• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that’s why I said 2nd biggest but with a Griffin I should have said 3rd. He won’t let it affect his play I don’t think.

He will never be viewed in that way.

Instead, Portland management will be criticized for failing to put pieces around him.

I don’t think that is totally fair, but it is how it will go down.

Dame may very well be at the end of his rope now, but nobody can say he didn’t give everything he had to try to elevate Portland to contender status.

That is why your comparison doesn’t work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting choice.

Wes Unseld was a great man. Somewhat underwhelming coach, but a great man.

Glad to see Jr. get a shot in Washington. Hope it works, not going to bet the house on it though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never be viewed in that way.

Instead, Portland management will be criticized for failing to put pieces around him.

I don’t think that is totally fair, but it is how it will go down.

Dame may very well be at the end of his rope now, but nobody can say he didn’t give everything he had to try to elevate Portland to contender status.

That is why your comparison doesn’t work.
The reason it doesn’t work is he hasn’t let it affect his play yet. You sign a 4 year deal and don’t give your all you are right in the same boat. He won’t do it though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it doesn’t work is he hasn’t let it affect his play yet. You sign a 4 year deal and don’t give your all you are right in the same boat. He won’t do it though.

It is more than that.

Harden has been perceived as a selfish, egotistical player for years.

Dame has pretty much been the league poster child for small market winner that you root for.

Short of committing some heinous crimes, It would be impossible for Dame to undo all that league wide goodwill in 1 off-season.

But you are right that he won’t pull a Harden. It isn’t in his character.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than that.

Harden has been perceived as a selfish, egotistical player for years.

Dame has pretty much been the league poster child for small market winner that you root for.

Short of committing some heinous crimes, It would be impossible for Dame to undo all that league wide goodwill in 1 off-season.

But you are right that he won’t pull a Harden. It isn’t in his character.
Pulling a harden would do it.

Portland in a rough spot for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling a harden would do it.

Portland in a rough spot for sure.

Only in the eyes of a few.

Totally different when a guy know for being a prima Donna does it, vs a guy who has a pristine rep.

My grandfather was a career army vet and served in Vietnam. He never talked about it, but my dad used to tell 1 of the few stories he had passed on as a life lesson.

They were in barracks and needed to evacuate quickly as they got intel there was an air attack heading their way.

1 CO started cussing up a storm screaming at everyone to “fucking move their asses” and whatever else he said.

Soldiers didn’t really take it serious though because he always cussed. But when my grandfather who never cursed repeated the same words, everyone stopped and immediately got in gear.

Because they knew it was for real and him cursing got their attention.

Harden has a history of selfish behavior, so he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. With Dame, if he were to act like that, then you would know his situation was dire.

Because that is a departure from his personality and the character he has shown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is worse than some Laker homers.....Lol.
View attachment 275134

I love Magic...but this is why it's good that he is no longer involved in these decisions. lol

Is there a link to an article where he describes how it happens? Gotta be pretty entertaining.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Williams the dook jackass that said Ime Udoka is the Celtics first ever black HC has tested positive for the virus.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is worse than some Laker homers.....Lol.
View attachment 275134

:pound:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard this one before. I also remember hearing that Kawhi was going to be a Laker. Did you know that Dame, Giannis and Jokic will all be Lakers in the near future? Of course they'll all take team friendly contracts too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a cool story. Shohei Ohtani donated his $150,000 HR derby winnings to Angles staffers. He gave out around 30 checks to trainers, clubhouse workers & media relations personnel.