• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why history is repeating itself with Zion.

baffled at the lack of shooting they’ve put around him so far.

That.

And also I don’t think Zion is really that good. At least not yet. Not in the way where his presence in the game has the impact it should given his talent.

He is great for highlights though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Giannis was downplayed after the Heat series. I think AD is more talented but if i'm starting a team, I'm going with Giannis over AD every time. As I said last year, I don't know how good AD is as a 1 in terms of team success. The Lakers is a great fit because he is the 2nd option. All the pressure is on James while AD can just play his game.
If he can walk that particular day yes.

Foggers1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on the All NBA team. I'm a homer but I think it's a sham that Embiid was 2nd in the MVP vote and yet is 2nd team All NBA because of the silly way they organize the vote.
Agreed. Embiid over Leonard and lillard over doncic

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That.

And also I don’t think Zion is really that good. At least not yet. Not in the way where his presence in the game has the impact it should given his talent.

He is great for highlights though.

I dunno. Down the stretch, when SVG unlocked point Zion, he was looking pretty damn good. Which is why it was pretty stupid imo for the Pels to fire SVG, but I've never really been sold on David Griffin anyway.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only sharing what I read on multiple sources today but the Lakers and Wizards seem to be in talks for a Westbrook trade:

Yeah...I'd pass on that. I don't like that fit at all. Westbrook can't shoot. He's also not really a "creator" type of PG either so you're not really taking a load off of Lebron in that respect either. So either give me a guard that can shoot 3s while Lebron distributes or give me a guard that can create and elevate others so Bron can relax. Westbrook is too ball dominant. About the only positive it would have is you'd at least have line ups where you can have 2 stars on the floor at all times. But I don't like the fit when all 3 play, especially in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Down the stretch, when SVG unlocked point Zion, he was looking pretty damn good. Which is why it was pretty stupid imo for the Pels to fire SVG, but I've never really been sold on David Griffin anyway.

Maybe.

But I need to see it for longer before anointing Zion as anything more than box office.

He can be elite, just think he still has a long ways to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was still the right way to build for them.

They made a bunch of mistakes after Hinkie was forced out and are still right there with the contenders.

When can i say the process failed? When they hit year 10 of the process and no title?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I'd pass on that. I don't like that fit at all. Westbrook can't shoot. He's also not really a "creator" type of PG either so you're not really taking a load off of Lebron in that respect either. So either give me a guard that can shoot 3s while Lebron distributes or give me a guard that can create and elevate others so Bron can relax. Westbrook is too ball dominant. About the only positive it would have is you'd at least have line ups where you can have 2 stars on the floor at all times. But I don't like the fit when all 3 play, especially in the playoffs.

it’s likely bs anyway since you can’t combine sign and trade guys

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are interested in Alex Caruso....LOL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting take on this today.

When you factor in a healthy Lakers, Clippers and Warriors (not to mention Denver and Utah) the Suns are probably looking at a #4-6 seed next year.

So basically, it depends on what's important to him. If, now that he's experienced the finals, he now wants to win a title, he'll opt out and sign with a contender.

If he's happy with where he is and what he's accomplished, then he re-signs with Phoenix for a couple of seasons to close out his career.

That's a TON of money to forego to move to a different contender. To me, the options are opt out for an extension with Phoenix or opt in and move to a contender for 2022/23. Can't imagine ANYONE passing on $44M+ to sign for less than $10M on an MLE deal elsewhere.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that would certainly be exciting to watch

For Laker-haters, sure. Lakers need perimeter shooting around Lebron and AD more than anything. Westbrick is not the answer behind the arc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will hopefully keep guys who shouldn’t be leaving early from doing so.

it will make every summer feel like the NBA offseason with all the transfers

Are those guys the ones getting the big endorsement deals though? Seems like it's just a bonus for the stars that will turn pro ASAP anyway, more than anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of comment like this on the Heat/Lakers finals thread after the series

That comment is still pretty accurate, but the Lakers don't drape themselves on AD's shoulders as much as the Bucks do with Giannis. He puts up huge numbers, but he is the sole rebounding threat and the offense is run through him. The Lakers are run through Lebron first. AD is still the better jumpshooter, but Giannis has certainly caught him defensively.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see what AD does when Lebron is gone. Will he step up and be the #1? Or will the Lakers have to try to sign a #1?

Lakers will definitely be pursuing another superstar to replace Lebron. Who ends up being the 1 or 2 depends on the choice really.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment is still pretty accurate, but the Lakers don't drape themselves on AD's shoulders as much as the Bucks do with Giannis. He puts up huge numbers, but he is the sole rebounding threat and the offense is run through him. The Lakers are run through Lebron first. AD is still the better jumpshooter, but Giannis has certainly caught him defensively.

I made it clear im speaking of team success. He's going to put up numbers obviously. I also said AD is more talented but he isn't a true #1. He is the perfect #2 which isn't a criticism. Some guys aren't the perfect #2. PG is a good example of that

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a TON of money to forego to move to a different contender. To me, the options are opt out for an extension with Phoenix or opt in and move to a contender for 2022/23. Can't imagine ANYONE passing on $44M+ to sign for less than $10M on an MLE deal elsewhere.

I agree. I can't imagine it either. But I also haven't made north of $300 million dollars off of just basketball over the past 17 years without getting a title.

Having said that, $30 million is an awfully big haircut no matter what you've made. Which is why I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited: