• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be difficult seeing the Cavs buy him out. Buyouts usually occur for veterans or an overpriced player not living up to his contract. If the Cavs are in the playoff hunt I don’t see any reason for a buyout but I do see the Cavs trying to get back something for him bc he’s had a strong season. Maybe in order to sign with a competitive team he will lower his asking price for a future contract negotiations

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that Osman guy sucks. Shooting 37% from 3 with attempting a career high 7 a game lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be difficult seeing the Cavs buy him out. Buyouts usually occur for veterans or an overpriced player not living up to his contract. If the Cavs are in the playoff hunt I don’t see any reason for a buyout but I do see the Cavs trying to get back something for him bc he’s had a strong season. Maybe in order to sign with a competitive team he will lower his asking price for a future contract negotiations
What are you getting back that would match in salaries? The Cavs are over the cap as are most NBA teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks -2.5 damn near a lock.....Leonard and PG sitting out for COVID protocol.

Bet against the Clippers till they back.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Just don't see the point unless they are out of it come the trade deadline and they can't move him

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Pistons pulled off a nice win last night....

Yes, I know Embiid didn't play but the Pistons are the worst team in the League.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no chance the Cavs would buy him out. That doesnt make sense in any respect.

They will either trade him or just let him play it out. There is no circumstance where they would buy out Drummond.

McGee? maybe- but they will likely find a trade partner since his salary is low.

if no one wants to trade for Drummond they will just let him play out his deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you would think he'd be the piece to put them over the top. But in a buyout it functions as waivers no? Same reason as before you would think someone would claim him before Brooklyn.

You know...a guy top 10 in rebounds, steals, and blocks getting waived. Lol wtf
yah zero chance he is waived.

on the way in this morning Lloyd was being interviewed on 92.3. He previously said as soon as Allen was dealt the Cavs got calls on Drummond and McGee.

If the Cavs want to make a deal with Drummond they will. If not they will just keep his Bird rights and go into the offseason.

you just dont give away a guys Bird Rights like Drummond for nothing. To even suggest so is craziness.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping seeing Suggs ranked ahead of Cade but how do you pass on that size out of a guy that can handle the rock. I would take my chances on Cade

I thought Cade was nearly consensus no. 1 pick. I'd love to see Suggs as a Warrior next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that Osman guy sucks. Shooting 37% from 3 with attempting a career high 7 a game lol

Was watching the game last night and thought I was hearing things. The play by play guys called Osman Jedi multiple times. Didn't know that's his nickname. And what's your outlook for the Cavs now that the season's started, can they be a .500 team?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Pistons pulled off a nice win last night....

Yes, I know Embiid didn't play but the Pistons are the worst team in the League.

The Pistons fucked up. They should have kept Christian Wood. He's averaging 23.5 ppg, 10.8 reb's, 1.8 blks for the Rockets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you wouldn’t lol. Of course there is absolutely no value in buying in him out now. If they are in contention to make the playoffs as well.

I dont think he would be a good fit for the Lakers actually and I don’t expect him to change his game up to be more of a Dwight Howard big. I can see Lebron going apeshit when Drummond is double teamed putting his head down attacking the rim. Could he change his style for a more limited role, I’ve seen it rarely but it isn’t a consistent effort.
Kind of wish sexton would be more like him and shoot more. If he can keep shooting 45-50% from 3 no reason not to take at least 8-10 a game.