• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Blake Griffin is a net negative. God i hope he declines his option.

Out here hoisting 10 3 pointers. Wtf
Why the he'll would he decline his option? Its not like he'll get that money somewhere else. Unless he really wants a ring and is willing to come off the bench at a discount with a contender; but I'd give that about 2% likelihood over banking the Pistons money.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the he'll would he decline his option? Its not like he'll get that money somewhere else. Unless he really wants a ring and is willing to come off the bench at a discount with a contender; but I'd give that about 2% likelihood over banking the Pistons money.

I carry a small hope he actually cares about winning

Foolish I know. He is just out here destroying any remote trade value he had.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I carry a small hope he actually cares about winning

Foolish I know. He is just out here destroying any remote trade value he had.

That ship sailed long ago.

His trade value evaporated around the time the Pistons dealt for him. Maybe before actually.

The BG trade was an absolute coup by the Clippers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None whatsoever lol

Gotta say I'm impressed with Sadiq Bey. 21 years old so he came in ready to play. Hes definitely better than Sekou

And Josh Jackson...where the hell is this coming from but dude seems to be turning it around (minus the ankle injury last night)

So yes...they are better served with those two playing over Blake.
im the captain now GIF

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one from last dance where MJ said "and i took that personally"

Steph was talking about all the clowns disrespecting him. They better put some respect on his name
Oh ok, got it. He was using MJs quote, now I get it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

But hes bailing on his strengths that made him so dominant

Yes and no.

His superior athleticism is what made him good. He isn’t nearly as explosive as he was when he first entered the league. I don’t think he has bailed on his strengths as much as his strengths have changed.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

His superior athleticism is what made him good. He isn’t nearly as explosive as he was when he first entered the league. I don’t think he has bailed on his strengths as much as his strengths have changed.

65 percent of his field goal have been threes. He basically doesn't play defense now and he isn't putting the work in on offense to get inside. He was actually an effective passer out of the post 2 years ago.

I get knee injuries are limiting him from what he was but this is ridiculous

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short I think he's trying to extend his career by playing this way and its hurting the team in a major way. This isn't a small difference as to when he is on the court its substantial. They're actually competitive when he's off the floor. They're the worst team in the league when he's on it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

Yeah.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a real coincidence that Steph scored 62 yesterday and had the ball in his hands a large majority of the game. That won't always be the case, but he's at his best with this squad right now being the focal point instead of a cog in the offense. I've been on Kerr for not allowing Steph more high ball screens and last night that was primarily what he was getting. He had 50 points with only 6 made threes. What does that mean? It means he was getting to the basket more, playing downhill. He took guys off the dribble. It also helps that the Blazers are a terrible defensive team. But for this year and probably going forward, this is what needs to happen. We can't simply replicate 2015-2019 because we won't be able to assemble the same set of pieces. We need to alter course. Last night was a great start, but we'll see what happens going forward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie isn't a top 10 player lol.

Having Giannis over Bron is hilarious. This list is shitty based
I mean Giannis is a 2 time back to back MVP winner and just won DPOY.

I think its fair to say if you switched Giannis and LeBron the Lakers still win and the Bucks still lose last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have already been mentioned but what a game Steph had last night. Maybe the greatest shooter in league history. If it's not him not sure who it is. Only a matter of time before he breaks Allen's all time 3 record.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid, Booker and Sabonis ahead of Jimmy Butler is pretty funny too.
none of those teams would prefer Butler over their guys.

Booker is 24, coming into his prime.

Embiid is probably the best big man in the league beside Davis and maybe Jokic.

Sabonis took a huge leap to all star level last year when he went for 21, 9 and 7 while shooting about 57% from the field. As big as that jump was- it looks like he is taking another jump this year.

Jimmy Butler got hot for 3 weeks during the freak-show against teams that suffered major injury issues to all star caliber players. Probably a top 20 guy- but towards the back of it, and less valuable than Booker, Embiid or Sabonis.

I am shocked that you would suggest he is better than Embiid. Maybe- at 24 years old- you can make an argument for Booker or Sabonis.

But Embiid is clearly better.

Ill be the first to rip on Kyrie's craziness and off the court BS- and i have- but the fact is the guy is basically unstoppable on offense. If you want to ding him for his past injury concerns i can listen to that- but hes basically 25-7-5 with great efficiency when healthy. -- hes not quite 50/40/90 shooting but he is damn close on a lot of volume. thats crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand recency-bias

but last year Butler was at 20, 7 and 6 on 45.5% shooting and poor FT shooting. 3 year average is about just under 20 points, just under 5 assists, just under 6 reboudns per game on about 46.5% shooting- and poor 3 pt shooting and very good defense. So far this year he has barely played because he has been injured and when he has played hes been poor---- not that it means much at this point. AT this point in his career- last year was probably about as good as we could hope for.

Young guys that are ascending on solid teams like the Pacers and Suns- who have the ability to still take their game up a level seem a better bet for me this year.

we shall see by how it goes.

i can listen to an argument on booker and sabonis

i jsut cant on Embiid. That's foolish at this point. As long as Embiid can stay healthy (which is admittedlya big IF)- the new management and new coaching seems to have straightened out the Sixers issues (that were never talent)- but how they meshed and played together. Embiid can do it all. Score, pass, rebound, plaey D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a real coincidence that Steph scored 62 yesterday and had the ball in his hands a large majority of the game. That won't always be the case, but he's at his best with this squad right now being the focal point instead of a cog in the offense. I've been on Kerr for not allowing Steph more high ball screens and last night that was primarily what he was getting. He had 50 points with only 6 made threes. What does that mean? It means he was getting to the basket more, playing downhill. He took guys off the dribble. It also helps that the Blazers are a terrible defensive team. But for this year and probably going forward, this is what needs to happen. We can't simply replicate 2015-2019 because we won't be able to assemble the same set of pieces. We need to alter course. Last night was a great start, but we'll see what happens going forward.
he was def. due and had a chip on his shoulder after the previous Blazers game. Amazing performance

AND Wiggins shot 50% from the field!!!