• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over now. Heat continue to fight shorthanded and lose. I hate this nba season. Baseball season can't get here faster

Pat Riley must have ran over Adam Silver's dog this offseason or something. Miami should have been sat out like they've done with other teams yet they keep making them play

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley must have ran over Adam Silver's dog this offseason or something. Miami should have been sat out like they've done with other teams yet they keep making them play

I get the argument a few games ago but they're just missing Butler and Bradley right?

Herro is out for his neck

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the argument a few games ago but they're just missing Butler and Bradley right?

Herro is out for his neck

Should have never been forced to play with 8 players twice....also with the new nba rules that seems to be changing weekly then the Heat would have had 4-5 games canceled as the NBA did with the Wiz and Grizzlies due to more than 1 covid case...would have been nice

The NBA is at fault for this anyway. I have no proof of this but i'm sure Jimmy and Bradley got covid from the Wizards. That game shouldn't have been played due to Beal close contact with Tatum the night before....but they had beal in the arena on the court a hour or 2 before the game. Likely other Wiz teammates had covid already which passed it on to Bradley and Butler who both played that night in Washington

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden 1-5 with 8 points in 34 minutes, with 4 min left to go in the game.

How long before he demands another trade?

It is pretty clear that he is going out of his way to make sure everyone else gets theirs.

While they clearly need him to be more aggressive, this is actually a good sign for the Nets long term. It signals that Harden really is trying to be a team player.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have never been forced to play with 8 players twice....also with the new nba rules that seems to be changing weekly then the Heat would have had 4-5 games canceled as the NBA did with the Wiz and Grizzlies due to more than 1 covid case...would have been nice

The NBA is at fault for this anyway. I have no proof of this but i'm sure Jimmy and Bradley got covid from the Wizards. That game shouldn't have been played due to Beal close contact with Tatum the night before....but they had beal in the arena on the court a hour or 2 before the game. Likely other Wiz teammates had covid already which passed it on to Bradley and Butler who both played that night in Washington

Agreed on 8. 9 is more reasonable

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on 8. 9 is more reasonable
yah.

playing with 8 is kinda crazy

some of the Cavs games where they a crazy lite roster were kinda bullshit. I mean, against hte Knicks Daymean Dotson was playing point guard. Lee Stevens played 21 minutes--- some how the Cavs won that game because Drummond went crazy with 33 and 23

Jazz game they had enough guys--- but a good amount were guys that were called up- or signed to emergency contracts like Ferrell and Bolden....Lee Stevens

Memphis too- they had 9 with Yogi Ferrell--- but missing Love, Sexton, Garland, Windler, Dellavadova, Exum,

this season is just going to be a little crazy.

If the Cavs do indeed keep up this nice little run- looking back on games like that Memphis game where they lost will be annoying.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a night for Bam though

Bam at 20, 9 and 5.5 on 61.7% is pretty incredible. Turnovers a little high- but you will get that with a big man getting 5.5 assists a night and handling the ball that much. FT percentage is awesome too at 86% with 6.5 free throws a game.

like Sexton with the Cavs- once the Heat get healthy and Butler and Herro are back the numbers will prob come down a little bit- but the efficiency is extremely good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton thus far this season--- 19.5 shots per game- 26.8 pts, 52.3% from the field, 46.8% from 3, 4.2 apg, and 2.4 boards per game.

his defense has actually been much improved thus season too. He actually is really strong- and has a big wing span for his size which should help his defense.

young players so rarely play good defense. I think Sexton has the ability to play pretty solid defense- esp. with how he plays the game.

Garland's defense worries me more. His body isnt like Sexton- he is slimmer, doesnt have quite the wing span.

Only way Cavs can go forward with those 2 guys starting in the back court is with a ++ defensive front court--- and with Nance and Allen they have that potential.

Okoro is only 19 and he is already playing above average NBA defense. He def. needs time to develop the rest of his game- but he wont be asked to score a whole lot.

it is a shame with Porter.

The Cavs need another wing for the long term. That COULD have been porter if he had his head on straight. Osman is fine as a 6th man- but hes not the defensive guy they need. He plays hard and tries on defense and has good size but the physical stuff really isnt there for a defender.

I think the Cavs are a litttle bit of fools gold right now--- since Drummond wont be aroudn long term and he has helped the defense a lot and Allen is only going to play 30 or so minutes a game when Drummond is gone.

Love, Nance, Allen is fine for the front court.

They need another wing. I wasnt that high on Prince when they dealt for him but maybe i should give him more of a chance. His defense is good. He is ahtletic---- his shooting with Brooklyn was done last year.

but i really think whatever the Cavs will be in a year or two- they still need another guy who can be a high impact wing---hopefully they can get a little lotto luck and get in this draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
telling you--- Jazz have always been one of the teams i like and root for since they got Mitchell and Gobert.

They look good this year. Conley looks really good

Mitchell is a real #1
Gobert is absolutely a #2, if not a 1b
Conley is plenty good to be a #3
Bogdonavic is a solid 4th best player

Joe Ingles is a very nice bench player. Jordan Clarkson is a great bench scorer/6th man.

Royce ONeale starting at the 4 is not exactly great--- but you cant have all 5 positions with a high level guy. At 6'4" its a little odd that he is the starting 4. His 3 point shooting is prob why though since he can def. stretch the floor.

Favors is a good backup big.

Right now id def. put them behind the Lakers and Clips of course- but they can definitely be the 3rd best team in the West this year and give those teams a good series.

with Nurkic hurt, and with Covington underperforming i think the Jazz have surpassed the Blazers.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Conley has had a better career than people give him credit for. He's been overshadowed in the PG heavy west. If he had been in the East he probably would have like 5 or 6 all star appearances

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty clear that he is going out of his way to make sure everyone else gets theirs.

While they clearly need him to be more aggressive, this is actually a good sign for the Nets long term. It signals that Harden really is trying to be a team player.
Irving just isn't on the same wavelength as KD and Harden.