• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is 30 years old. He is avergaging 2.8 points, 5.4 apg, 5.5 rpg

When Rodman was 30 years old he was still on the Pistons averaging OVER 18 rebounds per game and winning BACK TO BACK defensive players of the year at age 30 and 31.

dude.

i am glad you layed off the peyote until the weekend...
Gotta remember, almost all of your takes are wrong so....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is 30 years old. He is avergaging 2.8 points, 5.4 apg, 5.5 rpg

When Rodman was 30 years old he was still on the Pistons averaging OVER 18 rebounds per game and winning BACK TO BACK defensive players of the year at age 30 and 31.

dude.

i am glad you layed off the peyote until the weekend...
Green shouldn’t ever be used in the same sentence as Rodman but especially at this point in his career.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...something that surprised me when I learned (as even as a fan I thought he was a lot older) was he played his last game at age 28.
Yeah, very few retire willingly at that age.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green shouldn’t ever be used in the same sentence as Rodman but especially at this point in his career.
at the age of 35, for the 1996 Bulls championship team- Rodman was still averaging over 16 rebounds a game and playing top flight NBA defense earning ALL NBA FIRST TEAM honors defensively.

he made 6 ALL NBA Defensive first teams and 1 2nd team in his career and 2 all nba 3rd teams. 2 DPOY of the year awards. Multiple rebounding titles.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are blind

Its hard to compare eras. Rodman would not be near as valuable now. But in his day its hard to argue relative to his peers that Dray is better.

But for this team and the offense they run...Dray is very very important.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta remember, almost all of your takes are wrong so....
But that’s the thing on this one. There is absolutely no way Draymond can close to what Rodman did at this point in his career. Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder his entire career. Honestly, I wouldn’t even use Rodman as a comparison for Green even when Green was in his prime. Green was more of a facilitator. They are different players to an extent. But even if Green was “elite” for 3-4 more years he STILL wouldn’t be anywhere close to where Rodman was. Rodman was so much better and it’s not even close.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...andre Drummond would be a fucking machine in the 90's. A guy who can do all that and score in the low post? But today.....not quite as valuable.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to compare eras. Rodman would not be near as valuable now. But in his day its hard to argue relative to his peers that Dray is better.

That's a better way to say it, agreed.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...but that was just listing facts. Not really a take.
Wiggy is obviously a close observer of the game but when it comes to certain teams he always lets bias mess up his takes, especially with the Heat, Lakers, Warriors, and Cavs.

We all have bias of course but we don't all let it cloud our judgement as much as he does

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, very few retire willingly at that age.
Yep.....thinking he was older than he was probably because he played 3-4 years of college in addition to I think 8-9 years in NBA. Forgot he was very young when he entered college (17 maybe). Back just gave out on him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a better way to say it, agreed.

Thats basically what we do in the mock drafts. Take a player relative to his era. Because eras are hard to judge. At least for the NBA and NFL. Baseball is more about stats.

I don't think anyone would say Rodman would be a better fit for the warriors.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that’s the thing on this one. There is absolutely no way Draymond can close to what Rodman did at this point in his career. Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder his entire career. Honestly, I wouldn’t even use Rodman as a comparison for Green even when Green was in his prime. Green was more of a facilitator. They are different players to an extent. But even if Green was “elite” for 3-4 more years he STILL wouldn’t be anywhere close to where Rodman was. Rodman was so much better and it’s not even close.
Agree they are different and I might be giving Rodman too little credit on his defense.

They have a lot of similarities though, starting with not scoring much but that not mattering to their value. In today's game Draymond is at least as valuable overall.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodman was just a freak of nature

he could fly to Vegas between NBA Finals game and still be unreal at an age where most guys are bench scum. There is a better chance Draymond wont even be in the league at 35- then playing at a decent level.----- certainly not winning all nba 1st team defense and averaging 16 boards a game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Rodman was a defensive monster in his day. Green is very good defensively. What made Green so valuable was his role as a distributor as well. I don't think he was nearly the defensive presence that Rodman was.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he could fly to Vegas between NBA Finals game and still be unreal at an age where most guys are bench scum. There is a better chance Draymond wont even be in the league at 35- then playing at a decent level.----- certainly not winning all nba 1st team defense and averaging 16 boards a game.
He was many kinds of freak LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is obviously a close observer of the game but when it comes to certain teams he always lets bias mess up his takes, especially with the Heat, Lakers, Warriors, and Cavs.

We all have bias of course but we don't all let it cloud our judgement as much as he does
And he's had some where I thought he was way off base (Butler, for instance), but cannot really dispute the facts he and others have given. I cannot say I remember looking much at defensive metrics when Rodman played but sure seemed like he was every bit the defender. But Green is regressing and he's barely 30. Rodman did his thing well into his 30s.

I don't disagree Green might be more valuable to the title winning GS teams, but thinking they could have used Rodman's elite rebounding as well when they went small.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree they are different and I might be giving Rodman too little credit on his defense.

They have a lot of similarities though, starting with not scoring much but that not mattering to their value. In today's game Draymond is at least as valuable overall.

D

Yep. I don't see Green quite reaching Rodman's fame or historical relevance even having been part of a dynasty.

But again it is tricky when you look at it from today's game. Dray is a better fit.