• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 zone had me like :

Jada Pinkett Smith Thats Interesting GIF by Red Table Talk

You can't rely on zone but with Thybulle and Simmons playing the front defenders in a 2-3 causes a LOT of problems for the other team. Thybulle had something like 11 deflections in the 4th quarter alone last night.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get a kick out of the random stat lines.

I read one earlier this week where Joel Embiid is the 2nd player ever to score more than 25 points a game on better than 65% true shooting. The other player? Steph Curry. Not sure which one is more impressive.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't rely on zone but with Thybulle and Simmons playing the front defenders in a 2-3 causes a LOT of problems for the other team. Thybulle had something like 11 deflections in the 4th quarter alone last night.
Simmons and Thybulle both had 4 steals and 2 blocks.
I think all of Thybulle's came in the 4th quarter alone.

Korkmaz, Thybulle, and Howard all played the majority of the 4th quarter.

Pretty sure Brett Brown wouldn't have done that........

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need to move some of those young players so they can start winning games now. The problem with having all young guys is that you can never win with all young guys and then those guys get frustrated and leave when their contracts free up.

Not sure what market is for Garland or Sexton but hard to imagine the Cavs ever contending for a title with both of those guys on the roster.

Teams can keep whoever they want for 4 years past their rookie deal right?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons and Thybulle both had 4 steals and 2 blocks.
I think all of Thybulle's came in the 4th quarter alone.

Korkmaz, Thybulle, and Howard all played the majority of the 4th quarter.

Pretty sure Brett Brown wouldn't have done that........

Yeah. That was 100% a game we lose if Brett Brown was still the coach.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. They have an advantage certainly but only if they are willing to give huge contracts to these young guys. Would the Cavs be willing to give a max or near max deal Garland?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. They have an advantage certainly but only if they are willing to give huge contracts to these young guys. Would the Cavs be willing to give a max or near max deal Garland?

Well obviously they are not going to have to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

Just like we don’t know that Kevin Love’s value went down after the extension?

We know. There is this think called common sense.
Yeah.....a guy going into his 3rd or 4th deal in his 30s is the same as a guy who just turned 21 on a rookie contract.

I was right the Chiefs would win last year's SB, so guess that means I can never be wrong again?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before the LeBron incident in the Finals, he would always flail his arms and legs when he got contact on a drive. That is how he tried to make it look like he was fouled.

He worked hard to change that habit after all the publicity in the 2016 playoffs.
The ones to Lebron and Adams were not while play was going on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Steven Adams and Draymond shook hands after the series. In an interview, Adams said it wasn't intentional. If Adams doesn't have a problem with Draymond, then why should anyone else?
wasn't there one to Adams when both were sitting and play not going on? Maybe I'm thinking of another incident.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiz really are in a predicament.

Having Westbrook is really what prevents them from actually rebuilding. I just dont know how you can do it with that contract.

Hachimura, Advidja, and Bryant (who just got a serious injury), are young players with promise. They are going to get another high pick.

They obviously have Beal who is great and is a life-long Wiz player that is beloved. At 27 he is right in his prime.

I wonder if they could try and deal Westbrook- and take some bad money back that is shorter in years by 1 year. RW has this year, next year, and the following year at 47M for a player option- and hes not turning that down.

Their only other long term money is Bertans (which again flabbergasts me).

I guess a large part of it comes down to if Hachimura and Avdija become core pieces.
Top 2 pick could certainly help.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously they are not going to have to.

Right. But that isn't the point.

Either Sexton and Garland are going to develop into legitimate all start level players or they won't. When their rookie contracts expire they will either get paid as the all star players they have become or paid less because they haven't developed into those players. But if the Cavs don't offer them money that other teams can't then they could just walk to find greener pastures.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the reason the CAvs lost-- they hit 4 3's....Twolves hit 16.

Cavs have had a nice start to the season but they are too young and still have a long way to go. I just hope the Knicks, Raptors, and Heat and probably ORlando get their shit together and pass them in the standings.

Cavs will lose Drummond too who has kind of been a faux life preserver.

Cavs have a good core of young guys- but they still need a ton of help on the wing, some 3 pt shooting, and plenty of time to develop the young guys. Sexton and Garland turned 22 and 21 this monthn. Okoro just turned 20.

They need this season to be about development- and not about going for a playoff spot and overachieving.

If the Celtics gave the CAvs their first rounder id trade him tonight. They dont need him getting them an extra 6-7 wins this season.

They need to develop Garland, Sexton, Allen, Okoro, Windler etc.....

plus see what they have in Prince- guy is only 26 and could be a nice 3 and D wing.
I'd definitely move him. Wow what a black hole down low. Did he pass out one time? Now if you need his scoring and need to win that's a different story.

wonder if JB just isn't a big fan of the 3 ball? Would think at 43% each garland and sexton should take a lot more than they do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need to move some of those young players so they can start winning games now. The problem with having all young guys is that you can never win with all young guys and then those guys get frustrated and leave when their contracts free up.

Not sure what market is for Garland or Sexton but hard to imagine the Cavs ever contending for a title with both of those guys on the roster.
Seems a bit premature. and why do they need to start winning games now? didn't Philly lose a lot of games with young guys? Did they all ask to leave when they got good?

Hard for any of those guys to leave any time soon unless that's what the Cavs want. Sexton has another year after this one, Garland 2 and Okoro 3. and even when they are free they are restricted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily 4, but to lose a guy after his rookie deal it would have to be because the team chose not to keep him as can match any offer.