• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such as? I mean, I guess the Cs "could" if they'd be willing to include Brown...but also not sure the Wiz would want Brown. what could Philly offer not named Embiid? I suspect the #7 pick might be what would be most desirable for Washington.
I think Ben Simmons has more value than the 7th pick. I’d also that it’s 50/50 right now that Tyrese Maxey > than the 7th pick this year and he’s the secondary piece in the deal. That’s Mitchell Bouknight and Keon Johnson territory. The Maxey kid was pretty good this year. Had a 39 point game when he was the only threat on the floor because of Covid. He looked good in the run he had this year. Those other guys are unknowns in terms of how they translate to the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You know your team better than I do. It’s a 5 man draft class is the consensus that I’ve read. Brown and Simmons are relatively young and I would personally choose the known over the unknown after those first 5 guys.

However,

What are the chances either of those guys sticks around after their contracts are up?

Wizards nowhere close to winning if they trade Beal.

Simmons has 1 more year than Brown. Both Simmons and Brown are probably good enough to keep the Wizards from truly bottoming out, neither is a long term building block.

I would rather roll the dice on Wiseman + 7 pick + other picks along with the chance to really bottom out.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However,

What are the chances either of those guys sticks around after their contracts are up?

Wizards nowhere close to winning if they trade Beal.

Simmons has 1 more year than Brown. Both Simmons and Brown are probably good enough to keep the Wizards from truly bottoming out, neither is a long term building block.

I would rather roll the dice on Wiseman + 7 pick + other picks along with the chance to really bottom out.
Wiseman + 7 + 14 + another pick from Philly + salary seems like a good haul for Beal. Plus you can probably dump Westbrook for another pick.

Who's making the calls to the front offices?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Wiggins and getting Simmons instead is better. And I know Klay before his injuries could cover the 3 but it isn't ideal. Beal is Beal but KD is KD
KD is one of a kind…but having Beal is night and day from what they have now. Simmons value is probably higher at this point than Beal’s from the 76er’s front office view so I’m not sure why you would need Wiggins & Simmons. You have to match salaries somehow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence my preference for Simmons and Wiggins over Beal. A lineup of Dray/Klay/Simmons/Wiggins would be the best defensive team in the league
What are you trading for Simmons if you think they can keep Wiggins and trade for Simmons? Not likely, whatever you trade for Simmons is likely around the same you would trade for Beal. The 76ers are delusional

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is one of a kind…but having Beal is night and day from what they have now. Simmons value is probably higher at this point than Beal’s from the 76er’s front office view so I’m not sure why you would need Wiggins & Simmons. You have to match salaries somehow.
Beal is night and day from...what exactly?

If you can get Beal only by trading Wiggins and Wiseman and picks I'm not sure they are significantly better. Certainly worse on defense.

If you can get Beal trading Wiseman and picks only that's better, but I'd rather have Simmons.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you trading for Simmons if you think they can keep Wiggins and trade for Simmons? Not likely, whatever you trade for Simmons is likely around the same you would trade for Beal. The 76ers are delusional
We already worked this out, 3 way trade. Warriors want Simmons more than Beal. Sixers want Beal more than Simmons. Wizards want to get as much as they can for Beal. So the trade is:

Warriors get Simmons
Sixers get Beal
Wizards get Wiseman, 7, and 14 from GS, another pick and/or Maxey from Philly, plus salary filler.

That is win win win

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already worked this out, 3 way trade. Warriors want Simmons more than Beal. Sixers want Beal more than Simmons. Wizards want to get as much as they can for Beal. So the trade is:

Warriors get Simmons
Sixers get Beal
Wizards get Wiseman, 7, and 14 from GS, another pick and/or Maxey from Philly, plus salary filler.

That is win win win

I am on board

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors get Simmons
Sixers get Beal

That is win win win

That would work actually.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.

In terms of assets it works.

But you are correct.

Need a 3rd team in rebuild mode with a very good player they are willing to move
Thunder have Kemba Walker, let’s get it moving

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work actually.
I mean, if the Warriors pull that off, and it's not like it's an unfair deal it really is win win win, but if that happens....see ya in the finals Brooklyn!

That would actually be a reason for the other 2 teams not to let the Ws in on it. But then again, the other teams are out East, Philly needs to make a move, Wizards can go full rebuild they don't care what the Warriors do the next 3 years...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if the Warriors pull that off, and it's not like it's an unfair deal it really is win win win, but if that happens....see ya in the finals Brooklyn!

That would actually be a reason for the other 2 teams not to let the Ws in on it. But then again, the other teams are out East, Philly needs to make a move, Wizards can go full rebuild they don't care what the Warriors do the next 3 years...

Philly gets better too. Maybe a lot better.

Not so sure Brooklyn beats them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is who you get as gs.

7, wiseman and Wiggins for siakam all day and be done with it.

with how things sound now the raptors could pull Suggs and Kuminga from this draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is who you get as gs.

7, wiseman and Wiggins for siakam all day and be done with it.

with how things sound now the raptors could pull Suggs and Kuminga from this draft.

The problem is that GS would ideally want to get a 3rd star without giving up Wiggins.

I think it is possible. But any trade would have to be post draft.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that GS would ideally want to get a 3rd star without giving up Wiggins.

I think it is possible. But any trade would have to be post draft.

Im just done with the wild overeating of Wiggins.

he’s still an underwater contract

he’s filler to make siakam deal work. There’s basically no other way for gs to get siakam without including Wiggins.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just done with the wild overeating of Wiggins.

he’s still an underwater contract

he’s filler to make siakam deal work. There’s basically no other way for gs to get siakam without including Wiggins.
You don't see clearly on that guy, he's simply not the useless player he was in Minny now. Overpaid is another story but he is a major asset on the Ws.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, he's as good as gone.

With names like CP3, Westbrook and Lowry mentioned over the last few days, it'll be interesting to see who they actively go for (whether they'll actually get them is another thing)