one does.

Garland played 4 games in college and then had a pandemic shortened season. Hes barely had a chance to play since high school

Okoro just turned 20 - he was a teenager at the start of the season

Allen is 22 and hasnt even been a starter yet (though he shoudlve been heind Jordan)

Sexton is the only one that has gotten some real development and look what he has done thus far.

throw all that together and the fact that they most of these guys have barely played together and you just arent going to win a lot---- but i like the talent.

Sure you don't win rings, but you might be a .500 team and 8 seed. They are right now, and with Allen getting Drummond's minutes why not?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly as a fan that just makes not care in such a huge way. Its entertaining and im glad you posted it but for a guy not to be able to just shut it down for 5 days during the NBA finals on the road just shows something. just unreal. but thats why the guys like Duncan and LeBron and Curry and Durant win-- they actually really do care and take it seriously. As much as I disparage Jimmy he actually cares too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you don't win rings, but you might be a .500 team and 8 seed. They are right now, and with Allen getting Drummond's minutes why not?
ill bet you they finish 10th or below. what you want to bet? Knicks are playing to win- and Toronto and Miami will pass them. Atlanta is firmly better after all their signings of vets.

it would really come down to Orlando and Charlotte- and Charlotte is trying to win and has some guys and Hayward is playing pretty good basketball- maybe not all star baskebtall but not crazy far off.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is not the Lakers or the Heat. They aren’t a destination market for elite free agents unless they have a near contending roster already.

But they aren’t the Cavs either.

Cavs are in the bottom tier of the league in terms of free agent attractiveness just above Milwaukee, Utah and Minnesota.

I would bet on the Lakers or Heat winning in the next 25 years with totally new player cores beyond what they currently have. I wouldn’t bet on GS to do that.

But I wouldn’t bet against GS either. I would bet against Cleveland all day. GS is a more attractive market and has a much better chance of building future champions than Cleveland does.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after this run. With all of the tech stuff in that area, they may be a free agent destination after all. Maybe not to LA or Miami's level, but close. They mainly lack the weather of LA and Miami. But it's better than most of the rest of the league.