• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand recency-bias

but last year Butler was at 20, 7 and 6 on 45.5% shooting and poor FT shooting. 3 year average is about just under 20 points, just under 5 assists, just under 6 reboudns per game on about 46.5% shooting- and poor 3 pt shooting and very good defense. So far this year he has barely played because he has been injured and when he has played hes been poor---- not that it means much at this point. AT this point in his career- last year was probably about as good as we could hope for.

Young guys that are ascending on solid teams like the Pacers and Suns- who have the ability to still take their game up a level seem a better bet for me this year.

we shall see by how it goes.

i can listen to an argument on booker and sabonis

i jsut cant on Embiid. That's foolish at this point. As long as Embiid can stay healthy (which is admittedlya big IF)- the new management and new coaching seems to have straightened out the Sixers issues (that were never talent)- but how they meshed and played together. Embiid can do it all. Score, pass, rebound, plaey D.

Embiid should be a top 5 player. He isn't because he doesn't GAF when it counts.

Imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was def. due and had a chip on his shoulder after the previous Blazers game. Amazing performance

AND Wiggins shot 50% from the field!!!
Wiggins absolutely needs to play well in order for us to have a shot to win. In their three wins he's averaging:

22.3 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 3 APG, 46% FG, 50% 3PT, +40

In their three losses:

13.3 PPG, 4 RPG, 0.6 APG, 32% FG, 23% 3PT, -73

Holy hell what a huge difference. LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was def. due and had a chip on his shoulder after the previous Blazers game. Amazing performance

AND Wiggins shot 50% from the field!!!

So exactly what year will the Cavs be better than the Heat? Only ask because you did say the Cavs will turn everything around before the Heat.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk for a second how crazy it is for a Center right now to be leading the league in Assists?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk for a second how crazy it is for a Center right now to be leading the league in Assists?

I don't think Jokic gets the recognition he deserves nationally. He's not flashy. Looks like he's lumbering up and down the court all the time. Doesn't have monster dunks. If he's not the most complete C in the league who do you think is? Just wondering.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Thought we were going to lose again but we managed to pull it off....

I forget his name. The TE (or is he a wr?) that set the franchise record for receptions in a season. Nice story about him turning things around after some drug issues. I immediately thought of Josh Gordon. Too bad his inner demons have gotten the better of him. He had a chance to be something special.

About your Raiders. You expect any big roster or coaching (not Chucky) changes this off season? Or anything you'd like to see happen?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins absolutely needs to play well in order for us to have a shot to win. In their three wins he's averaging:

In their three losses:

Damn. Those are some crazy numbers. Seems like two different players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of those teams would prefer Butler over their guys.

Booker is 24, coming into his prime.

Embiid is probably the best big man in the league beside Davis and maybe Jokic.

Sabonis took a huge leap to all star level last year when he went for 21, 9 and 7 while shooting about 57% from the field. As big as that jump was- it looks like he is taking another jump this year.

Jimmy Butler got hot for 3 weeks during the freak-show against teams that suffered major injury issues to all star caliber players. Probably a top 20 guy- but towards the back of it, and less valuable than Booker, Embiid or Sabonis.

I am shocked that you would suggest he is better than Embiid. Maybe- at 24 years old- you can make an argument for Booker or Sabonis.

But Embiid is clearly better.

Ill be the first to rip on Kyrie's craziness and off the court BS- and i have- but the fact is the guy is basically unstoppable on offense. If you want to ding him for his past injury concerns i can listen to that- but hes basically 25-7-5 with great efficiency when healthy. -- hes not quite 50/40/90 shooting but he is damn close on a lot of volume. thats crazy.
I do agree, that was the best Butler played in his career and it wasn’t close. I think it did give the Heat false expectations for the future. I guess he was just locked in, not sure if he is injured right now or what but I don’t expect him to ever play at that level again. They still need a #1 or at least a #2. Bam and Jimmy are nice but that isn’t getting it done vs these other teams imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In their three losses:

Yeah more consistent but that’s one of the dings on him. He isn’t consistent and defensive effort and play. I can’t say about his defensive play...has that improved or stayed the same?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how young he is and already you can say he is the best passing big man of all-time!! lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah more consistent but that’s one of the dings on him. He isn’t consistent and defensive effort and play. I can’t say about his defensive play...has that improved or stayed the same?

His defense has been actually pretty good. A few lapses here and there but the effort for the most part has been good. Definitely better than he was in Minnesota, yet probably not as good as he can be.

Edit: His last 3 games he's averaging over 2 blocks a game. Coming from a wing that's pretty great. He doesn't have a ton of steals, but him and Oubre are usually taking the toughest on-ball assignments.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget his name. The TE (or is he a wr?) that set the franchise record for receptions in a season. Nice story about him turning things around after some drug issues. I immediately thought of Josh Gordon. Too bad his inner demons have gotten the better of him. He had a chance to be something special.

About your Raiders. You expect any big roster or coaching (not Chucky) changes this off season? Or anything you'd like to see happen?
TE Darren Waller. He's like another WR out there.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re-sign Waller and Agoholor and get another pass rusher to help out Crosby. We need to upgrade the defense badly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a week in but crazy the Cavs beat the 1 loss 76ers team and they have the 2nd best defensive rating. Tough slate with 2 vs ORL and then MIL. Also, held the Hawks, the best offensive team, to 91 points. We will see, the big have been GREAT defensively early.