• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Wiz traded the first round pick they got from the Lakers for Aaron Holliday?

like seriously. wtf.

they dropped down from 22 to 31

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook does not just rely on explosiveness, he has a motor that may have never been seen before.

Motor and fast-twitch (explosiveness) are two completely things. I never questioned Westbrook's motor. What makes Westbrook elite is his athletic ability that's explosive. That's the point.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motor and fast-twitch (explosiveness) are two completely things. I never questioned Westbrook's motor. What makes Westbrook elite is his athletic ability that's explosive. That's the point.
If you say so

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are the real evil empire. They have a farm like the Rays and they spend like the Yankees. I was never this guy 5-10 years ago but I think it’s time for MLB to invoke a cap and a ceiling. The only way to do it though would be revenue sharing with local tv money. Not sure how they would get the big franchises to be ok with that though.

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence about caps in general. On the one hand, I feel like a team should be able to pay players whatever they and the player can agree on.

On the other, I can see where going "uncapped" could create an even bigger advantage for teams in "destination cities".

I do think that if there's going to be a cap, it should be a hard cap. But then, that's not really fair to guys like Lebron, Embiid, KD, etc. because, with a cap, they never get paid what they are actually worth.

And yes, I understand it's kind of absurd to say folks at that income level are actually underpaid. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are the real evil empire. They have a farm like the Rays and they spend like the Yankees. I was never this guy 5-10 years ago but I think it’s time for MLB to invoke a cap and a ceiling. The only way to do it though would be revenue sharing with local tv money. Not sure how they would get the big franchises to be ok with that though.

I prefer "well run organization" to "evil empire". lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence about caps in general. On the one hand, I feel like a team should be able to pay players whatever they and the player can agree on.

On the other, I can see where going "uncapped" could create an even bigger advantage for teams in "destination cities".

I do think that if there's going to be a cap, it should be a hard cap. But then, that's not really fair to guys like Lebron, Embiid, KD, etc. because, with a cap, they never get paid what they are actually worth.

And yes, I understand it's kind of absurd to say folks at that income level are actually underpaid. lol
I agree with that premise. For example, there’s no way the Bulls could ever pay MJ a salary that was truly representative of the financial windfall he brought them specifically and also the entirety of the NBA. That’s often the case where when someone rises to the highest level in their industry that they can’t really be paid what their true value is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside signed a min. deal to be the Jazz's 4th or 5th big man. i figured he would get a roster spot somewhere, but thought there was a chance hed be out of the league.

4th or 5th big man?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favors is gone. Azubuike should not play ahead of him. From my perspective seems like he is backup to Rudy

Reactions: DJ

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that premise. For example, there’s no way the Bulls could ever pay MJ a salary that was truly representative of the financial windfall he brought them specifically and also the entirety of the NBA. That’s often the case where when someone rises to the highest level in their industry that they can’t really be paid what their true value is.
That’s the bad side of unions, workers are marginalized to some degree. It generally sorts itself out in non union settings though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins did the right thing and took that 5/125 the Hawks offered
My guess is they were haggling over the 5th being guaranteed or a player option

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is LA though.

They will be fine as long as AD is there. They can attract another star to play with him.
Yup. This is fine. They have no bad long term deals beyond these 2 years with bron like they did woth kuz.

they can clearly get guys to take less and come to la.

they will have Max cap space when bron retires and at least they aren’t wasting money on long term deals like they did when they were trying to expectable Kobe’s last few years and crippled the franchise

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just read an article about how nick saban is wildly underpaid for what he’s brought to the school itself beyond football revenue

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steal for that price
I’m elated. I thought he was gone. Sixers lost Howard and Hill so his veteran leadership will be really needed. Dude has been a part of groups that have climbed the mountain multiple times. His defense becomes even more valuable if/when Simmons gets dealt.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m elated. I thought he was gone. Sixers lost Howard and Hill so his veteran leadership will be really needed. Dude has been a part of groups that have climbed the mountain multiple times. His defense becomes even more valuable if/when Simmons gets dealt.

everyone ran out of cap space.

my guess is boston wanted year 2 to be a team option

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Wiz traded the first round pick they got from the Lakers for Aaron Holliday?

like seriously. wtf.

indiana won this 5 team trade

they turned Aaron holiday and 2 seconds into the 22 pick.

they shed money and got the pick

I don’t love who they used it on, but I get the move in general