• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. This is fine. They have no bad long term deals beyond these 2 years with bron like they did woth kuz.

they can clearly get guys to take less and come to la.

they will have Max cap space when bron retires and at least they aren’t wasting money on long term deals like they did when they were trying to expectable Kobe’s last few years and crippled the franchise
this guy gets it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook does not just rely on explosiveness, he has a motor that may have never been seen before.

He will always compete.

But as he loses explosiveness, he will be a less effective player.

He does not have a skill set that projects to age gracefully if/when he isn’t able to beat everyone off the dribble and finish over/through help defenders.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

I guess playing in LA wasn't all that important to him after all. Or maybe he just didn't want to go to the Clippers knowing Kawhi will likely be out for the season?

Gotta say, I've been critical of PG and have questioned if Kawhi regrets recruiting PG to the Clips.

Starting to wonder if maybe it's time to question if PG regrets letting Kawhi recruit him?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fact.

Motor only takes you so far if you don’t have the explosiveness to beat defenders.
I’m not the biggest Westbrook fan, but I do respect him for the athlete that he is. I would compare him to Adrian Peterson in the NFL in terms of being a generational freak athlete. Peterson has gone way beyond the age norm for a running back. Going to be very interesting to see if Westbrook will continue adapting. I think they are going to run him into the ground, which is right up his alley.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a strange character, but is there a reason why Kawhi hasn't re-signed with the Clips already?

Surely they would have offered the max deal by now.

Or is he looking elsewhere?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a strange character, but is there a reason why Kawhi hasn't re-signed with the Clips already?

Surely they would have offered the max deal by now.

Or is he looking elsewhere?
Always knew he was a strange guy but always seemed like a decent person. He didn’t look good at all though with what came out with his dealings in the Paul George situation. So basically there is no telling what he is up to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the worst odds. Do you think either Washington or Portland got better? I think they arguably got worse (especially in Washington’s case). They have two chances for a guy to force themselves out, not 1. Now add in the idea that there are few contenders that can put together a package that can beat what the Sixers put together with a Simmons deal without diminishing why Dame and Beal would want to go there.

But even if you don’t see all of that and still think it’s not likely to happen…he’s not Fucking around to be a great regular season team. He’s doing this to compete for a title. Getting back Fox Hield and picks or getting back LaVert Brogdan and picks etc…doesn’t change Philly’s ability to truly compete for a title. Adding Dame or Beal does.

Where am I off here?

That all still relies on Portland or Washington valuing Ben Simmons as much as Philadelphia does (and Beal or Dame wanting to go to Philly). Philly will have to come down on their demand for Simmons quite a bit it seems. That's the big disconnect; if Philly has given up on Simmons, who still values him enough to give up prized assets for him?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, PJ Tucker's an inch shorter than Green and has been known to play the 4. So, not too far fetched.

Body types not very similar though, lol. Nobody has ever accused Green of being a bruiser...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been doing deep playoff runs since the Finals. It's not like he hasn't been to the playoffs. He does have 3 seasons in a row where he averaged a triple-double. That does take some semblance of effort.

Sure, but he just came off two shortened seasons without deep playoff runs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 7th among active players. The people ahead of him?

Lebron
Carmelo
Dwight Howard
Iggy
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant

Not saying the tank is empty certainly but his 32000 minutes

He's also arguably the most athletic of that group and carrying the least bulk (other than CP3, who's considerably older).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking to a friend last night and LeBron Scorched Earth is playing out again. He brought a championship and may compete for another but when he’s done the organization is going to go through some hard times. This may be one of the oldest rosters I’ve seen in the NBA.

It's all temporary. Most of the new players are on one year deals. The younger guys they brought in are on 2 year deals I believe. They will continue to bring guys in to build around AD as Lebron, then Russ either move on or retire.

Big difference in luring talent to LA with AD in place than trying to do so in Cleveland around Kevin Love.