• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Porter Jr got the big boy money bag. That's wild
The Nuggets are on the backburner in terms of true title contention, but it's only a matter of for how long.

One of these years we're going to run old man Bron out like it's nobody's business...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I just won my fantasy baseball league without rostering a single Dodgers player at any point in the season...

#FuckLA

Teoscar Hernandez is a fantasy God.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the first part, not the second. This comes down to putting something in your body. No matter who you are and what your reasons, I'll respect it.

This dude out there sharing conspiracy theories about Moderna putting microchips in the vaccine to control black people via a super computer. Kyrie deserves to be called a dumbass

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nets are smart, they are in communication with Philly right now exploring trade options.

Kyrie for Simmons + Maxey

Then they sit down with Kyrie and lay it on the line.

“Kyrie, we want you to be a Net. However, we can’t afford to keep you on the roster if you are only available for road games. If you don’t get vaccinated, we will be forced to trade you to Philly.”

Kyrie will likely refuse and both teams will get better.

It really is the perfect trade. My only hang up with it is they are such close competitors with each other

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you hit 35, everything in your body hurts. All the time. It's a scientific fact.

lol

When I was 35, I was coaching high school basketball. The other coach was a good 10 or so years older than me. At practice one day, I commented that I was getting old.

He asks ''How old are you coach?'' I said ''I'm 35''. He say ''HA!! Wait 'til your 40. The wheels fall off''. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude out there sharing conspiracy theories about Moderna putting microchips in the vaccine to control black people via a super computer. Kyrie deserves to be called a dumbass
Yeah, that was a funny conspiracy theory for sure. I do think someone else should be taking the stand on this one as it relates to being against vax mandates. Kyrie's not exactly someone that has a history of competent stands.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as my children are too young to get vaccinated it puts them at risk. As a parent, I would do anything I can to protect my children. So the notion of people saying "well you're vaccinated, why do I have to get mine" is one of the selfish concepts that have grown within society today. But I think what Covid has made me realize is that how little some people actually care about others in our society.

So if you told me a vaccine, developed my science and medicine, would help me prevent possibly spreading a virus that can kill people, sign me up. I have a greater fear of causing someone to die by me passing along the virus, than dying myself. And I think that's the massive disconnect with people who are using the above reasoning on why they don't need to get vaccinated.

Children have an equal-to or higher likelihood of dying of the flu than of Covid. And again, on the bolded, you can still get Covid and pass on Covid to others, even if you're vaxed - I think that's what we all universally agree on. So your point is moot. In fact, there are studies that are coming out that you contain a higher viral load if you're vaccinated vs if you're not.

And are we discounting actual natural immunity - which I've had Covid twice (my 2nd bout was a couple of weeks ago). So, why would I need to take the vaccine if I already have antibodies?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK let's not do that then. Let's actually chat. You say fear of side effects are enough reason not to get jabbed...isn't that similar to the critique of the 'scared Covid babies' petrified of a disease that 'only kills old and fat people'? Who's scared of what?

If you're in a high risk group of Covid, go get vaccinated. If I'm healthy and in my 20's - 30's where Covid has a very unlikely chance of killing me, why am I getting vaccinated? The vaccine should be for those that are at risk. Why am I risking the possibility of blood clots, myocarditis and other potential long term affects for something my immune system could easily handle? Now, if you're in your 50's, have had issues where your immune system is compromised, then maybe the vaccine is for you. That's my stance.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By what percentage? You use a weasel word of "strongly", what's your measurement on that?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in a high risk group of Covid, go get vaccinated. If I'm healthy and in my 20's - 30's where Covid has a very unlikely chance of killing me, why am I getting vaccinated? The vaccine should be for those that are at risk. Why am I risking the possibility of blood clots, myocarditis and other potential long term affects for something my immune system could easily handle? Now, if you're in your 50's, have had issues where your immune system is compromised, then maybe the vaccine is for you. That's my stance.

Quick question

Why is it folks such as yourself use extremely rare side effects such as blood clots as a reason for not getting the vaccine while ignoring the vast array of statistics available that very clearly demonstrate the vaccines protection towards covid?

I'm not saying for a healthy 20 to 30 year old it's imperative you get the shot (but only because of the delta mutation) but it's just rather disingenuous to me to keep asking for this waterfall of proof (which exists) and then use very arbitrary occurrences of the vaccine having negative effects.

Smallpox also had side effects to the vaccine...much worse than covid. But eliminating smallpox was far more important.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, why ARENT you? What is the reason not to? The risks you describe are far less than the risks from catching Covid unvaccinated