• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ughh. i have an in-grown hair about an inch from where my sack meets my leg....not fun! it just popped too

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards will have roughly 79M committed in salary in 2022. They'll be in a position where they can go after a major free agent in a loaded 2022 Free Agency to pair with Beal. This works to Beal's benefit if he wants to stay in Washington.

Everyone thinks of Russ' talent, but they also have to acknowledge his salary.
I doubt anyone is going to come and want to play with Beal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t give a single logical reason why, but for some reason I think this will end up being good for the Lakers.
i think so to- i think it was an overall positive for the Lakers- not a huge positive but a positive. IF I was a Lakers fan i much would have preferred Hield or some other younger guy taht was a better fit but they just didnt have the assets to make that happen. This is what was out there if they wanted to add a guy taht was talented- and RW is def. still very talented even if he is a pretty shitty fit with the other 2.

KCP is trash. Harrell was not needed.

Kuzma wasnt bad but he wasnt essential.

I am sure they tried for Hield but it wasnt going anywhere.

RW will at least let Lebron rest at times which is crucial at this point in his career with so many miles on his odometer.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i see now- when i counter your argument thats where you go-

okay fine

but i am glad you finally realize that the cap decisions are going to choke the Warriors out in the years to come just like i said they were. It was inevitable when you keep an aging core together. At some point there will be a price to be paid.

It might not happen this coming year- especially if they use the lotto assets they have earned to bring in another player- but its coming- and it very well might cost you steph at the end of the year if Klay struggles. I dont expect him to struggle- I expect him to be 80-90% of what he was on offense- but the risk is absolutely there.
It's not a counter to the argument. It's just logistics. Name me a team that won an NBA Championship that was not cap strapped? It's the price you pay for winning.

Outside of last year there were 6 teams that made the NBA Finals from 2013-2020. 5 of them didn't make the playoffs this year.

Winning has a cost.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i see now- when i counter your argument thats where you go-

okay fine

but i am glad you finally realize that the cap decisions are going to choke the Warriors out in the years to come just like i said they were. It was inevitable when you keep an aging core together. At some point there will be a price to be paid.

It might not happen this coming year- especially if they use the lotto assets they have earned to bring in another player- but its coming- and it very well might cost you steph at the end of the year if Klay struggles. I dont expect him to struggle- I expect him to be 80-90% of what he was on offense- but the risk is absolutely there.

No dude.

Full stop.

They offered full max deals to both Klay and KD.

You said it wasn’t possible to do that. They were going to do if they could.

But, KD decided to leave and they chose to bring in Russell’s salary on a sign and trade because they believed it would help them get another piece.

If the Warriors do not contend this year, then yeah. They probably start to cut salary.

But you swore up and down they wouldn’t try to keep all 4 of those guys.

Yet they did even though both Klay and KD a were going to be out for the next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what they could do if they weren't owned by that family of poors.
they would go way over the luxury tax which they havent been willing to do for a long time. The Cavs have over doubled how much lux. tax the Lakers have paid.

but then the Cavs are owned by one of the richest men in America worth like 35 billion.

itll be itneresting to see if the Lakers use their mini-mid level. I gotta think they will- the only excuse not to woudl be to save $.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude.

Full stop.

But, KD decided to leave and they chose to bring in Russell’s salary on a sign and trade because they believed it would help them get another piece.

If the Warriors do not contend this year, then yeah. They probably start to cut salary.

Yet they did.
The Office Reaction GIF

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude.

Full stop.

Yet they did.
wtf? are you on bath salts?

I said they were not going to have 4 maxes. KIlay Curry and Durant is 3

you think they offer Draymond what they did if Durant is there? HAHAHAAAHAAHA

I am not even saying they cut salary. I am saying their salary situation is going to choke them out from competing considering the deals are to guys who are already aging and they are long term deals.

its common sense. If you reward your older guys with max contracts that take them well into their 30's- at some time you are going to have to pay the piper and your flexiblity is going to choke you- becuase as those guys decline- you cant do much of anything to add to your team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- as far as i can tell- i still have never seen a team with 4 max guys.

any refute that?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf? are you on bath salts?

I said they were not going to have 4 maxes. KIlay Curry and Durant is 3

you think they offer Draymond what they did if Durant is there? HAHAHAAAHAAHA

I am not even saying they cut salary. I am saying their salary situation is going to choke them out from competing considering the deals are to guys who are already aging and they are long term deals.

its common sense. If you reward your older guys with max contracts that take them well into their 30's- at some time you are going to have to pay the piper and your flexiblity is going to choke you- becuase as those guys decline- you cant do much of anything to add to your team.

Don't back out now. You said the Warriors COULDN'T pay KD and Klay because of the tax. I said they would. They offered and KD turned it down. Own your shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fritos…the Kings will accept
scarily- them the twolves or wiz just might.

it amazes me how coveted GM positions are- how so many people want to be GMs and how much talent there is amongst personnel people and you still have organizations like the Wiz, Kings, Twolves, etc.