• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Mandela

OR...hear me out...instead of forfeiting 33M, get vaccinated and play and donate all of that money to those who have lost their jobs due to this stance. If you're not anti-vaccine or anti-science, you get vaccinated. You donate all your money to this cause and EVERY post game interview you lead off with something regarding the people who aren't being heard about the status.

He's just trying to cover his own ass. We all know the truth in that he just doesn't want the vaccine. Don't try to play it up like you're doing this for the unheard. Kyrie does a ton of amazing stuff off the court and just imagine what he could do with another 33M donated. Imagine the message and the amount of coverage nightly he would get on being one of the best teams in the NBA. Every interview he does.

C'mon now...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR...hear me out...instead of forfeiting 33M, get vaccinated and play and donate all of that money to those who have lost their jobs due to this stance. If you're not anti-vaccine or anti-science, you get vaccinated. You donate all your money to this cause and EVERY post game interview you lead off with something regarding the people who aren't being heard about the status.

He's just trying to cover his own ass. We all know the truth in that he just doesn't want the vaccine. Don't try to play it up like you're doing this for the unheard. Kyrie does a ton of amazing stuff off the court and just imagine what he could do with another 33M donated. Imagine the message and the amount of coverage nightly he would get on being one of the best teams in the NBA. Every interview he does.

C'mon now...

At this point i don't think it matters what the cause or prevailing topic is...he is going to be a contrarian on it. The nba could say "we need everyone to wear black shoes" and he'd throw a fit about how wearing black shoes is an example of the NBA enforcing undue policies on the players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely signed for depth due to the THT and Ariza injuries. As a 2 way player, he can be up with the Lakers until those 2 are back, then go to the G League for more minutes. Talented but very raw still.
he is still super young and has a lot of lenth and athletic ability. I think hes a good guy to take a gamble on and try and develop.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk also could potentially start at the 2.
He was the surprising signing. A player young enough that they can still tap into their potential and coming off a career best season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as i can tell Pat Riley is still the guy that gave a bunch of money to Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly Olnyk- and didnt do much of anything- until he had a blip of success during The Freak Show-- and then followed that up with a whole lot of nothing.

We shall see.

when Riley retires a couple years from now- someone is gonna be left with a steaming bag of poo as well. Committing 70-80 million to Lowry and Butler a year in their mid to late thirties doesnt sound like a great recipe- ESPECIALLY in a year or two----- but at this point he is not looking at the long term- that is for sure.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see Ellington as the Lakers version of Lemon Pepper Lou. Instant offense off the bench. DJ is right that he's a little underrated as a defender, but I think Baze is still a better overall defender.
Maybe the Lakers were so bad when he played on them.....I don't remember him right?

He just didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely Baze starts at the 3 IMO. He's going to be full time at the 3 with THT and Ariza out and the Lakers have plenty of other options at the 2.
Melo will most likely start at the 3. James at the 4.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as i can tell Pat Riley is still the guy that gave a bunch of money to Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly Olnyk- and didnt do much of anything- until he had a blip of success during The Freak Show-- and then followed that up with a whole lot of nothing.

We shall see.

when Riley retires a couple years from now- someone is gonna be left with a steaming bag of poo as well. Committing 70-80 million to Lowry and Butler a year in their mid to late thirties doesnt sound like a great recipe- ESPECIALLY in a year or two----- but at this point he is not looking at the long term- that is for sure.
But, a lot respect Riles and the job he's done.

Face it. You lost that battle.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo will most likely start at the 3. James at the 4.
LeBron hated playing against bigs when he was young.

It makes a ton of sense for him to play the 4 more- and if he commits to it- I think its a very smart idea. The Lakers best and most versatile lineups will be with Davis playing the 5 and LeBron the 4. It gives them a huge advantage. Historically both of those guys have heavily resisted playing those positions though- and age and injuries havent helped that part of the equation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, a lot respect Riles and the job he's done.

Face it. You lost that battle.
historically sure- ihave said over and over again he is a hall of famer

i just havent been impressed by much of anything he has done since LeBron left and I believe the record has born that out.

He has put this team together for one last shot over the next couple years. We shall see if it is fruitful or not.

with the advantage of having a team in Miami- i certainly cant say he has been the best in the leauge like that insane poll. Milwaukee- grows a home grown star, makes a ton of good trades and signings, and hires a good coach to support him and won a ship. The Raptors won a championship making a great gamble with Kawhi Leonard.

me or you could convince guys to go play in Miami and have as good or better track record as Riley and co. since post-LeBron. Being in a glamour city with no state income tax is about as big as an advantage as any team in the league owns based on simple geography. What is Cali's top bracket state income tax? creeping on 10%? more? (just looked it up 13.3%!!! YOWSER!- how is the state broke?)

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
historically sure- ihave said over and over again he is a hall of famer

i just havent been impressed by much of anything he has done since LeBron left and I believe the record has born that out.

He has put this team together for one last shot over the next couple years. We shall see if it is fruitful or not.

with the advantage of having a team in Miami- i certainly cant say he has been the best in the leauge like that insane poll. Milwaukee- grows a home grown star, makes a ton of good trades and signings, and hires a good coach to support him and won a ship. The Raptors won a championship making a great gamble with Kawhi Leonard.

me or you could convince guys to go play in Miami and have as good or better track record as Riley and co. since post-LeBron. Being in a glamour city with no state income tax is about as big as an advantage as any team in the league owns based on simple geography. What is Cali's top bracket state income tax? creeping on 10%? more? (just looked it up 13.3%!!! YOWSER!- how is the state broke?)
Lost his fastball.

Butler.

Etc.