• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no rule in the NBA that states that Kyrie has to get vaccinated. De Blasio's asinine vaccine mandate is preventing Irving from playing in Brooklyn.

Albeit rare, there is the chance that Kyrie could have an adverse reaction to the vaccine, which could potentially impact his career in basketball. This happened to Brandon Goodwin who's career was assumingly cut short due to blood clots caused by the vaccine.

Sorry but I don't believe him

But my point was to the people kyrie is allegedly representing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I don't believe him

But my point was to the people kyrie is allegedly representing

My issue is with how he's trying to play this. He just wants to talk "at" people rather than talk "with" people about it. So, he makes these public statements about these "voiceless" people that he's trying to support...but when folks ask questions he "wants his privacy respected".

Can't have it both ways.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anecodotal and for what it's worth...

It's homecoming week at my high school. As part of the occasion, kids are allowed to dress up according to a separate theme each day of the week.

Anywho: one theme day was "sports jerseys"

The #1 sports jersey I witnessed in the halls on that day was Kyrie Irving.

:L :tsk: :L :tsk:
That’s us today. Most of what I saw was Embiid and Ertz. Simmons and Wentz jerseys used to be popular on this day in years past but not anymore. But my favorite jersey was the kid in my class with the Jackie Moon Tropics jersey.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is with how he's trying to play this. He just wants to talk "at" people rather than talk "with" people about it. So, he makes these public statements about these "voiceless" people that he's trying to support...but when folks ask questions he "wants his privacy respected".

Can't have it both ways.

Not to mention the anti covid vaccine group is hardly voiceless.

As has been stated if he wasn't against the vaccine as much as the workplace scenarios arising from mandates then he can make a much bigger impact by playing and making his position known. Right now (as usual) it just seems to be about his general desire to be a pain in the ass at all times.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't have it both ways.
He wants to speak for the people, yet he puts himself on a pedestal. Blasphemy. He wonders why nobody respects his opinion or believes him. It just sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. If the league made players wear white socks he would say that he is opposed and wants to sit out for personal reasons and he is used a specific example while everyone else follows the rules. You get paid a shit ton of money to play basketball as your profession-he’s just comes across as one of those whiney little bitches that questions everything just to do it. He has no reason. Like you said, he says stupid things to get a reaction but then when people ask questions he wants his privacy. Grow up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to speak for the people, yet he puts himself on a pedestal. Blasphemy. He wonders why nobody respects his opinion or believes him. It just sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. If the league made players wear white socks he would say that he is opposed and wants to sit out for personal reasons and he is used a specific example while everyone else follows the rules. You get paid a shit ton of money to play basketball as your profession-he’s just comes across as one of those whiney little bitches that questions everything just to do it. He has no reason. Like you said, he says stupid things to get a reaction but then when people ask questions he wants his privacy. Grow up

Yeah, I actually agree with much of what he says. I don't agree with his stance on people losing their jobs because their employer decided to have vaccine mandates...the employer made a decision knowing it could cost them customers and employees and the employee made a decision knowing it could cost them their job...both get to live with the consequences. But as far as what the rest of his views seem to be regarding government mandates and folks going after each other over this stuff...I do agree.

But even then, I'm not sure because he won't answer any questions, so we don't know for sure exactly what he thinks. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with Kyrie. There's legitimate arguments in terms of the choice of freedom for the vaccine. Given Kyrie's behavior in terms of his constant protests about anything and everything, you take his stance with a grain of salt as you question if this is just for theatrics. And that's the sad part, because he very well could have legit concerns, but he's established a pattern already.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with Kyrie. There's legitimate arguments in terms of the choice of freedom for the vaccine. Given Kyrie's behavior in terms of his constant protests about anything and everything, you take his stance with a grain of salt as you question if this is just for theatrics. And that's the sad part, because he very well could have legit concerns, but he's established a pattern already.

Everything he does is for theatrics. Remember when he wanted the players to quit on the bubble playoffs even though HE WAS NOT IN THE BUBBLE

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That has got to be exhausting for him and the players. Imo, if they don't win the title this year, "Kyrie fatigue" will likely be part of the reason why.

I swear there have got to be times where KD just throws his hands in the air and says "I gave up the Warriors for this shit?" He and Dray may noit have gotten along...but he at least knew that Dray was going to show up for all the games. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has got to be exhausting for him and the players. Imo, if they don't win the title this year, "Kyrie fatigue" will likely be part of the reason why.

I swear there have got to be times where KD just throws his hands in the air and says "I gave up the Warriors for this shit?" He and Dray may noit have gotten along...but he at least knew that Dray was going to show up for all the games. lol

I mean, I don't feel for KD....like, at all. He had it made with the Warriors. He dropped a perfect functional situation to play with Kyrie.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I don't feel for KD....like, at all. He had it made with the Warriors. He dropped a perfect functional situation to play with Kyrie.

Yeah, I don't feel bad for him either. It was his choice to go. Still has to be frustrating as hell though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is the dumbest player in the league.

18 year vet playing like a rookie or 2nd year player.

Silly flagrant foul as always

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 personal fouls (1 flagrant) in 6 minutes of action for Dwight.

Can't make this up

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some pretty major changes in here

The players % would need to easily cross 60% to be even a remotely fair deal

Also, bring back making it easier to do sign and trades