• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how big that trophy is. I never really realized its size considering it's always held by NBA players. But seeing a normal sized woman in Rachel Nichols hold it really gives you a different sense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can i say the process failed? When they hit year 10 of the process and no title?
When Joel Embiid bolts or his skills fade and he’s no longer a top player. He’s the straw that stirs the drink. They took a ton of hacks at getting a star and they got one. As tlance pointed out, mismanagement and a poor vision in team building from the front office has been the problem. Morey hasn’t even been on the job a year. He’s a competent professional that can put together a better balanced team. He shed JRich and Horford, two contracts people said couldn’t be traded. Let’s see what he does this off season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Lakers, Sixers and Celtics are all interested in Reggie Bullock.
Dude really turned heads with his playoffs. I would take him on the Sixers in a heartbeat, especially if Danny Green doesn’t come back.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude really turned heads with his playoffs. I would take him on the Sixers in a heartbeat, especially if Danny Green doesn’t come back.
I mean you got korkman who is basically just younger Bullock.

that’s not a knock. I’ve been a bullock fan

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Joel Embiid bolts or his skills fade and he’s no longer a top player. He’s the straw that stirs the drink. They took a ton of hacks at getting a star and they got one. As tlance pointed out, mismanagement and a poor vision in team building from the front office has been the problem. Morey hasn’t even been on the job a year. He’s a competent professional that can put together a better balanced team. He shed JRich and Horford, two contracts people said couldn’t be traded. Let’s see what he does this off season.
I do get what you and tlance are saying (as winning a title is not easy for anyone), but not sure pointing to mismanagement and bad deals as an excuse to say the Process didn't fail makes sense. Are we saying only the deals that worked should be considered?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you got korkman who is basically just younger Bullock.

that’s not a knock. I’ve been a bullock fan
I Gotta be honest. I hate Furkan Korkmaz and all he represents. He’s the current iteration of JJ Redick Marco Belinelli. In that I mean a guy who has little place in playoff basketball. He’s a streaky outside shooter that on a great night can give you 4-5 threes but it doesn’t matter because in his minutes he’s giving up 20 to his cover. He gets your team in foul trouble because either he picks up fouls trying to keep someone in front of you or he gets cooked and a help defender picks up a foul at the rim. A guy like Bullock is an upgrade over a guy like that because he can defend his position.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get what you and tlance are saying (as winning a title is not easy for anyone), but not sure pointing to mismanagement and bad deals as an excuse to say the Process didn't fail makes sense. Are we saying only the deals that worked should be considered?
Not at all. Tlance was more bullish than I in declaring it a success. My argument is that the story is still being written. At the same time, there is maybe 3-5 years left of Embiid being an elite player that you can build a championship caliber roster around. But he’s a big man with injury history. His place as an elite player could be over on his next trip down the floor. What can’t be argued is that the Process has brought an exciting follow back to the NBA in Philly. That couldn’t be said after the A.I. trade to Denver. For years they were wandering in the wilderness floating as a 6-8 seed. Guys that got “processed” like Holiday and Iguodala would have forced themselves out or signed as free agents elsewhere anyway during these years. I can’t see them wanting to stick around with a listless team that was picking at the tail end of the lottery or the 15-17 spot in the draft. I agree with tlance in that this tactic was the right move. But would also be quick to point out that like all roster management you have to be sound in the individual decisions made and the Sixers front office made some very poor individual decisions. The biggest mistake was not moving mountains to keep Jimmy Butler. Sixers should have fired Brown to appease him (did that anyway) and they should have traded Simmons to appease Butler as well. Sixers would be Embiid, Butler, Harris plus whatever you got back in a Simmons trade which would have been a much greater return back then than what they’re getting now.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Tlance was more bullish than I in declaring it a success. My argument is that the story is still being written. At the same time, there is maybe 3-5 years left of Embiid being an elite player that you can build a championship caliber roster around. But he’s a big man with injury history. His place as an elite player could be over on his next trip down the floor. What can’t be argued is that the Process has brought an exciting follow back to the NBA in Philly. That couldn’t be said after the A.I. trade to Denver. For years they were wandering in the wilderness floating as a 6-8 seed. Guys that got “processed” like Holiday and Iguodala would have forced themselves out or signed as free agents elsewhere anyway during these years. I can’t see them wanting to stick around with a listless team that was picking at the tail end of the lottery or the 15-17 spot in the draft. I agree with tlance in that this tactic was the right move. But would also be quick to point out that like all roster management you have to be sound in the individual decisions made and the Sixers front office made some very poor individual decisions. The biggest mistake was not moving mountains to keep Jimmy Butler. Sixers should have fired Brown to appease him (did that anyway) and they should have traded Simmons to appease Butler as well. Sixers would be Embiid, Butler, Harris plus whatever you got back in a Simmons trade which would have been a much greater return back then than what they’re getting now.

yeah the butler misfire hurt big time.

I don’t think you can say this is part of the process.

the process got you the building blocks.

the rest is the finishing touches. Not the same as the process, IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a certain extent they never even gave it a chance to succeed when they fired Hinkie.

Colangelo came in and squandered so many assets that the Sixers had stockpiled.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the butler misfire hurt big time.

I don’t think you can say this is part of the process.

the process got you the building blocks.

the rest is the finishing touches. Not the same as the process, IMO
I can agree with that. Both segments are obviously interrelated but I can see where you would draw the line there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a certain extent they never even gave it a chance to succeed when they fired Hinkie.

Colangelo came in and squandered so many assets that the Sixers had stockpiled.
This whole moment still pisses me off. What went down was unprecedented. Adam Silver stepped in and set them on a rotten path. It was Silver that forced Sixers ownership to cut the legs out from underneath Hinke and they even cajoled them to bring on old man Colangelo, a dinosaur who never evolved as the league evolved. Hinke obviously wasn’t going to stick around after having been neutered and then we get the nepotism of him hiring his son Burner Account Colangelo who made the horrid deal with Ainge for the right to draft Fultz. Colangelo’s Twitter shenanigans left Brett Brown as the defacto GM during the summer where PG13 LeBron were both free agents and Kawhi was on the trade block. I’ve been a sports fan my whole life and I am hard pressed to come up with another situation in sports where the league office meddled so much in the decisions of a franchise and on top of that it set into motion awful decision after awful decision.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole moment still pisses me off. What went down was unprecedented. Adam Silver stepped in and set them on a rotten path. It was Silver that forced Sixers ownership to cut the legs out from underneath Hinke and they even cajoled them to bring on old man Colangelo, a dinosaur who never evolved as the league evolved. Hinke obviously wasn’t going to stick around after having been neutered and then we get the nepotism of him hiring his son Burner Account Colangelo who made the horrid deal with Ainge for the right to draft Fultz. Colangelo’s Twitter shenanigans left Brett Brown as the defacto GM during the summer where PG13 LeBron were both free agents and Kawhi was on the trade block. I’ve been a sports fan my whole life and I am hard pressed to come up with another situation in sports where the league office meddled so much in the decisions of a franchise and on top of that it set into motion awful decision after awful decision.

1) chris Paul trade

2) how much better are the sixers with, still fultz, and Romeo Langford? Maybe they take thybulle at 14?

I’m not sure how much history actually changes except maybe you don’t trade up for thybulle….which only cost you pick 34

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid as fuck. Fire a coach that made adjustments and helped the Bucks win their first title in over 50 years.

There's always a few morons.
maybe he has something different on the front- ya know- the side that faces the stage.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, looks like the Lakers are getting the quarterback they need. Kedon Slovis signed with Klutch sports for his NIL.