• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you literally said beyond this year you were incorrect. Sexton is signed on his rookie deal through next season.
well he is an RFA next year

if you let him play on that RFA tender (which is very little)---- it gets dicey to keep him even if you wanted to--- youd still have Bird rights and able to offer the most money though. Its not a bad play i will say.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under 6 year max next year is 29.7M

will Sexton get the max?

gosh i cant see how he will. Its possible but I just dont know.

what they COULD DO is just let Sexton play this year out....let Love play this year out......stretch Love's contract next year to spread his 1 year over 5 years.......

Sexton would be at the RFA cap hold which is not significant.

Love would be at like 6M.

Prince would be gone. Cedi would be 1 year at 7M which would probably be pretty easy to move off of if they wanted.

At that point you would have a ton of cap space--- Sexton, Garland, Okoro, this years pick, Nance, and Windler (if you wanted him).

if they cant get something decent for Sexton that is what i would probably do. Play it out with Sexton and Love this year. Stretch Love after the season. Trade Osman and get off his 7M. Have a bunch of cap space - since under contract would basically only be Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Nance, and Rookie X. Sign a free agent you like. THEN extend Sexton and Garland.
Love would be stretched over 3 years

I think sextons cap hold us higher than you think cause I know markenens was rather significant this year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under 6 year max next year is 29.7M

will Sexton get the max?

gosh i cant see how he will. Its possible but I just dont know.

what they COULD DO is just let Sexton play this year out....let Love play this year out......stretch Love's contract next year to spread his 1 year over 5 years.......

Sexton would be at the RFA cap hold which is not significant.

Love would be at like 6M.

Prince would be gone. Cedi would be 1 year at 7M which would probably be pretty easy to move off of if they wanted.

At that point you would have a ton of cap space--- Sexton, Garland, Okoro, this years pick, Nance, and Windler (if you wanted him).

if they cant get something decent for Sexton that is what i would probably do. Play it out with Sexton and Love this year. Stretch Love after the season. Trade Osman and get off his 7M. Have a bunch of cap space - since under contract would basically only be Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Nance, and Rookie X. Sign a free agent you like. THEN extend Sexton and Garland.
Seems like some good ideas...guess not really sure who they could get even with cap space. Also have Allen's deal, assuming they resign.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love would be stretched over 3 years

I think sextons cap hold us higher than you think cause I know markenens was rather significant this year
yah i just looked- it would be 250% of the players previous year salary I ithink. (250% if salary was over league average- 300% if below league average). So it would be more sigifnicant then I thought. Probably a little over 20M.

Gotcha- and you are right--- stretch is 2x length o f contract +1......so- 3 years.- so about 10M a year.

Love and Sexton would be about 30M.

Nance at 9.6
Garland at 9
Okoro at 7
Windler at 4

roster holds- rookie salary- say another 8M. Still working with over 40M in cap space potentially.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like some good ideas...guess not really sure who they could get even with cap space. Also have Allen's deal, assuming they resign.
fuck- totally forgot about Allen.

take that 40M and cut it in half- at best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he is an RFA next year

if you let him play on that RFA tender (which is very little)---- it gets dicey to keep him even if you wanted to--- youd still have Bird rights and able to offer the most money though. Its not a bad play i will say.
Thought next year was the 4th year of his rookie deal and he is an RFA AFTER next season. Might be something in CBA I'm missing. Apologies to tlance if I was.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck- totally forgot about Allen.

take that 40M and cut it in half- at best.
good problem to add, though, as he's better than any FA we could have added with cap room I think.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought next year was the 4th year of his rookie deal and he is an RFA AFTER next season. Might be something in CBA I'm missing. Apologies to tlance if I was.
hmmm...

so his qualifying offer for 2022-2023 would be 8.6M. His cap hold would be 19M.

If you gave him his qualifying offer- you couldnt sign him to an extension until he became an UFA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you literally said beyond this year you were incorrect. Sexton is signed on his rookie deal through next season.

This year like the season that is upcoming.

It is off season for all but 2 teams.

Should be pretty obvious what I meant since we are talking about a trade that would go down this summer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors I see (by rumor, I mean someone likely threw it out there as they made salaries match) players I see linked are schroeder, Kuzma, THT and KCP.

Not sure what Cavs think of Kuza and THT but I'd be surprised if enough to get Sexton and Love. Aren't KCP and Schroeder FAs? If so, not sure they'd agree to come to Cavs either.

Thinking a 3rd team needed to make a deal with the Lakers.

Not sure about KCP, but Schroder would have to be a sign and trade. Hard to say what Schroder might do. Reports are that he's looking for $100-$120 million. To get that money, or even close, he may have to be willing to be traded to a rebuilding team. I'd be surprised if he could get that much any other way.

He didn't exactly add to his value this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year like the season that is upcoming.

It is off season for all but 2 teams.

Should be pretty obvious what I meant since we are talking about a trade that would go down this summer.
Thought was what you meant but it wasn't obvious, which was why I asked. I still see many people refer to next season as the 2021-22 season and this season as the one going on. No matter what they are talking about or which team(s). Didn't do it to rip you or start an argument. Just asked as I wasn't sure. Then you tried to start an argument.

Go ahead and get the last word on the matter. Like Geico, "it's what you do"

And, yeah, an "oh, the irony" could work on me here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought was what you meant but it wasn't obvious, which was why I asked. Didn't do it to rip you or start an argument. Just asked as I wasn't sure. Then you tried to start an argument.

I am not trying to start anything.

If my response seemed short it is because yours seemed argumentative to me.

Because that is your rep. And you like to pick out tiny details of posts to hammer on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about KCP, but Schroder would have to be a sign and trade. Hard to say what Schroder might do. Reports are that he's looking for $100-$120 million. To get that money, or even close, he may have to be willing to be traded to a rebuilding team. I'd be surprised if he could get that much any other way.

He didn't exactly add to his value this season.

KCP is under contract for 21/22 and non-guaranteed for 22/23. Kuzma is signed for the next 3 years (3rd being a player option).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we were done with covid?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are a couple of interesting ideas. Maybe a little more realistic than a lot of the suggestions out there.

TL/DR: S&T Schroder to the Bulls for Thaddeus Young and Cobi White. Or, S&T Schroder to the Knicks for Derrick Rose.

Of the 2 ideas, I'd rather go with Rose. Cobi White's potential is intriguing, but the Lakers are looking to win now, not develop a youngster. Young is intriguing and would make moving Kuzma all but a guarantee. But I think Rose fills more of a need.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we were done with covid?

Nah. Too many unvacinnated types keeping the spread numbers up.

Sucks for Beal. He seemed really pumped to play in the Olympics too. At least the next one is only 3 years away and he's still young enough to where he should be able to be on the team in 2024.