• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jokic gets the recognition he deserves nationally. He's not flashy. Looks like he's lumbering up and down the court all the time. Doesn't have monster dunks. If he's not the most complete C in the league who do you think is? Just wondering.
Agreed, he just goes to work every day. A quality that is not valued nearly enough.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure he wants to be a leader?

Of course he wants to be a leader. Have you already forgotten about his epic playoff series against the Bucks in the semi's two seasons ago? Oh wait a minute. It was epic already. Just for all the wrong reasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games without KD.

Utah
Philly
@ Memphis
OKC

Utah- Kyrie has a great game
Philly- Kyrie has an okay game
Memphis- has a terrible game (more TO's than buckets)
OKC- calls a press conference to tell everyone he's not talking to the media and rules himself out for the game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to say if you switched Giannis and LeBron the Lakers still win and the Bucks still lose last year.

lol
none of those teams would prefer Butler over their guys.

Booker is 24, coming into his prime.

Embiid is probably the best big man in the league beside Davis and maybe Jokic.

Sabonis took a huge leap to all star level last year when he went for 21, 9 and 7 while shooting about 57% from the field. As big as that jump was- it looks like he is taking another jump this year.

Jimmy Butler got hot for 3 weeks during the freak-show against teams that suffered major injury issues to all star caliber players. Probably a top 20 guy- but towards the back of it, and less valuable than Booker, Embiid or Sabonis.

I am shocked that you would suggest he is better than Embiid. Maybe- at 24 years old- you can make an argument for Booker or Sabonis.

But Embiid is clearly better.

Ill be the first to rip on Kyrie's craziness and off the court BS- and i have- but the fact is the guy is basically unstoppable on offense. If you want to ding him for his past injury concerns i can listen to that- but hes basically 25-7-5 with great efficiency when healthy. -- hes not quite 50/40/90 shooting but he is damn close on a lot of volume. thats crazy.

lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you like a youngster.....like Embiid or Booker......or a seasoned vet that took a young Miami Heat team to the Finals?

In a landslide......Butler.....because he is flexible enough to play SG or SF if you already 1 of the other on your team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler got hot for 3 weeks during the freak-show against teams that suffered major injury issues to all star caliber players. Probably a top 20 guy- but towards the back of it, and less valuable than Booker, Embiid or Sabonis.

What team suffered major injuries?

Pacers got SWEPT by the Heat. They're not winning that series with Sabonis. Maybe they get a game. TJ Warren was a bubble god and was supposed to eat up the Heat....Remember you picked Pacers in 7 KNOWING Sabonis was out right? Stop the BS

Heat were up 3-0 on the Bucks before Giannis got hurt.

As for Celtics, they beat the Raptors who damn near everyone considered better than the Heat WITHOUT Gordon. Hayward came back and played 4 of the 6 games in the ECF.

Just say you hate Jimmy Butler and move on because this reasoning is stupid.