• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook brings some badly needed defense and between him, Lebron and Davis the Lakers have a big three.. Dudley was a free agent, Pope and Kuzma are okay, but Westbrook is a legitimate point guard that can play

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Westbrook is a triple double threat who can provide much needed offense - something they severely lacked when Lebron and AD were out last season.

Just a couple of days ago we were laughing that literally nobody wanted Kuzma, and Trezz had more DNPs in the 2nd half of the season than he had minutes. And who exactly were they going to draft in a #22 that was going to have an immediate impact?

Oh but its shooting that you want?

Tell me, how good were the 2020 Lakers in shooting when they won the title? As a team they ranked 12th out of 16 playoff teams.
Their best player from 3 was Morris, who was 30th overall in the playoffs and the Lakers are probably going to keep him. Next best player? Anthony Davis.

The Lakers finally have their 3rd star.

Westbrook is not trash.

But he very clearly does not fit well with LeBron.

He is as ball dominant as they come and he can’t shoot. The more non-shooters you have out there, the easier it becomes to help on drives.

The Lakers are now right there with the Nets in terms of talent, but have serious fit/depth issues along with age and injury concern for their stars.

Injury luck and how they fill out the rest of the roster will determine how far this team will go next year. I am not ready to bet on them until I see who else they add, but I won’t be betting against them yet either.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Lebron says he's got vets lined up to come play for cheap and the team needs shooting, he needs to be calling these guys;

Danny Green
JJ Redick
Rudy Gay
Wayne Ellington
Otto Porter Jr (he should probably get more than the MLE from other teams)
Trevor Ariza
Doug McDermott (same as Porter)
Reggie Bullock
Kelly Olynyk
Gorgui Dieng

I didn't include Melo because I think its pretty much a given he'll go to the Lakers. But those are the players I'd target hard. Especially the first three to get some shooting and recoup a little defense since KCP is gone (Redick is an underrated team defender). I'd especially go hard after Olynyk. He'd be a great pairing next to AD in some post season line ups and he can function as a center in plenty of line ups as well. Problem is, he played well enough in Houston that there's probably some team (like the Knicks) with cap room that can pay him pretty well. They need to get some centers not named Drummond as well (like try to lure Howard or McGee back) but I mostly wanted to highlight players that can provide better spacing.
I watched Reddick for 3 years in Philly and I’m gonna disagree on under rated team defender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Reddick for 3 years in Philly and I’m gonna disagree on under rated team defender.

Here is what I will say about Reddick.

He is a smart defender who is totally and completely outmatched athletically. He is in position which makes him not as bad as he could be, but he just can’t stay with guys so he gets picked on a lot.

Definitely a liability, but not for lack of effort.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Lebron says he's got vets lined up to come play for cheap and the team needs shooting, he needs to be calling these guys;

Danny Green
JJ Redick
Rudy Gay
Wayne Ellington
Otto Porter Jr (he should probably get more than the MLE from other teams)
Trevor Ariza
Doug McDermott (same as Porter)
Reggie Bullock
Kelly Olynyk
Gorgui Dieng

I didn't include Melo because I think its pretty much a given he'll go to the Lakers. But those are the players I'd target hard. Especially the first three to get some shooting and recoup a little defense since KCP is gone (Redick is an underrated team defender). I'd especially go hard after Olynyk. He'd be a great pairing next to AD in some post season line ups and he can function as a center in plenty of line ups as well. Problem is, he played well enough in Houston that there's probably some team (like the Knicks) with cap room that can pay him pretty well. They need to get some centers not named Drummond as well (like try to lure Howard or McGee back) but I mostly wanted to highlight players that can provide better spacing.

After the way Kelly O played in Houston there is no way he settles for the minimum and if he does then he should fire his agent immediately. He needs to get his last decent deal

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I will say about Reddick.

He is a smart defender who is totally and completely outmatched athletically. He is in position which makes him not as bad as he could be, but he just can’t stay with guys so he gets picked on a lot.

Definitely a liability, but not for lack of effort.
I agree in assessing his willingness and a vet who knows his limitations. He’s good at knowing which way is better for him to get cooked off the dribble so that his team has a chance to recover. But it becomes an auto finish 1 of each 2 chances. When he was a Sixer all Boston did in the playoffs was find his cover and get him to switch on Scary Terry or Tatum or Brown. JJ can’t start but he can give you 15-18 with your 2nd unit as a shooter. He’s a good locker room guy as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way Kelly O played in Houston there is no way he settles for the minimum and if he does then he should fire his agent immediately. He needs to get his last decent deal

But that is just it.

He is talented enough to post numbers if he gets minutes. He is a very skilled offensive player. Always has been.

He is nothing more than a bit player on a good team. Just depends on his outlook. Does he want to squeeze a couple extra million or play for a winner?

Could go either way in him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is like tlance said, it definitely totally depends on how they fill out this roster and injuries but if there is one guy that can win with RW and make him somejow fit into this offense…it’s Lebron

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in assessing his willingness and a vet who knows his limitations. He’s good at knowing which way is better for him to get cooked off the dribble so that his team has a chance to recover. But it becomes an auto finish 1 of each 2 chances. When he was a Sixer all Boston did in the playoffs was find his cover and get him to switch on Scary Terry or Tatum or Brown. JJ can’t start but he can give you 15-18 with your 2nd unit as a shooter. He’s a good locker room guy as well.

Used to play pickup with a guy who was Reddick’s high school teammate.

Said JJ was like the 4th or 5th best athlete on their team.

He is a pretty normal dude with an other worldly ability to shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is like tlance said, it definitely totally depends on how they fill out this roster and injuries but if there is one guy that can win with RW and make him somejow fit into this offense…it’s Lebron

Yeah, it isn’t that different from the fit with Wade.

Well, aside from the fact that Wade and Bron were in their primes when they joined up.

They can make it work, but better do well in FA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is just it.

He is talented enough to post numbers if he gets minutes. He is a very skilled offensive player. Always has been.

He is nothing more than a bit player on a good team. Just depends on his outlook. Does he want to squeeze a couple extra million or play for a winner?

Could go either way in him.

He's 30. I would opt for one more decent contract then ring chase when that contract is up

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that LeBron is so versatile that he can make it work. But at the same time, there’s only one ball and RW and LeBron who need to be on the ball for their game to be at their optimal level. On the ball LeBron is a top 10 player even at his age. Off the ball LeBron is a top 25-30 player. RW on the ball is a top 20 player. Off the ball he’s just another guy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to play pickup with a guy who was Reddick’s high school teammate.

Said JJ was like the 4th or 5th best athlete on their team.

He is a pretty normal dude with an other worldly ability to shoot.
For basketball purists who really love the nuance of the game, watching JJ play off the ball and run through screens is a thing of beauty when you get a prime time dialed in Redick. One of the best I’ve seen with that skill.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that LeBron is so versatile that he can make it work. But at the same time, there’s only one ball and RW and LeBron who need to be on the ball for their game to be at their optimal level. On the ball LeBron is a top 10 player even at his age. Off the ball LeBron is a top 25-30 player. RW on the ball is a top 20 player. Off the ball he’s just another guy.
I know it isn’t the same but LBJ & Wade were smart enough to make it work…RW will have to be the guy that is always moving without the ball, he had to change his game more than anyone at times. When injuries happen or LBJ is resting he can still be that instant scorer and I think at times he showed he can change his game in Houston but at times he went into his chuck mode…this is where Lebron comes in, Harden isn’t much of a leader. Definitely going to be the most challenging thing of his career imo