• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ mentioned it.....what everybody is overlooking is that RW will give the Lakers a scorer if and when AD and James are hurt or need load management.....we really struggled to score when they were both hurt. It was almost painful to watch how pathetic the offense was. I get that RW isn't a good outside shooter but he's a freak athlete that we got for very little.

Nobody is overlooking that.

But, if 1 of those guys is hurt in the playoffs, you aren’t winning the championship.

That is where the expectations are set for this team.

So a few extra regular season wins simply isn’t that meaningful to me.

It wi be interesting to see what happens with Schroeder now and if the Lakers are still able to sign and trade him for a shooter.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, if 1 of those guys is hurt in the playoffs, you aren’t winning the championship.

It wi be interesting to see what happens with Schroeder now and if the Lakers are still able to sign and trade him for a shooter.
They'll be healthy, that is why getting RW was key. He allows them to rest James and AD aka load management and not rush them back if they get hurt.

Signing Melo gives them another scorer also.

I agree with Schroder and the sign and trade for a shooter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign and trade Schroder for a shooter.

There is some thought he could be worked into the Westbrook trade, bringing in Sacramento. He can't agree to a S&T until Monday, so it wouldn't be reported until at least then. S&T Schroder to Washington filling their PG need, move Harrell and Kuzma on to the Kings, and Hield to the Lakers. Supposedly the Wizards want KCP for whatever reason.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some thought he could be worked into the Westbrook trade, bringing in Sacramento. He can't agree to a S&T until Monday, so it wouldn't be reported until at least then. S&T Schroder to Washington filling their PG need, move Harrell and Kuzma on to the Kings, and Hield to the Lakers. Supposedly the Wizards want KCP for whatever reason.
Link?

So we get RW and Hield? That would be sweet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another major point, this will be the first time all the pressure isn't on RW, he's always been a #1 and #2 option. Being a #3 will be a different role but hopefully as he has matured it will be a role that will help him focus on other parts of his game other than just trying to carry a team on his back or the scoring load.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ mentioned it.....what everybody is overlooking is that RW will give the Lakers a scorer if and when AD and James are hurt or need load management.....we really struggled to score when they were both hurt. It was almost painful to watch how pathetic the offense was. I get that RW isn't a good outside shooter but he's a freak athlete that we got for very little.
Not many are overlooking that, myself and others mentioned the same thing. Like I said, they will be fine. They just need to stay healthy, get some shooters and fill out the rest of this team...the role players will be the difference if they win a championship or not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some shooting options from the available vets that could be in play: JJ Redick, Wayne Ellington, Otto Porter, etc, or they could bring back Svi, Bullock or Josh Hart? Some could be min options, some a possibility for the $5.9 taxpayer MLE...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Westbrook is there to spell Lebron so the Lakers can have him healthy and rested for the playoffs and to prevent a freefall if the Lakers lose one or both of Lebron/AD for any length of time.

Agree that if they don't have Lebron and/or AD for the playoffs, they aren't winning a title and Westbrook doesn't change that.

You're right, Schroder is going to be interesting. On the one hand, he's a very talented player who should have a lot of value. So you'd think you can get a good return.

On the other hand, he's a guy who is looking at being on what? His 4th team in 5 years? and is said to be a locker room problem. I think the Lakers are going to have to try to downplay/explain away some of that...and even then, he still has to agree to a sign and trade. No guarantee he does that since he has the option of just walking away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is not trash.

But he very clearly does not fit well with LeBron.

He is as ball dominant as they come and he can’t shoot. The more non-shooters you have out there, the easier it becomes to help on drives.

The Lakers are now right there with the Nets in terms of talent, but have serious fit/depth issues along with age and injury concern for their stars.

Injury luck and how they fill out the rest of the roster will determine how far this team will go next year. I am not ready to bet on them until I see who else they add, but I won’t be betting against them yet either.

One of the biggest issues with the Lakers, even with everyone healthy, was the huge drop in production when Lebron came off the floor. This certainly fixes that, as they can manage the minutes of the big 3 to make sure 2 of the 3 are on the court nearly all the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be healthy, that is why getting RW was key.

They'll be rested. No guarantee they'll be healthy. AD's injury could possibly be explained by not being rested. He didn't exactly show up in shape. But Lebron's injury had nothing to do with rest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's old. Before Woj tweeted the trade,

The Wiz want Dinwiddie, not Schroder.

Dinwiddie has to want the Wiz though. There are some teams with major cap space available that will be competing for the top few PGs available (Lowry, Dinwiddie, Ball; I doubt CP3 or Conley are changing teams). The Wizards don't gain any cap space with their trades yesterday (they also added Aaron Holiday) and would have to complete a S&T for either Dinwiddie or Schroder. Do you think the Nets are going to want any of Kuzma, KCP, Harrell?

This Pincus article I'm referring to was a response to the confusion between the two trades being reported at the same time. Explained the Lakers order of preference for trades and what could happen now that RW was a done deal. Apparently their #1 choice was the pie-in-the-sky Dame trade, Russ 2nd, and Hield a 3rd option. When Russ made it known he wanted to move on, the Lakers pivoted from Hield to their preferred choice of Russ. Schroder S&T is still one of the Lakers remaining options beyond the vet mins and $5.9M MLE without becoming hard-capped.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be rested. No guarantee they'll be healthy. AD's injury could possibly be explained by not being rested. He didn't exactly show up in shape. But Lebron's injury had nothing to do with rest.

Lebron's injury had to do with a defender diving into his legs. It's not exactly a matter of wear and tear or diminishing health.