• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards should definitely be trying to move up from 15 to get Davion Mitchell if he drops past the Warriors at 7.
I’m not convinced he’s the best prospect from Baylor

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Beal I'm demanding a trade right now. The Wiz absorb all the Lakers' Klutch contracts and don't even get the #22 pick back? They gave in to the LA hype on this one...

The worst part is that I may be forced to root for the Lakers now that they have Russ. Yuck.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy has a fetish for cap space. Just look at how he kept shitting on the Warriors for their tax problems. Worked out ok for us fans.

yah? when they didnt have cap issues and had fleixiblity and draft assets they added to the team

what happened the last 2 years?

LOTTO CITY.

and its only going to get worse as Draymond and Klay age on long term deals that cost a ton.

If I was Golden State- you HAVE to make a deal to get somoene else in there- because with Draymond declining- if Klay doesnt come all the way- or most of the way back- Curry might just look around and decide the walls are closing in when his contract ends once the upcoming year is complete.

as is- its going to be a gamble for him to tie himself to a declinng Green signed up for years to come, and a post 30, post 2 major injury Klay with zero cap room.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if at the end of the year Klay has taken a real step back and Draymond continues to decline- you would be crazy if you didnt have some worry about Curry thinking maybe somewhere else might be a better spot to finish out my career.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Beal I'm demanding a trade right now. The Wiz absorb all the Lakers' Klutch contracts and don't even get the #22 pick back? They gave in to the LA hype on this one...

The worst part is that I may be forced to root for the Lakers now that they have Russ. Yuck.

Wizards will have roughly 79M committed in salary in 2022. They'll be in a position where they can go after a major free agent in a loaded 2022 Free Agency to pair with Beal. This works to Beal's benefit if he wants to stay in Washington.

Everyone thinks of Russ' talent, but they also have to acknowledge his salary.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning often requires flexiblity to add

the Lakers have no draft picks and no cap space.

its vet. min. tax payer mid level and thats it.

and the only reason you got westbrook for a bunch of mediocre dudes is because westbrook has issues and makes an ungodly amount of money
LMAO

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah? when they didnt have cap issues and had fleixiblity and draft assets they added to the team

what happened the last 2 years?

LOTTO CITY.

and its only going to get worse as Draymond and Klay age on long term deals that cost a ton.

If I was Golden State- you HAVE to make a deal to get somoene else in there- because with Draymond declining- if Klay doesnt come all the way- or most of the way back- Curry might just look around and decide the walls are closing in when his contract ends once the upcoming year is complete.

as is- its going to be a gamble for him to tie himself to a declinng Green signed up for years to come, and a post 30, post 2 major injury Klay with zero cap room.

Yeah, and it absolutely sucks being in the lottery. And being out of the playoffs. And having to look forward to the draft lottery.

BUT THE WARRIORS WON 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS. It's worth it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute- the CAvs are the ones getting- not giving the 2nd rounder?

i dont understand.

WE get Rubio instead of Prince. Both guys are expiring- and the Cavs get a 2nd rounder.

????

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thank you

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont understand.

WE get Rubio instead of Prince. Both guys are expiring- and the Cavs get a 2nd rounder.

????

Cavs can’t even draft a first rounder, don’t get too excited about a 2nd

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont understand.

????
Minnesota gets the pick from what I just read on CBS.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont understand.

????

Cap relief for the TWolves. Prince's incoming is less than Rubio's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and it absolutely sucks being in the lottery. And being out of the playoffs. And having to look forward to the draft lottery.

BUT THE WARRIORS WON 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS. It's worth it.
Oh i see now- when i counter your argument thats where you go-

okay fine

but i am glad you finally realize that the cap decisions are going to choke the Warriors out in the years to come just like i said they were. It was inevitable when you keep an aging core together. At some point there will be a price to be paid.

It might not happen this coming year- especially if they use the lotto assets they have earned to bring in another player- but its coming- and it very well might cost you steph at the end of the year if Klay struggles. I dont expect him to struggle- I expect him to be 80-90% of what he was on offense- but the risk is absolutely there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if at the end of the year Klay has taken a real step back and Draymond continues to decline- you would be crazy if you didnt have some worry about Curry thinking maybe somewhere else might be a better spot to finish out my career.

The worry is always there. But Curry built up the team. 12 seasons, consecutively and took them from the shittiest organization in the NBA to the top of the mountain for half a decade. He's earned that right if he chose to at the end of the day. And I wouldn't be one bit salty.

I never thought I'd ever see a championship in the bay area, let alone 3. We used to just hope for a damn all star appearance for one of our players, and we got a 2x MVP. Curry is teflon in my book.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t give a single logical reason why, but for some reason I think this will end up being good for the Lakers.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards will have roughly 79M committed in salary in 2022. They'll be in a position where they can go after a major free agent in a loaded 2022 Free Agency to pair with Beal. This works to Beal's benefit if he wants to stay in Washington.

Everyone thinks of Russ' talent, but they also have to acknowledge his salary.
And if they can dump Kuz fir an expiring deal they’ll be able to gm recruit a max guy almost for sure.