• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Beal staying to do a Big 3 with Dinwiddie and Huchimora would break my fucking heart. That’s a group that will max out as a 4 seed if everything goes their way and home in round 2.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn’t the same but LBJ & Wade were smart enough to make it work…RW will have to be the guy that is always moving without the ball, he had to change his game more than anyone at times. When injuries happen or LBJ is resting he can still be that instant scorer and I think at times he showed he can change his game in Houston but at times he went into his chuck mode…this is where Lebron comes in, Harden isn’t much of a leader. Definitely going to be the most challenging thing of his career imo
The Wade drop is a strong comparison. At first, I wanted to be like well at least Wade could shoot the 3. Went to check his 3pt% to bolster my argument and was shocked at what I found. DWade was like a 29% 3 pt guy haha. Crazy the way you remember stuff. Never realized his 3 pt shooting was so bad. Goes to show what being a clutch shot maker can do in driving a guy’s rep but at the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about separating champions from the very good.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD, James and RW met a few weeks ago to discuss putting egos and playing together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Westbrook is a good fit for the Lakers, you're the one who is clueless about basketball, pinhead

I'm not really a fan of Westbrook on the Lakers. But, it's not likely to be near the disaster that you seem to think it will be.

Westbrook isn't an ideal fit, but he's better than what they gave up to get him. He won't be taking the ball out of Lebron's hands unless Lebron wants him to. He's definitely not going to help with the 3 point shooting, but 3's aren't the Lakers only need. They also needed a playmaker which Westbrook is. He's also a guy who can keep the teams head above water if they should lose Lebron and/or AD for any length of time. As I posted earlier, if they had Westbrook this past season, they don't fall all the way to 7th when AD and Lebron were out. I'd also add that he and the 60%-70% the Lakers had of Lebron, likely gets them past the Suns and maybe AD is healthy by the 2nd round?

Defensively, Westbrook is a big upgrade over anyone the Lakers gave up as well. He's a guy who can defend against the top guards in the league.

You also have to consider the Lebron factor. Neither D-Wade, nor Kyrie were ideal fits, but Lebron made it work. It seems likely that he'll be able to make it work with Westbrook too.

There were better "fits" that they could have gone after (and likely did), but with the lack of assets, they were in a bit of a "beggars can't be choosers" situation. As long as they get a couple of vets who can shoot (Melo is considered a very likely signing) they'll be fine and if they're not favored to win the title, only Brooklyn will be favored over them.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is not trash.

But he very clearly does not fit well with LeBron.

He is as ball dominant as they come and he can’t shoot. The more non-shooters you have out there, the easier it becomes to help on drives.

The Lakers are now right there with the Nets in terms of talent, but have serious fit/depth issues along with age and injury concern for their stars.

Injury luck and how they fill out the rest of the roster will determine how far this team will go next year. I am not ready to bet on them until I see who else they add, but I won’t be betting against them yet either.
We won a title without a great outside shooting team. Having said that we do need a SG who can hit the trey.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s like the $3 DVD bin version of a Big 3. You can grab Big Trouble In Little China outta that bin though haha.

Yeah.

As soon as people start calling that a big 3, the term loses all relevance because every team would have a big 3.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan of Westbrook on the Lakers. But, it's not likely to be near the disaster that you seem to think it will be.

Westbrook isn't an ideal fit, but he's better than what they gave up to get him. He won't be taking the ball out of Lebron's hands unless Lebron wants him to. He's definitely not going to help with the 3 point shooting, but 3's aren't the Lakers only need. They also needed a playmaker which Westbrook is. He's also a guy who can keep the teams head above water if they should lose Lebron and/or AD for any length of time. As I posted earlier, if they had Westbrook this past season, they don't fall all the way to 7th when AD and Lebron were out. I'd also add that he and the 60%-70% the Lakers had of Lebron, likely gets them past the Suns and maybe AD is healthy by the 2nd round?

Defensively, Westbrook is a big upgrade over anyone the Lakers gave up as well. He's a guy who can defend against the top guards in the league.

You also have to consider the Lebron factor. Neither D-Wade, nor Kyrie were ideal fits, but Lebron made it work. It seems likely that he'll be able to make it work with Westbrook too.

There were better "fits" that they could have gone after (and likely did), but with the lack of assets, they were in a bit of a "beggars can't be choosers" situation. As long as they get a couple of vets who can shoot (Melo is considered a very likely signing) they'll be fine and if they're not favored to win the title, only Brooklyn will be favored over them.
yep.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a title without a great outside shooting team. Having said that we do need a SG who can hit the trey.

You did not have a great shooting team in 2019.

But you also did have a lot of guards who kept opposing defenses honest with the 3 ball. Even Rondo shot the 3 well in the playoffs.

Defenses will be even more stacked in the lane when Bron and Russ are on the floor together. Better get a couple bigs who can shoot or this really might not work.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did not have a great shooting team in 2019.

But you also did have a lot of guards who kept opposing defenses honest with the 3 ball. Even Rondo shot the 3 well in the playoffs.

Defenses will be even more stacked in the lane when Bron and Russ are on the floor together. Better get a couple bigs who can shoot or this really might not work.
Vets are going to want to play.....we will sign some guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wade drop is a strong comparison. At first, I wanted to be like well at least Wade could shoot the 3. Went to check his 3pt% to bolster my argument and was shocked at what I found. DWade was like a 29% 3 pt guy haha. Crazy the way you remember stuff. Never realized his 3 pt shooting was so bad. Goes to show what being a clutch shot maker can do in driving a guy’s rep but at the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about separating champions from the very good.

Yeah Wade probably had a season or 2 where he shot in the low 30s but that was as good as it got for him shooting the 3 ball

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas isn't in the business of being wrong

+400 the Lakers win it all next season.
You never get a true line on franchises like the Yankees or Notre Dame football or the Lakers because the stupid public is always a threat to over value them betting. Just saying…

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ mentioned it.....what everybody is overlooking is that RW will give the Lakers a scorer if and when AD and James are hurt or need load management.....we really struggled to score when they were both hurt. It was almost painful to watch how pathetic the offense was. I get that RW isn't a good outside shooter but he's a freak athlete that we got for very little.